• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WorkingOvertime

Commodore to play tonight

Rate this topic

Per Khan and Mlive

DETROIT -- Defenseman Mike Commodore will make his Detroit Red Wings debut tonight against the Calgary Flames at Joe Louis Arena (7:30, Fox Sports Net Detroit).

Commodore has been out since Sept. 28, when he sprained his MCL in a preseason game at Chicago.

The Red Wings signed the 6-foot-4, 227-pound Commodore to a one-year deal on July 1, looking for a big, physical presence on their blue line. He will be paired with Jonathan Ericsson tonight, as Jakub Kindl is a healthy scratch.

"I'm going to try to keep it simple, be strong defensively and move the puck,'' Commodore said. "I'm not going to try to do too much. That's when I get into trouble. I just want to keep it simple, have a strong game and have fun.''

Hopefully someone mentions Stuart's injury last year to Commodore, and Commodore takes some retribution.

Ok, I am excited to see what kind of game Commie brings tonight! I know he is not a saviour for this slump, but a change on D right now could spark something. I am little disappointed to see Nyquist is not in (according to mLive) tonight, I feel he really didn't get a good look the other night because of the refs...er,I mean all the penalty's they took ( :ninja: .) Plus I cannot say how much I dislike Hudler being back in, but Emmerton is due in and with Eaves out, I guess someone has to play if Nyquist isn't. I sure hope SOMEONE finds their scoring touch tonight, please someone find their scoring tonight...

Ok, I am excited to see what kind of game Commie brings tonight! I know he is not a saviour for this slump, but a change on D right now could spark something. I am little disappointed to see Nyquist is not in (according to mLive) tonight, I feel he really didn't get a good look the other night because of the refs...er,I mean all the penalty's they took ( :ninja: .) Plus I cannot say how much I dislike Hudler being back in, but Emmerton is due in and with Eaves out, I guess someone has to play if Nyquist isn't. I sure hope SOMEONE finds their scoring touch tonight, please someone find their scoring tonight...

Nyquist is back in Grand Rapids.

Strange that they are going with a 22 man roster...oh well, could one hope for a top 3'er coming in? :ninja:

Unlikely this early in the season. No one's going to want to give up one of their top players when they're not out of the playoff hunt.

I thought their excuse for sending Nyquist down was weak, too. They would rather have him up when things were going good and not have him exposed to the slump. Then why call him up to begin with?

And all I hope to see from Commodore is some life. Calgary likes to take liberties, if Commodore can hit a few guys hard maybe he can set the tone.

Edited by VM1138

Maybe Stuart should take retribution.

Isn't he 6'2 and from Western Canada?

Thats what I was thinking, hse actually been in a few fights in his career as well. I'm expecting him to at least take some runs at Kostopolous even if they dont fight.

And its usually the custom that the first game especially at home that a tough player plays in, that he fights to endear himself to the home crowd.

Watch for Commodore and Jackman to meet up tonight if I had to guess, especially if the wings come out flat he wont think twice.

Yeah stuart has been terrible, and he hasn't played physical, he should be benched.

Maybe Babcock recognizes this and thats why hes going to let him have the opportunity to knock Kostopolous into next week. That should wake Stuart up. He did go for a huge hit against Minnesota though that barely missed, it was looking like his hit on Anisimov

My only concern is that Kostopoulos would only put Stewie back on IR for the next 2 months.

Now if Commodore dropped the gloves with Kostopoulos...

Tommy K is the NHLs punching bag, Stuart wouldnt get knocked onto the IR by him.

Commodore would probably murder him, I think we're likely to see Jackman and Commie meet up at some point tonight. Commie will be out there to make a statement, noones going to be going near Jimmy tonight.

Also isnt it weird that the wings for the first itme in a hwile have probably the otughest player out of both teams dressed on their side for once?

Also isnt it weird that the wings for the first itme in a hwile have probably the otughest player out of both teams dressed on their side for once?

Probably not since Babcock dressed Downey. Although Jackman is not to be taken lightly, he is just as tough if not tougher than Commie.

Great to see none the less.

i just watched that video again.

abbie should have done something about that. he was on the ice at the time.

:ranting:

Negged for you not making any sense, like the rest of your posts on this site.

doesn't it make sense that if a person hits a certain amount of negatives they're automatically banned?

some people just get off on whatever attention they get, and it's very easy to get negative attention.

Kindl has played much better than Ericsson. I've been pleasantly surprised so far by his outlet passes and pinching decisions. Oh well...I suppose it's too embarrassing to sit a $3M+ defenseman. <_<

Looking forward to see what Commodore can do though.