• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#541 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

I have normally been a very big proponent of the reffing in the NHL. Last night, there were missed calls and a couple that I had to question. I am sure that the refs who did the game last night will be hearing about it today.

At the same time though, while everyone wants to blame the reffing, no one wants to point out that the Wings only scored one goal. They can't get more than 1 goal against Josh Harding in 2 games? Can no one see a problem with that? For those of us who play hockey, when we get a pair of bad refs or the reffing isn't going our way, we have two choices.

1. Blame the refs and take a loss.
2. Play through it and do what it takes to win.

The Wings didn't do #1. They outshot and outplayed the Wild, even though the Wild had more PP time. They did what they could to win the game and yet lost on a deflection to tie the game and then a rebound in OT. s*** happens, but thats the way it goes. It is incredibly hard to win a game only scoring one goal.

Edited by Nightfall, 02 November 2011 - 09:13 AM.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#542 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

well you got the man part right.. ;)
but as for the abusing part..no...im just saying that Beths insults are just like Tina Turners album released in 1989...that song ..what was it..oh yeah.. "simply the best" :D :D and that it would be an absolute honour to be insulted by someone who has the knowledge, someone who will tell it like it is and not give a hoot aboot it.

maybe you two can take this to PMs? starting to get really creepy.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#543 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

yep, 1 goal ain't gonna win too many games. bottom lin.

i'm almost wondering now if D & Z haven't been separated because Babcock knows that D isn't 100%. Z is there to solidify the line more.

Datsyuk definitely is not the same player right now.

So why doesn't Babs mix up the lines accordingly? Instead of having a possibly-injured Datsyuk center the top line, why not put together a new top line with Zetterberg up there. Babcock hardly ever experiments with putting someone on Datsyuk's Wing unless it's to rotate Cleary/Holmstrom/Hudler. Why not something like Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi, something drastically different, for a second line effort? You've got grit-razzle dazzle-a player who would benefit from Datsyuk's slowing the game down.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#544 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

the red wings started the game really well. in fact the wild didnt get a shot on net until aboot the halfway mark of the 1st period. they really dominated that period.

#545 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

This team can't make the playoffs without Kris Draper being on the roster.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#546 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

This team can't make the playoffs without Kris Draper being on the roster.

I really think losing him is worse than people want to admit. He just worked his tail off game in and game out. That's the type of play we need right now.

Edited by achildr1, 02 November 2011 - 12:53 PM.

#547 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

I really think losing him is worse than people want to admit. He just worked his tail off game in and game out. That's the type of play we need right now.

right. kris draper would really help fix the scoring drought.

LOL

#548 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

right. kris draper would really help fix the scoring drought.

Someone has a reading comprehension problem. Seriously, this is what you understood from what you quoted?

Edited by Nightfall, 02 November 2011 - 01:48 PM.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#549 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

Someone has a reading comprehension problem. Seriously, this is what you understood from what you quoted?

kris draper "working his tail off" on the 4th line in place of miller, emmerton, etc wouldn't solve anything right now

the team needs to score goals. period.

LOL

#550 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

For anyone who is interested in the Kronwall/Koivu OT incident.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=379465

Kerry Fraser really breaks it down well. I still think it could have been interference, but I do understand where Fraser comes from.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#551 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

This. This has nothing to do with the refs or penalties. The fact is the wings came out flat after the first period and only scored one goal. Our defense and goaltending is legit, but we can't put any offense together and something is wrong with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Datsyuk whiffed on a shot today, when has that ever happened?

Yes it does. You don't believe 16 minutes worth of PK time has an effect on a team's ability to score goals? That's nearly an entire period where you can't get your lines going at even strength into a normal flow.

The Red Wings deserved some of those calls last night, but the consistency or lack of was laughable. The Red Wings should have started OT on a powerplay after Abdelkader got blatantly interfered with at the end of the third. This was a very poorly officiated game, which greatly hampered the Wings' chances to win.

Edited by GoWings1905, 02 November 2011 - 04:00 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#552 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

What about the Heatly interference non-call, but was followed up by Miller getting called for interference on the goalie. At that point I figured the calls weren't going to go our way.

Edited by darkmanx, 02 November 2011 - 04:53 PM.

#553 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

dont need to blame the refs for s***. wings deserved almost all the penalties a lot of dumb penalties. Wild certainly deserved a few more though.

#554 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

For anyone who is interested in the Kronwall/Koivu OT incident.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=379465

Kerry Fraser really breaks it down well. I still think it could have been interference, but I do understand where Fraser comes from.

Kerry Fraser, the spin doctor.

Basically, he is saying blah blah blah, my refs don't make mistakes, blah blah blah, deal with it blah blah blah Bertuzzi is a bully blah blah blah even though he does the exact same thing yadda yidda kibbles and bits he will always get called for the penalty zippy dippy dooby woobie besides it's the Red Wings, we give them zero breaks flip flap flonga...

Hey Fraser, Hey NHL, Hey Bettman "EAD!"

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#555 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

What Fraser and other people are wrong about is that when players make the 'counter shoulder' move, they are in possession of the puck. Yes Datsyuk and Forsberg are great examples, but this move without possession of the puck is considered an interference play...

#556 MDtizzle

MDtizzle

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

I've been lurking here for about 4 years. For some reason (Bass Ale) tonight is the night I actually post

Gimme 4 cups while watching an exciting team miss the playoffs every few years. Not this snooze fest of worsening "puck possession" by guys who can't even possess the puck in the first place. Who gives a s*** about a playoff streak that has amounted to very little?

Ok, I'm done, thanks for listening and letting me vent

Edited by MDtizzle, 02 November 2011 - 11:31 PM.