• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
P. Marlowe

John Tortorella's opinion on Joe Thornton

Rate this topic

TSN.ca

New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella was not happy with recent comments made by San Jose Sharks captain Joe Thornton, who called the Rangers "probably the softest team we played against."

(...)

"Yeah it caught me off-guard when it was brought up after the game," Tortorella said, according to the Daily News. "It surprised me, and I've never heard a player say that. Joe's a heck of a player, but here's a player popping off about our team, and Joe hasn't won a G------ thing in this league."

"He could go down as a player, being one of the better players in our league never to win anything. So what he should do is just shut up. It was uncalled for, it was classless, and I've never had it happen like that before."

Yeah, Torts :thumbup: Now that's a coach. I hope Thornton never gets his name on the Cup. I'm not sure why he's talking, the Rags beat the Sharks last night. On top of that, i didn't really see Thornton itching to fight anyone, so I'm not sure where he gets the "soft" part from. Had he really been looking to unglue his gloves from his hands, he had no excuse for not finding anyone with guys like Prust, Dubinsky, Deveaux, Boyle, and Sauer in the Rangers lineup. I hope he gets traded to the Eastern Conference somehow. Classless piece of s***.

Yeah, Torts :thumbup: Now that's a coach. I hope Thornton never gets his name on the Cup. I'm not sure why he's talking, the Rags beat the Sharks last night. On top of that, i didn't really see Thornton itching to fight anyone, so I'm not sure where he gets the "soft" part from. Had he really been looking to unglue his gloves from his hands, he had no excuse for not finding anyone with guys like Prust, Dubinsky, Deveaux, Boyle, and Sauer in the Rangers lineup. I hope he gets traded to the Eastern Conference somehow. Classless piece of s***.

He's not as classless as he is a giant ******.

Guest Shoreline

This is partially why Thornton wore out his welcome in Boston. He should probably shut the hell up until he actually wins a cup and can consistently show up for the playoffs in clutch times when his team needs him.

Edited by Shoreline

Torts is pretty much just as classless though.

thats the bigger point here IMO. while we all know joe is a ******, lets be honest here, he is 1000 more relevant in hockey than john freaking tortorella! joe thornton is one of the best players of his generation regardless of his lack of playoff success. tortorella is a coach. i could give a s*** what he has to say. he had one good year as a coach. in his other 8 years as coach, his teams have won 1 playoff series. its not as if his teams are exactly playoff beasts. i am sure joe has more playoff wins as a player than torts does as a coach. (too lazy to verify though)

thats the bigger point here IMO. while we all know joe is a ******, lets be honest is one of the best players of his generation regardless of his lack of playoff success. tortorella is a coach. i could give a s*** what he has to say. he had one good year as a coach. in his other 8 years as coach, his teams have won 1 playoff series. its not as if his teams are exactly playoff beasts. i am sure joe has more playoff wins as a player than torts does as a coach. (too lazy to verify though)

Guest Shoreline

thats the bigger point here IMO. while we all know joe is a ******, lets be honest here, he is 1000 more relevant in hockey than john freaking tortorella! joe thornton is one of the best players of his generation regardless of his lack of playoff success. tortorella is a coach. i could give a s*** what he has to say. he had one good year as a coach. in his other 8 years as coach, his teams have won 1 playoff series. its not as if his teams are exactly playoff beasts. i am sure joe has more playoff wins as a player than torts does as a coach. (too lazy to verify though)

All that spinning though can't award loudmouth Joe the Cup, and that's the one thing Torts has which Joe doesn't. So no matter what, Torts has bragging rights. You guys are right though about both being bigmouths -- certainly not in defense of Torts at all.

At the end of the day Tortorella has his name on the Stanley Cup and Joe does not. The only thing I have seen Joe win is an Olympic Gold that Canada would have won regardless if he was there or not.

Edited by superstarsingh

last i checked kids dream of raising the cup as a player not a coach. sure torts has his name on the cup, but so does harry boyd who was a scout for the islanders in the 80s... does that make him also more credible in the hockey world than a guy with 1000 points?

Torts is pretty much just as classless though.

Which is why it is acceptable for him to say what he did in public. Sometimes things do need to be said, just as in this case, but it should come from someone who isnt really losing any face.

I hate everything about San Jose.

Yep. I really dispise them. The players (Couture, Thornton, Marleau, Niemi), they jerseys (absolutely atrocious), how awfully unclutch and pampered by the refs they are, but mostly because they've beat us the last two years and there's no good reason for it.