• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

F*** YOU Player X

Rate this topic

It's gotten to the point where some of this has to fall on Nick Lidstrom's shoulders; he is the Captain, he is the leader, yet this ship looks rudderless and heartless.

There; I said it.

Meanwhile, Crosby continues to lead his team to success without even playing!

It's gotten to the point where some of this has to fall on Nick Lidstrom's shoulders; he is the Captain, he is the leader, yet this ship looks rudderless and heartless.

There; I said it.

I bet you weren't saying this his first year as captain.

Or his second year.

Or even his third year.

There; I said it.

I disagree. And not just because Nick is some hockey god (though I'm pretty certain he actually is). the same was said about Yzerman before the Cup in '97, but a captain can only do so much. Like Yzerman, Nick plays his heart out every game. This last game against the Wild he was really jumping into the play and scored the one friggin goal that game from the slot. Where some forwards should actually have been. And he called for the puck there, like one of our star forwards should have. AND he had a couple great chances jumping into the play practically as a winger. So on top of playing Norris level defense, he's also trying to jumpstart the offense and pick up some of the slack from Rafalski's absence (do people still think Raf was overpaid??).

Nick has adjusted his game to try and help out this flaccid offense. At 41 years old he's playing almost 25 minutes a game. The goal was to get his minutes down, but this team is such a s*** sandwich that he's playing more than he should.

How much more can he do? The Wings don't need an inspirational speech from Nick, most of them need to grow some friggin balls and fear for their jobs and go to the net.

And in the spirit of the thread F*ck you Franzen. the problem runs a lot deeper than you, but no 6'3" 225 lbs forward with as much talent as you have should be as friggin invisible as you've been, or registered as few SOG's.

Is your nickname Mule because you're so stubborn when it comes to doing hard work?

He still plays here?

Zetterberg will be here for the next 12 odd years. I really hope he steps it up this year, as the next in line for the C.

There; I said it.

This team is playing way too fancy, lead by the Fairy Godmother herself #93, Johan Franzen. I wouldn't say heartless, just gritless, grinderless, etc.

Lidstrom has been the best player on this team all year, by a nautical mile. You cannot call him out for how the team is performing, even if he wears the C.

F*** YOU Filppula: seriously, how many times does the coaching staff have to tell you to shoot before you actually start shooting? you may be the most frustrating player on this team because of your reluctance to use your talent. (1 shot against Calgary)

Fil was either on the 3rd line, or him and Dats had to make up for Clearing giving the puck away every damn time he has it. I cringe every time Cleary, Bert, Franzen, or Hudler touches the damn puck. That said, yes, Fil still needs to shoot more, but at least he's useful when he's not shooting, unlike those 4 shmucks.

OT:

F*** YOU DUMP AND CHASE GAME (CLEARY, KNOCK IT THE F*** OFF).

F*** MOST OF THE PEOPLE ALREADY f***ED HERE.

In all seriousness, why the f*** are we rewarding these four players after they've played like s*** this entire fricken year? It's now too far into the season to be pulling the "it's only X games into the season" bulls***.

This team has a problem, people who REALLY don't deserve it keep getting way too much fricken ice time, and people who are playing well are shafted. How many damn times do we have to give Cleary, Bert, Franzen, and Hudler chances just to see em failing miserably? I don't care how much they get paid, they're failing hardcore and until they're demoted to 3rd and 4th line, or sat entirely, they're going to continue failing because they have no sense of urgency whatsoever.

Edited by Lonewuhf

Guest Crymson

Racer_X.jpg

Did somebody say Racer X?

F*** YOU DUMP AND CHASE GAME (CLEARY, KNOCK IT THE F*** OFF).

Cleary would not be doing this if it were not part of the coaching plans.

F*** YOU BERTUZZI for floating around, completely oblivious of the other 4 skaters on the ice with you while gaining the offensive zone.

"Hey Bert, I have the puck, I'm about to gain the zone".... "Nope, I'm Todd, altering my speed or direction even slightly means I'll have to take more strides, I'll coast in first and meet you there"... Offsides

"Alright Bert, you have the puck, you're clear to gain the zone, just don't f*** it up"... "Nope, I used to be a superstar, ever see the Canucks play in the early 2000s? I show, watch Todd deke the blueline. Yeah! Never saw it coming"... Offsides

F*** YOU BERTUZZI for floating around in the neutral zone instead of playing defense.

"Umm, they're on a rush. Little help here Bert?"... "Look guys! GUYS?! GUYS! I'm circling the red line. I'm open, I'm open!"... Todd is minus one for the game.

