Lidstrom-Suter

Kronwall-Stuart

White-Smith

Emmerton

Nyquist

Commodore

Howard

Conklin

Honestly I see the Wings making a big splash come the trade deadline and I don't see Ericsson or Hudler still here after. They are both under performing and not worth the roster spot at this point as they do not generate offense and are defensive liabilities. Zach Parise addresses a major flaw with his speed and goal scoring instincts, and Ryan Suter makes our Defense tougher and more responsible.

Post your predictions!

There's a good chance the Wings could push for Suter, but we simply don't have enough to offer (that we're willing to part with) to get BOTH Parise and Suter. I think we'll have to chose to either address this year's most glaring need (offence) or our future need (defence). I'm willing to bet we'll be pushing for the future.

I agree that we'll try to shop Hudler, but I'm not sure what we would get. The Wings don't usually trade their own players for picks, and I highly doubt you could use Hudler as part of the deal to land Suter. I guess we can hope though.

Ericsson is staying too, given his recent contract.

To get Suter, we'd probably have to give up something like Smith, a reasonable offensive prospect and a first? I don't know, that's a guess. Some years are overpayments, some underpayments at deadline time.

Before opening up this thread I was going to make a silly comment and say the same thing! :yowza:

:) :) :)

but I do believe we'll make something along these lines. I expect Andy Sutton from Edmonton! The last time we traded for something meaningful at the trade deadline was 1999 (?) when we got Chris Chelios.

Edit: looks like I forgot Lazy Lang.

Edited by RusDRW

:) :) :)

but I do believe we'll make something along these lines. I expect Andy Sutton from Edmonton! The last time we traded for something meaningful at the trade deadline was 1999 (?) when we got Chris Chelios.

Edit: looks like I forgot Lazy Lang.

How about Stuart in 2008? I think he helped us win that year.

Indeed... that was good acquisition. So that, one good trade at the deadline for Kenny in 10 years!

We're not exactly overflowing with talented prospects or high picks that we can trade. Sure, we've got a few, but due to the limited number, we can't just keep trading them. I'm fine with waiting for the offseason to get what we need. Holland has never left us without a competitive team.

The teams selling at the deadline don't want Hudler/Ericsson/Miller/etc. They're usually looking to get decent young talent (or reasonably good draft picks).

This year might be a bit different though, as we have the cap space, and are about to become very, very desperate for defence.

Edited by Zetts

NHL Trade Deadline Predictions:

- Wings will trade for a premier top 6 forward

- Hudler will be gone

- Ericsson will be gone

- Wings will trade for a top 4 defenseman

Predicted Lineup:

Datsyuk Zetterberg Holmstrom

Parise Franzen Filppula

Bertuzzi Cleary Helm

Miller Eaves Abdelkader

Lidstrom-Suter

Kronwall-Stuart

White-Smith

Emmerton

Nyquist

Commodore

Howard

Conklin

Honestly I see the Wings making a big splash come the trade deadline and I don't see Ericsson or Hudler still here after. They are both under performing and not worth the roster spot at this point as they do not generate offense and are defensive liabilities. Zach Parise addresses a major flaw with his speed and goal scoring instincts, and Ryan Suter makes our Defense tougher and more responsible.

Post your predictions!

I like your thinking!

I wasn't going to drop names as to who gets traded but I want to see one of Suter/Weber and also want to see Parise here. Hey, it's a fantasy I know, but let me dream until deadline is over.

Way too early to predict. We have like 4 months to see how guys like Flip, Huds, Mule, Bert, Homer, & Cleary are really looking, and how the kids (Helm, Abby, Emmy, Mursak, Nyquist, Tatar, Kindl, Ericsson, Smith) are progressing. If the deadline was tomorrow, we'd look for a forward. Kindl and Ericsson are playing fine right now. But in 4 months, god knows. Injuries could be a factor as well. Also, if something doesn't change soon we may see a trade sooner.

Ericsson will not be moved. You can take that to the bank. Hudler won't either because (A) his value will be too low to trade at his current production or (B) he'll pick it up and the Wings will want him for the run.

The way things are going? The Wings will be selling guys for 1st rounders at the deadline. :ph34r:

This losing streak is hardly enough to suggest the Wings will miss the playoffs for the first time in 20+ years.

Just a little note, the last time the Wings missed the playoffs, 1989-90, in the beginning of the year the went 12 games without a win (I think just a couple of ties) and could never recover the points. Still a was to go before that happens, so lets hope they turn it around tonight! Heck they just need someone to score!

Crud, I didn't know Parise makes $6M! Might be a pretty expensive pick up...

How many people still think Jagr would've have been a bad deal? 5G 7A thus far, maybe Holland should've given him the $3.3M.

How about an out of left field prediction... Come deadline, Wings acquire Rolston and Nabokov from the Islanders and Iginla from the Flames along with Doan... Then poach Suter over the summer, re-sign Doan, and Nabokov and get Parise... Oh wait, forgot about the Salary Cap....silly me!

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest stinky fish taco

so you think they'll land suter and parise at the deadline?

seriously?

I would pretty much get a boner if Parise one way or another ends up in a Wings uniform.

Do you really think Nashville would really be willing to deal one of Weber or Suter within the division to the Wings, who they have been chasing for the last few years?

I could see them making a move only if it's an expiring contract or someone that they know they can re-sign in the off-season.

Also, I'm not attacking anyone here, by why is everyone still under the notion that the Wings are easily going to be able to move Huds or Ericsson who are deemed as garbage around here for anyone worth a s***?

Post your predictions!

Ericsson and Hudler for Parise and Suter? Well they do say it's good to set your goals high... :lol:

I would pretty much get a boner if Parise one way or another ends up in a Wings uniform.

Do you really think Nashville would really be willing to deal one of Weber or Suter within the division to the Wings, who they have been chasing for the last few years?

I could see them making a move only if it's an expiring contract or someone that they know they can re-sign in the off-season.

Also, I'm not attacking anyone here, by why is everyone still under the notion that the Wings are easily going to be able to move Huds or Ericsson who are deemed as garbage around here for anyone worth a s***?

Stop acting like they can beat us with him, we will beat them in the playoffs with or without him added to our lineup