• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/3 GDT: Flames 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I picked the wrong year to go see them before the Thanksgiving day game. At least I have nothing better to do than to go watch an AHL hockey team get embarrassed.

Go watch the Griffins sometime.....thats also depressing.

Did you say Franzen is a bottom sixer?

He isn't the only one who isn't producing, folks.

Yes...but by no means am I saying he is the only problem, I was just saying that Franzen is not a top 6 forward. But yes, this entire team is playing in mud right now. Cannot trade the entire team, so you just got to see if they can turn it around...and soon.

This is unwatchable hockey. Awful shot selection. Poor effort. Stupid mistakes that ALWAYS end up in our net. Teams like the Flames and Wild get the lead and play the trap which just compounds the problem.

I was keeping cool for as long as possible, now I honestly believe something is horribly wrong. A team with this personnel should not be playing like this. Slump, bad bounces, soft calls, its all that. But something else is wrong...

I've watched the Wings for a LONG time, and it always feels like they snap out of it. The way they are playing right now, I'm not so sure anymore.

PS: BENCH BERTUZZI, PUT KINDL BACK IN, LEAVE HUDLER ON THE THIRD LINE, AND BENCH BERTUZZI

Go watch the Griffins sometime.....thats also depressing.

I used to have season tickets to the Ice Hogs when I lived near Rockford. Always a great team to watch. Too bad the Griffins suck not that it is all that uprising considering the prospects cannot even make Wings squad when they cannot figure out how to score more than 1 goal a game.

I used to have season tickets to the Ice Hogs when I lived near Rockford. Always a great team to watch. Too bad the Griffins suck not that it is all that uprising considering the prospects cannot even make Wings squad when they cannot figure out how to score more than 1 goal a game.

I used to have season tickets to the Griffins for the last three years. The last two years it was unwatchable hockey. I got Gamecenter live this year instead.

Wow.

Starting to wonder how long it'll be before they make a trade just to mix things up and send a message. What's nuts to me isn't so much that we're losing so much as that these games are all close and they're not playing that poorly. It's not as if there's this huge mess, but something isn't clicking. Given that we really don't have countless holes due to injuries like we did in the past when we'd have these losing streaks, you've got to wonder what's going on out there and in their heads. They look lost.

And again, the whole situation is just bizarre; it's too mundane to panic, yet there's blatantly something missing from this team. I don't know if it's chemistry or confidence or what, but they really need to turn it around fast. I don't buy the whole concern about being in playoff position in November or December even, but if they don't get it together fast and get a streak going in the other direction, we're going to have absolutely no wiggle room when our late-winter injury spell inevitably creeps up. I'd rather not be up against the wall with the team as is let alone a bunch of AHL fill ins.

Big difference between showing some emotion and getting pissed off with the wings

No, there isn't. If you're not furious with this team right now, then I question whether or not you're a "real fan". Just because you think it's hip to call yourself a fan and watch wings games doesn't make you a fan. Saying "Bummer, oh well, on to the next one!" when they're 5-5-1 is the mark of someone who doesn't give a s***. Real fans give a s***.

we have no tradeable players right now. that ain't gonna happen. plus holland has no balls anyway.

i'm not gonna say this is all datsyuk's fault but it is.

his level of play and creativity could be masking these losses with a goal here or there. without him at his normal top level of play this team is s***. he needs to be better.

he's either injured or just ******* hates babcock.

it is quite true about missing the playoffs.

we're in a real tough conference and wasting extremely valuable points on home ice against s*** ******* teams.

this could quite seriously come back to bite us in the ass.

last year we rode a hot start and played 500 the rest of the way to get in the playoffs.

they need to pick it up and do it fast.

No, there isn't. If you're not furious with this team right now, then I question whether or not you're a "real fan". Just because you think it's hip to call yourself a fan and watch wings games doesn't make you a fan. Saying "Bummer, oh well, on to the next one!" when they're 5-5-1 is the mark of someone who doesn't give a s***. Real fans give a s***.

I can understand getting pissed while the game is going on. Hell, I was fuming. Whats the point of staying pissed off after the game is over? Let me give you a hint, there is nothing you can do with all that pent up frustration and anger after the game is over. Being pissed off all the time while not offering any intelligent thoughts or opinions other than "f*** this team" offer nothing in terms of intelligent hockey conversation. Offer some suggestions as to how they can get better. Would you propose a trade? Would you propose bringing up Nyquist again?

Wow.

Starting to wonder how long it'll be before they make a trade just to mix things up and send a message. What's nuts to me isn't so much that we're losing so much as that these games are all close and they're not playing that poorly. It's not as if there's this huge mess, but something isn't clicking. Given that we really don't have countless holes due to injuries like we did in the past when we'd have these losing streaks, you've got to wonder what's going on out there and in their heads. They look lost.

And again, the whole situation is just bizarre; it's too mundane to panic, yet there's blatantly something missing from this team. I don't know if it's chemistry or confidence or what, but they really need to turn it around fast. I don't buy the whole concern about being in playoff position in November or December even, but if they don't get it together fast and get a streak going in the other direction, we're going to have absolutely no wiggle room when our late-winter injury spell inevitably creeps up. I'd rather not be up against the wall with the team as is let alone a bunch of AHL fill ins.

31034-13.jpg

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

well that was painful to watch.

commodore didnt score tonight..but ah well..im gonna play commodore 64 anyway

they got the duckies on saturday. lets hope they bring it

@Electrophile agreed :clap:

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24