• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hockey23

Pekka Rinne signs 7yr/$49M contract with Nashville

Rate this topic

Weber is going to be gone by years end. He is a going to be the guy everyone is talking about on July 1st. I guess it's just my feeling after the arbitration award with him, a future in Nashville doesn't seem likely, after this year. imo.

Weber is going to be gone by years end. He is a going to be the guy everyone is talking about on July 1st. I guess it's just my feeling after the arbitration award with him, a future in Nashville doesn't seem likely, after this year. imo.

You think they are going to try and keep Suter before Weber? I tend to think it's going to be the other way around. I believer Weber can anchor that defense better than Suter can and that's why they'll keep Weber over Suter.

i bet they let suter go.cause they wont have enough to sign him back..unless they want suter more so then weber..and they try and get something for weber since he is a RFA. who knows. nashville is a crazy lil team. never know what they are thinking=)

You think they are going to try and keep Suter before Weber? I tend to think it's going to be the other way around. I believer Weber can anchor that defense better than Suter can and that's why they'll keep Weber over Suter.

Oh I totally believe Weber is the better of the two. I am more or less trying to read into the whole situation. I kind of feel like Weber is going to make it hard on Nashville, whether they decide to retain him with a large number. Or watch their heart and soul walk.

But after todays deal with Rinne, I wouldn't bet on any situation.

Guest stinky fish taco

actually, suter is the better defenseman.

weber is more important for the predators to keep, business-wise.

WOW!!! Looking at capgeek half their damn team needs to be re-signed. Suter, Weber, Kostitsyn, then Smith in two more years. I know Rinnie is good but that is a lot of money to have tied up in the goalie position.

Currently they have $14M in cap space so take away $4M and they have ~$10M to re-sign everyone.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Guest stinky fish taco

i'm not the only one that considers suter a better defensman than weber.

weber really struggled without him.

weber is intimidating physically and has that booming shot, so he gets noticed more.

suter is more lidstrom-like in that he plays very well, but might not stand out as much as a defenseman that plays a flashier game, especially on his own team and his own line.

weber is intimidating physically and has that booming shot, so he gets noticed more.

suter is more lidstrom-like in that he plays very well, but might not stand out as much as a defenseman that plays a flashier game, especially on his own team and his own line.

nah you are not the only one. I always thought weber was better but im with you now on suter. I would much rather have him but i wont complain if some how we get weber.

According to CapGeek, Weber is a RFA again next year? I thought we went through this and he would be a UFA this coming July. Unless there's something I'm missing, he'll be a Pred this year and next.

As for the Rinne deal, $7 mil is a lot for a goalie. They have a lot of holes while paying him just $3.4 mil. Now they'll have even less to work with to fill those holes. He's a great goalie and all, but $7 mil per year... its not like Vezina trophies have been rolling in or he's won numerous championships. He shouldn't make more than $5 mil per year.

Edited by xtrememachine1

Huge number for Rinne. Pretty surprising for a team that doesn't often spend a lot on any one player, especially him being a goalie.

Not much to be said that hasn't already been said. I'm sure lots of teams are salivating at the idea that the Preds may lose their top pairing.

This. Suter is less flashy, but an overall better DMan. +1

According to CapGeek, Weber is a RFA again next year? I thought we went through this and he would be a UFA this coming July. Unless there's something I'm missing, he'll be a Pred this year and next.

As for the Rinne deal, $7 mil is a lot for a goalie. They have a lot of holes while paying him just $3.4 mil. Now they'll have even less to work with to fill those holes. He's a great goalie and all, but $7 mil per year... its not like Vezina trophies have been rolling in or he's won numerous championships. He shouldn't make more than $5 mil per year.

Because of his age and where his birth date is on the calendar. He will not be a UFA until end of next year.