• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#421 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

kronwall was not elbowed, it was a clean hit form the 3 angles i saw in hd slow mo.

yep and Kronwall has been garbage too, maybe an elbow to the face will wake him up

#422 Cajanek_Spielmacher

Cajanek_Spielmacher

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

OMG - A T.J.Oshie check on Kronwall. Classic
PRIDE-PASSION-DETERMINATION-FAITH-ST.LOUIS BLUES----

#423 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Apparently committing elbowing, charging and interference all in one does not constitute a penalty, even in a game which the refs called very closely.

#424 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

The officiating was indeed pathetic.

Also, these new line combos didn't look too hot when they were out there. Maybe some of that has to do with constantly having to kill penalties.

In any case, Bertuzzi and Franzen are too lazy and too stupid to be playing on the same line right now.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#425 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

i read previously that the wild didn't deserve a point out of this game.

i'd argue the exact opposite.

the wings played like total morons and didn't deserve a damn thing.

this team is embarrassing.

So are you... why are you still here?

#426 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Considering how the Red Wings have played the last five games, this might be more appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#427 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

The Kronwall hit was unfortunate but legal. My issue right now is that Setodouchebag was blatantly interfering with Howard (who was inside his crease) and didn't get called for it. Harding wanders 50 feet outside his crease, gets knocked, and draws a call.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#428 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

kronwall was not elbowed, it was a clean hit form the 3 angles i saw in hd slow mo.

And by clean hit you mean interference? Kronwall is just as entitled to that ice as Koivu was, except Koivu interfered with Kronwall.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#429 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

Didn't know you could hit the guy who not only doesn't have possession, but isn't even trying to engage you physically.

Kronwall is trying to get around Koivu and takes a shoulder to the face while doing it. That is textbook.

Posted Image

#430 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

How about some funny?

Posted Image

This is amazing.

#431 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Absolutely embarrassing game BY THE REFS tonight. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason the Wings shouldn't have won this game 1 - 0. Dave Jackson should be out a job by midnight if there is any justice in this world.

There isn't.

Were you born yesterday?

Edited by GMRwings1983, 01 November 2011 - 09:12 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#432 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

I just want Commodore to play next game so at least we'll see some fights. I can't handle the referees, the Wings lax defence, and the way in which we lose game. Always the most epic, of fails.

Well, unlike the other night in Minnesota, I thought the defense was very good tonight. The tying goal was just one of those things. Those blind hail mary wristers from the point will go in sometimes. And the less said about the winning goal, the better.

The refs dropped the ball and Harding stood on his head, but the Wings have got to find a way to beat him. Or, well, I guess not anymore. Thank god they're done with Minny for a good long while.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#433 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

i've seen Fred L'Ecuyer referee a couple dozen games at the ahl level and he was by far one of the worst and inconsistent officials i have ever seen. its no surprise this game was so poorly officiated with him involved...

Makes you wonder what exactly the people in charge of making those decisions are looking at when it comes to that
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#434 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

The refs in this game weref****** TERRIBLE!!!! These guys are an embarrassment to the league

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#435 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

yep and Kronwall has been garbage too, maybe an elbow to the face will wake him up

He has?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#436 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,570 posts

Tonight you can honestly say, Red Wings got screwed by the refs. The hit on Kronner is being called interference this year, well except tonight. 8 penalties to 3? PLUS a 5 on 3? Wings definitely got screwed tonight.

Never fear guys! In 1995-96 the Wings started the season 5-5-1 and wound up at 62-13-7.

BUT, this lack of scoring is becoming a bit concerning...5 goals in 5 games is not gonna cut it. I wouldn't be surprised if Holland makes a few phone calls just to see what's out there... Wings lose a 6th in a row, you can bet numbers will be dialed...

Edited by LeftWinger, 01 November 2011 - 09:14 PM.

Don't Be Jealous Because I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#437 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts

So more of SJ killing us... Not only did they beat us again last week but we play next team and Heatley gets winner then game after Setgo gets winner wtf f*** you sharks!!

#438 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

LOL @ all the "elbowing" posts.

Really? Please argue this.

the wings didn't play well, and took about 200 penalties that were all both legit and unnecessary?

does that help?

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#439 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

They were at the end of a long shift....

I wasn't necessarily speaking in direct reference to that shift. I'm talking about in general. The Wings have consistently looked tired and more sloppy as games progress, regardless of the score. What I want to know is why. You know how a toy sounds/acts when the batteries are winding down? That's what they look like.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#440 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

I thought this was one of his better games this season...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".