• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

I like Dom and I really wanted him here in 2007. He was considered over the hill then and its 4 years later. Great guy, hall of famer all the way, loved seeing him add to his legacy in a Wings uniform, but he's done.

#22 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

Hasek could easily out-play 80% (conservatively) of the active goalies in the NHL, today. He will never be anyone's back up, you can count on that.

Hasek never believes he will lose, and is surprised when it happens. After the game, he would take responsibility for his play, say he will do better, and then he would go out and DO it.

I miss that. I watched the Wings chasing the puck in front of Howie last game, letting the Wild skate in with the puck, and I could hear Dom, screaming at the top of his lungs. He would have taken their heads off in the locker room between periods for sucking in front of him. That's what we need. He's what we need, or someone just like him, as if that's possible. Jimmy appeared pretty fed up... perhaps he should channel his inner-Dom. :P

He won't be back, so save the disparaging comments. When Dom left he said, "I am done with the NHL, but not the business of hockey." Apparently he meant that.

I know you're a huge fan, but there's no way that first statement is true. Top 80% in the NHL or so is one of the 6 or 7 best goalies in the league. There's absolutely no way Hasek at his age would be in that category. Rinne, Lundqvist, Vokoun, Thomas, Miller, Luongo, Niemi and Price are definitely far superior right now. Not to mention, you could debate an entire second tier of goalies like Quick, Hiller, Ward, Crawford and Howard among others.

Good for Dom for staying competitive, but we should also all remember he was sitting on the bench tracking faceoffs the last time he appeared in the NHL.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#23 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

I'm just upset that I never got to see him in action in person... :angry: But in my opinion he is easily the greatest goalie that ever played, and easily my favorite. Never mind the fact I used to play like he did either. :P
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#24 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Never mind the fact I used to play like he did either. :P

how old are you?

GRD kenny!
Posted Image

#25 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

I'm 25 and I was much more flexible in years past.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game