• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Lokomotiv Wristbands

Rate this topic

Hey everyone!

First of, two sorries:

- First, sorry, this is my first time on since about June :( I've been busy looking for a job and with the off-season, had little time to visit (I feel so ashamed!)

- Second, I did look to see if this had been covered before and it appears not, so sorry if I've missed it and made extra work for someone/wasted their time.

OK! Here goes. I've just got home from my FIRST EVER trip to the wonderful United States of America, after visiting my girlfriend's grandparents in Tampa. Whilst there I got to take in my FIRST EVER NHL game (lots of firsts here!), when I went to see the Lightning host the Panthers (good game, home-opener, wore my Wings jersey to support Stevie, got away with it as my girlfriend is a Lightning fan - FEW!).

Anyway to cut a long story short, whilst there, a silent auction was held during both intermissions selling signed merchandise, pictures, etc, with all the proceeds going to help the families of the players lost in the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane distaster. Whilst me and my girlfriend couldn't afford to bid for anything, we both bought a wristband which I've taken a picture of. It was a nice thing for these people to do, and nice for the Lightning to endorse it, but I was wondering if anything similar had happened at the Joe?

gallery_11437_34_3754.jpg

It's a nice band, simple enough, enscribed with "Love for Lokomotiv". If not for the charity aspect, it's nice for me to remember the people that I watched so many times and remember fondly.

The players wives were selling Love For Locomotive Bracelets with Detroit Red Wings on the other side. They were also having a silent auction for autographed memorabilia as well, not sure if that was for the same cause, though.

I think all teams are selling them at the game. I bought 2 at the Predators game Saturday. I really want the beaded one the website is selling, but I'll have to save my pennies for that one!

Glad you had a nice trip! And welcome back to these parts!

I think all teams are selling them at the game. I bought 2 at the Predators game Saturday. I really want the beaded one the website is selling, but I'll have to save my pennies for that one!

Glad you had a nice trip! And welcome back to these parts!

Which website is selling them?

Does anyone if know if they will still be selling them at the Wings games? I think I have tickets for November 12 or 17.

Edit: found it http://www.loveforlokomotiv.com/donate.html

Edited by rbkhockey43