• Please log in to reply
499 replies to this topic

#481 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

I hate myself for even considering this, because I know Franzen will be clutch again in the playoffs...but I kind of wonder what a Franzen/Hudler or Franzen/Filppula trade would get us.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#482 DRWfan

DRWfan

Right Wing

• 25 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

I have not seen the game, but I am sure Howi did a marvelous job again. One goal on 5 shots in first period, goal on 5 shots in second. Such a performance should definitely help the team to gain some confidence, especially come playoff time... Kiprusoff was just a little bit better, but everybody got used to this. We need to trade all forwards and keep Howi. He is the only bright spot... Not to mention that you cannot expect a shutout from a goaltender every game! He should feel great about himself. I hope we will never get a goalie better than what we have... I wish we would get a stud defenseman who would block all shots, and a couple of forwards who would never attack but stay in defense to make sure Howi will not need to save the team from a breakaway… Cheers!

Edited by DRWfan, 03 November 2011 - 11:16 PM.

#483 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

True, but I always believed Hossa was the right choice long-term for the Red Wings. The bitterness of the 2009 playoffs doesn't change he's a far better player than Franzen.

Franzen had three more goals last year than Hossa and two less points. Hossa has a tendency to be invisible, too.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#484 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

Franzen had three more goals last year than Hossa and two less points. Hossa has a tendency to be invisible, too.

Franzen played 11 more games too. Franzen doesn't have invisible stretches? He's practically useless when he isn't scoring in major bunches.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#485 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

Like when it mattered most for the Wings.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#486 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

we don't even want Franzen so I doubt some other team will.

YOU don't want Franzen.

Hossa scored his 6th goal tonight. That looks like a poorer decision more every day.

Whiiiine.

#487 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

YOU don't want Franzen.

Whiiiine.

As always, you add so much to any discussion.

And yes, I'm the one person here that is frustrated with Franzen.

#488 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

Hossa scored his 6th goal tonight. That looks like a poorer decision more every day.

If only Franzen had Patrick Kane feeding him no-look passes to open nets. Then he could have a whopping two more goals too.

Posted Image

#489 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

If only Franzen had Patrick Kane feeding him no-look passes to open nets. Then he could have a whopping two more goals too.

That's fine. It doesn't change Franzen not having a shot on goal tonight or a goal in six games.

#490 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

That's fine. It doesn't change Franzen not having a shot on goal tonight or a goal in six games.

And? Him and the rest of Detroit's offense are having trouble scoring goals.

The funny thing is he hasn't scored a goal in six but has been leading the team in scoring pretty much all season regardless. What does that say about our top players?

Posted Image

#491 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:34 AM

YOU don't want Franzen.

Whiiiine.

Trollllll.

Can we trade Crymson and a bag of pucks to get mindfly back? He at least talked hockey most of the time, even it was all negative.

#492 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:21 AM

Trollllll.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

#493 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,271 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:03 AM

Well, at least we are still @ .500 average...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#494 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

Trollllll.

Can we trade Crymson and a bag of pucks to get mindfly back? He at least talked hockey most of the time, even it was all negative.

I don't want mindfly back here. He's someone else's headache now. Let him stay that way.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#495 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

i mentioned this in another topic but it just seemed like i was watching a peewee game out there last night. with all the lazy passes which led to lots of turnovers. and the bad communication too. just it was a clusterf*** oot there. well all i have to say is they better bring their A game against the Duckies :ph34r:

#496 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

i mentioned this in another topic but it just seemed like i was watching a peewee game out there last night. with all the lazy passes which led to lots of turnovers. and the bad communication too. just it was a clusterf*** oot there. well all i have to say is they better bring their A game against the Duckies :ph34r:

Whatever.

You weren't even watching the game. You were posting the whole time in the chat. :hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#497 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

Whatever.

You weren't even watching the game. You were posting the whole time in the chat. :hehe:

hahaha well i can do two things at once ya know. i keep wanting to say the wings need an enforcer. maybe mike tyson, or evander hollyfield. hell maybe even brock lesner. :ph34r:

#498 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

I don't want mindfly back here. He's someone else's headache now. Let him stay that way.

yeah. I was still ticked about the loss and had had a few drinks. :P

getting mindfly back is a horrible idea. he's definitely not making friends over at hfboards...

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

Seems spot on to me. But now we should probably get back on topic...

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 04 November 2011 - 10:37 AM.

#499 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Franzen has looked terrible out there as of late but so has just about everyone except maybe Helm and Lidstrom. So at this point I am not even most frustrated with Mule. That would probably go to Bert and Hank. For obvious reasons. I agree, a players only meeting could be in order. Show some pride.

#500 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

Franzen has looked terrible out there as of late but so has just about everyone except maybe Helm and Lidstrom. So at this point I am not even most frustrated with Mule. That would probably go to Bert and Hank. For obvious reasons. I agree, a players only meeting could be in order. Show some pride.

Or better yet, have a player only meeting, and make Franzen sit outside the door.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.