• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:09 AM

I voted Other. Somehow, this is all the fault of Gary Bettman, the Vatican, and the alien lizard men that David Icke says are secretly running the world. Also, I'm sure I saw silent black helicopters over the Joe last time I was there, and also this was predicted by the book of Revelation and the Mayan calendar. Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#22 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

I blame this bad season on the trolls of LGW.

#23 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:23 AM

I blame Nick Lidstrom. If Howard is to blame for one loss for having one son, Lidstrom must be to blame for the other four.
Posted Image

#24 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

I blame it on Tupac. It's his fault for kicking the wings out of the Illuminati.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#25 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:38 AM

Blame Canada.

#26 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

Right. Because sarcastic threads like this one are so much better than the reactionary ones after a loss.

The difference is that people making the reactionary threads are at least making a serious attempt to talk about the team, even if the ideas are extreme.

This thread is just trolling.

A- I'm just trying to shed light on how ridiculous people act and have a little fun with it.
B- I'm just as bummed out and frustrated as the next person about this team right now. That Sharks game ruined my night, I assure you.
C- The problem is, headhunting and the sky is falling threads isn't being serious, it's reactive BS. If people weren't allowed to post until 2 hours after a loss, things would be a lot different around here.
D- I've been reading this forum for around 8 years, signed up a few years back and finally got comfortable posting this season. Getting called a "troll" for trying to break up the misery around here lately is the reason why I'm sure most people will never post.

It's 10 games into a loooong season. We've seen two streaks go from one extreme to the other... if this team is still hovering at. 500 in a month, then we can go on suicide watch.

#27 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

Upon further review, I also blame the Lions and Tigers for having winning seasons and using up all of the "win" in the metro area.

#28 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

Right. Because sarcastic threads like this one are so much better than the reactionary ones after a loss.

The difference is that people making the reactionary threads are at least making a serious attempt to talk about the team, even if the ideas are extreme.

Lighten up. The Wings suck right now, we need some levity around here. Not everything has to be "ZOMG SUPER SERIOUS!!11!" all the damn time.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#29 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

Joke? Good one, I like the thread dedicated to all the jumpers...but to all the ones who seriously think this is over, again 1995-96 Wings started out 5-5-1. Finished the season 62-13-7.

If they go 5-6 or worse, then Holland will attend to the issues...

Edited by LeftWinger, 02 November 2011 - 08:30 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#30 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

Joke? Good one, I like the thread dedicated to all the jumpers...but to all the ones who seriously think this is over, again 1995-96 Wings started out 5-5-1. Finished the season 62-13-7.

The 1995-96 Red Wings also lost in 6 games to the Avalanche in the Western Conference Finals.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#31 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

The 1995-96 Red Wings also lost in 6 games to the Avalanche in the Western Conference Finals.

They also made it to the Western Conference Finals. :hehe:

Posted Image

#32 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

This coming from the same person who said that people should be ok to say what they feel without the "thought police" saying anything.

Didn't I just point out in another thread that people with extreme opinions or people totally of the mark should be pointed out? Yet, you defended them then. Now, this thread pops up and you are all over the OP.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#33 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

I remember watching that first game of the season vs the Avs. Bummer loss, kinda hated them from the get go :D then we blew out either Edmonton or Winnipeg a couple games later, can't remember but yeah we didn't start the season off 5-0 then losing 5 straight. It was a back and forth tilt to start the 95-96 season. :P That season was funny with us blowing out Montreal 11-1 then them trading Roy to the Avs and what not happening in the playoffs to Draper. Bad memories lol

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 02 November 2011 - 08:59 AM.

#34 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

I'm blaming it on a Stanley Cup Hangover...from 2008. :P

#35 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

blame Kim Kardashian.
that snobby spoiled rich ***** was in the heads of all the players last night. no wonder they lost. i knew that marriage was gonna fail right from the get go

lol someone could have some fun with this.. :D:D

Attached Files

#36 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

Cant win the Cup every year....I would take the guaranteed WCF right now with the way they're playing today....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#37 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

Lighten up. The Wings suck right now, we need some levity around here. Not everything has to be "ZOMG SUPER SERIOUS!!11!" all the damn time.

I'm just so thankful I have so many people here to constantly tell me how I should behave. It makes life so much simpler.

A- I'm just trying to shed light on how ridiculous people act and have a little fun with it.
B- I'm just as bummed out and frustrated as the next person about this team right now. That Sharks game ruined my night, I assure you.
C- The problem is, headhunting and the sky is falling threads isn't being serious, it's reactive BS. If people weren't allowed to post until 2 hours after a loss, things would be a lot different around here.
D- I've been reading this forum for around 8 years, signed up a few years back and finally got comfortable posting this season. Getting called a "troll" for trying to break up the misery around here lately is the reason why I'm sure most people will never post.

It's 10 games into a loooong season. We've seen two streaks go from one extreme to the other... if this team is still hovering at. 500 in a month, then we can go on suicide watch.

I see your point on A and B. With all the b.s. from Crymson and a few others here lately, I probably unfairly lumped you in with them.

#38 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

I'm just so thankful I have so many people here to constantly tell me how I should behave. It makes life so much simpler.

I see your point on A and B. With all the b.s. from Crymson and a few others here lately, I probably unfairly lumped you in with them.

Go to your room.

Posted Image

#39 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

And you don't think you're doing the same thing? This thread is meant to be lighthearted, to bring a little gaiety to this place right now. You can't see that for what it is? Sometimes a little well-intentioned humor is a good thing, and it doesn't detract from actual discussion here, either.

Seriously. You're constantly accusing people here of being the "thought police", and then you go around doing the same gottverdamnt thing.

#40 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

haha, this would be a perfect onion article.
Posted Image