• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Dominik Hasek thinking NHL Comeback?

Rate this topic

Hasek's presence gives a boost to any team he's on, IMO.

definition of a true professional/team player

why did he ever retire in the first place? he was still so good. lids and him couldve both played for the wings till 47. i wouldnt have a problem with it.

Isn't he like 80 now. No chance in hell I'd want him back on this team. He was my favorite Non-Wings Goalie for years while he was in the NHL but he OLD and should stay retired. How many comebacks does he need to make. Let it go Dom you're done. You've got 2 Cups and a million Vezina's stick to you Old Man Beer League Play.

Hasek could easily out-play 80% (conservatively) of the active goalies in the NHL, today. He will never be anyone's back up, you can count on that.

Hasek never believes he will lose, and is surprised when it happens. After the game, he would take responsibility for his play, say he will do better, and then he would go out and DO it.

I miss that. I watched the Wings chasing the puck in front of Howie last game, letting the Wild skate in with the puck, and I could hear Dom, screaming at the top of his lungs. He would have taken their heads off in the locker room between periods for sucking in front of him. That's what we need. He's what we need, or someone just like him, as if that's possible. Jimmy appeared pretty fed up... perhaps he should channel his inner-Dom. :P

He won't be back, so save the disparaging comments. When Dom left he said, "I am done with the NHL, but not the business of hockey." Apparently he meant that.

Guest Shoreline

I don't think he's coming back but sufficed to say the guy's in impeccable shape.

You guys remember the Hasek that played in the 2008 playoffs? He couldn't stop a beach ball against Nashville.

http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/story?storyId=3433498&wjb

Holland didn't try to persuade Hasek to return for another season.

"There was nothing to discuss," Holland said. "Dom was completely at peace with the decision that he had made."

He goes away, he comes back, he goes away, he comes back, etc. . .

Good luck on the comeback, but please not with this organization.

Hasek was possibly the greatest. Definitely my favorite goalie ever. So glad we had a chance to enjoy him in a Wing sweater.

But then he too got old. How many times his last season did we groan after he let in a softie right at the beginning of the period?

TIme waits for no man, and contrary to what we'd like to think, it hasn't waited for Dominik Hasek, either. Enjoy the memories.

I kind of hope he does. He struggled in his last turn here, and it's logical to think he'd be worse now, but he puts up respectable numbers in Europe. I'm sure that could translate into some success as a backup.

At any rate, he'd be cheap and I'd take him back in a heart-beat just for old time's sake. Got nothing but love for the Dominator.

Edited by VM1138

Nowhere in that article it says that he tries to make a comeback in the NHL.

Yes, he was shaky in the 2008 playoffs but he also won the Jennings trophy that season with Osgood. Some here say that he's too old now to return but who has seen him play lately?

Nowhere in that article it says that he tries to make a comeback in the NHL.

Yes, he was shaky in the 2008 playoffs but he also won the Jennings trophy that season with Osgood. Some here say that he's too old now to return but who has seen him play lately?

Generally, and I'm speaking only in general terms here, even the best goaltenders are a much better risk before they turn 46 and have announced their retirement from the NHL twice (2002, 2008).

Hasek could easily out-play 80% (conservatively) of the active goalies in the NHL, today. He will never be anyone's back up, you can count on that.

Hasek never believes he will lose, and is surprised when it happens. After the game, he would take responsibility for his play, say he will do better, and then he would go out and DO it.

I miss that. I watched the Wings chasing the puck in front of Howie last game, letting the Wild skate in with the puck, and I could hear Dom, screaming at the top of his lungs. He would have taken their heads off in the locker room between periods for sucking in front of him. That's what we need. He's what we need, or someone just like him, as if that's possible. Jimmy appeared pretty fed up... perhaps he should channel his inner-Dom. :P

He won't be back, so save the disparaging comments. When Dom left he said, "I am done with the NHL, but not the business of hockey." Apparently he meant that.

I know you're a huge fan, but there's no way that first statement is true. Top 80% in the NHL or so is one of the 6 or 7 best goalies in the league. There's absolutely no way Hasek at his age would be in that category. Rinne, Lundqvist, Vokoun, Thomas, Miller, Luongo, Niemi and Price are definitely far superior right now. Not to mention, you could debate an entire second tier of goalies like Quick, Hiller, Ward, Crawford and Howard among others.

Good for Dom for staying competitive, but we should also all remember he was sitting on the bench tracking faceoffs the last time he appeared in the NHL.