43 replies to this topic

#1 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

Per Khan and Mlive

DETROIT -- Defenseman Mike Commodore will make his Detroit Red Wings debut tonight against the Calgary Flames at Joe Louis Arena (7:30, Fox Sports Net Detroit).

Commodore has been out since Sept. 28, when he sprained his MCL in a preseason game at Chicago.

The Red Wings signed the 6-foot-4, 227-pound Commodore to a one-year deal on July 1, looking for a big, physical presence on their blue line. He will be paired with Jonathan Ericsson tonight, as Jakub Kindl is a healthy scratch.

"I'm going to try to keep it simple, be strong defensively and move the puck,'' Commodore said. "I'm not going to try to do too much. That's when I get into trouble. I just want to keep it simple, have a strong game and have fun.''

Hopefully someone mentions Stuart's injury last year to Commodore, and Commodore takes some retribution.

#2 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

Per Khan and Mlive

Hopefully someone mentions Stuart's injury last year to Commodore, and Commodore takes some retribution.

If he did, he'd be an instant favorite.

#3 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

Ok, I am excited to see what kind of game Commie brings tonight! I know he is not a saviour for this slump, but a change on D right now could spark something. I am little disappointed to see Nyquist is not in (according to mLive) tonight, I feel he really didn't get a good look the other night because of the refs...er,I mean all the penalty's they took ( :ninja: .) Plus I cannot say how much I dislike Hudler being back in, but Emmerton is due in and with Eaves out, I guess someone has to play if Nyquist isn't. I sure hope SOMEONE finds their scoring touch tonight, please someone find their scoring tonight...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#4 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

Oh good, more boneheaded penalty's waiting to happen.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,826 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

Maybe Stuart should take retribution.

Isn't he 6'2 and from Western Canada?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

Ok, I am excited to see what kind of game Commie brings tonight! I know he is not a saviour for this slump, but a change on D right now could spark something. I am little disappointed to see Nyquist is not in (according to mLive) tonight, I feel he really didn't get a good look the other night because of the refs...er,I mean all the penalty's they took ( :ninja: .) Plus I cannot say how much I dislike Hudler being back in, but Emmerton is due in and with Eaves out, I guess someone has to play if Nyquist isn't. I sure hope SOMEONE finds their scoring touch tonight, please someone find their scoring tonight...

Nyquist is back in Grand Rapids.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#7 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

Nyquist is back in Grand Rapids.

Strange that they are going with a 22 man roster...oh well, could one hope for a top 3'er coming in? :ninja:

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#8 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Strange that they are going with a 22 man roster...oh well, could one hope for a top 3'er coming in? :ninja:

Unlikely this early in the season. No one's going to want to give up one of their top players when they're not out of the playoff hunt.

I thought their excuse for sending Nyquist down was weak, too. They would rather have him up when things were going good and not have him exposed to the slump. Then why call him up to begin with?

And all I hope to see from Commodore is some life. Calgary likes to take liberties, if Commodore can hit a few guys hard maybe he can set the tone.

Edited by VM1138, 03 November 2011 - 11:40 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#9 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

Posted Image

I'm excited to see him play. Can't wait.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#10 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

Thats what I was thinking, hse actually been in a few fights in his career as well. I'm expecting him to at least take some runs at Kostopolous even if they dont fight.

And its usually the custom that the first game especially at home that a tough player plays in, that he fights to endear himself to the home crowd.

Watch for Commodore and Jackman to meet up tonight if I had to guess, especially if the wings come out flat he wont think twice.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#11 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

Oh good, more boneheaded penalty's waiting to happen.

negged for confusing plural vs. possessive

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#12 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

It should be Stuart or Ericsson out, not Kindl.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#13 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

I agree. Kindl to me has looked fairly well. and certainly better then stu or e-rock to me.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#14 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

Good Commie is getting some action, I met him at training camp and he's actually a real nice guy, and quite massive. Too bad defense isn't our problem, or I'd be more excited about this "move".
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#15 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

I agree. Kindl to me has looked fairly well. and certainly better then stu or e-rock to me.

Yeah stuart has been terrible, and he hasn't played physical, he should be benched.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#16 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

My only concern is that Kostopoulos would only put Stewie back on IR for the next 2 months.

Now if Commodore dropped the gloves with Kostopoulos...

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#17 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

hopefully commies physical presence can spark this team.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#18 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

I agree. Sitting Kindl over Ericsson is ridiculous.

#19 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

I wish he chose #64, and not #22. <_<

Oh well! Hope he has a solid game tonight and uses his physical presence in a good way, no stupid penalties!

Posted Image

#20 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

Yeah stuart has been terrible, and he hasn't played physical, he should be benched.

Maybe Babcock recognizes this and thats why hes going to let him have the opportunity to knock Kostopolous into next week. That should wake Stuart up. He did go for a huge hit against Minnesota though that barely missed, it was looking like his hit on Anisimov

My only concern is that Kostopoulos would only put Stewie back on IR for the next 2 months.

Now if Commodore dropped the gloves with Kostopoulos...

Tommy K is the NHLs punching bag, Stuart wouldnt get knocked onto the IR by him.

Commodore would probably murder him, I think we're likely to see Jackman and Commie meet up at some point tonight. Commie will be out there to make a statement, noones going to be going near Jimmy tonight.

Also isnt it weird that the wings for the first itme in a hwile have probably the otughest player out of both teams dressed on their side for once?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24