F*** YOU BERTUZZI for generally making stupid and lazy decisions, consistently.

"Bert, open in the slot, goaltender out of position!"... "I saw Kane do this, but I'm bigger, thus, better! Check it out"... one hand on the stick, spin, no-look pass nowhere near open guy, goes to the ice, slashes/bites opposing player... skates to the penalty box completely oblivious to why he is in there (will make the same mistake when he is out in 2 minutes)

F*** YOU BABCOCK for not scratching Bertuzzi or even sitting him for shifts when he is playing like s***.

"I'm sorry coach"... "its OK, Bert. I thought we did some good things out there, things just aren't going our way, its always darkest before the dawn, things happen for a reason, keep on trucking, the sun will come out, TOMORROW!" ... repeats this to the media post-loss, goes to his office to grab some rest (on his laurels), and scratches someone else who was better or at least way less bad

I don't like Bertuzzzi, by the way. Kills tempo on every line he is on, then we wonder, why Z or Mule or Nyquist aren't playing like superstars, they are short-handed in the worst way possible. Takes stupid penalties constantly, and raises his arms everytime, and the untrained observer might think, "look he's pleading innocence" but really he is saying "Honestly, that was me, I've been BAADDD!" He likes the 2-minute rest.

f*** you Mountain Dew for only having Live Wire during the summertime :angry:

You should probably aim that at your local convenience store. I've got a buddy that lives off of that stuff year round.

Everybody just needs to calm down!! The Wings are simply getting their March/April losing streaks out of the way in October/November! We are going to go on a monster streak and all will be well soon.

I personally do not think the team has played that bad the last 3 games, simply we have not gotten breaks that we normally get! If the guys keep working at it, everything will be fine!

Just so you all know, the last time the Wings were winless in 6, we won the Stanley Cup (2008) Just sayin!!

The NHL is broken down into 10 game segments! The first ten we were 5-4-1 (11 points of a possible 20) thats a .550 win percentage (not bad, not great either)

we are now 0-1 in the next ten game segment, all will be well the next time we play Calgary which will be the 10th game in this 10 game segment! Remember the season is a sprint, not a race!!

CHILL THE F%^k OUT FOLKS!!

Lidstrom has been the best player on this team all year, by a nautical mile. You cannot call him out for how the team is performing, even if he wears the C.

As good as other players can be at times on this team, Lidstrom is always the best player on the ice. Even when he has a 'tough' game he still stands out for making good plays.

f*** you, Brian Rafalski, for retiring and apparently being irreplacable on the power play.

Everybody just needs to calm down!! The Wings are simply getting their March/April losing streaks out of the way in October/November! We are going to go on a monster streak and all will be well soon.

I personally do not think the team has played that bad the last 3 games, simply we have not gotten breaks that we normally get! If the guys keep working at it, everything will be fine!

Just so you all know, the last time the Wings were winless in 6, we won the Stanley Cup (2008) Just sayin!!

The NHL is broken down into 10 game segments! The first ten we were 5-4-1 (11 points of a possible 20) thats a .550 win percentage (not bad, not great either)

we are now 0-1 in the next ten game segment, all will be well the next time we play Calgary which will be the 10th game in this 10 game segment! Remember the season is a sprint, not a race!!

CHILL THE F%^k OUT FOLKS!!

Yeah, well f*** you for not venting at the team like the rest of us!!!!!

f*** you, Brian Rafalski, for retiring and apparently being irreplacable on the power play.

Yeah, well f*** you for not venting at the team like the rest of us!!!!!

Beyond just the power play, Rafalski was probably was probably the largest factor in the Wings puck moving defense, with Lids a close second. He may have made the occasional terrible turnover trying a stretch pass up the middle, but more often than not he was successful and kept the forecheckers backed off because the Wings could get behind them with one pass.

I know it sucks that we're winless in six, but do we really need a "f*** EVERYBODY!!!! FIRE KENNY!!! f*** YOU BABS!!!!!" thread after each game?

If it's anything like the realignment issue then yes, apparently this board does need a new thread every time. So get used to it cause at the moment it seems like we will have another thread come saturday/sunday if something doesn't change. Topic will be exactly the same, bitching will be exactly the same but it will be a new thread non the less.

<_<

F*** you fans. If the fans gave up on the team already, what do you expect the team to do?

We haven't given up, we're just pissed.

Our top guys don't shoot the puck anymore (Fil and Huds never shot anyway) and although i've liked his play so far, Ian White is NOT a top pair D-man and he shouldn't be for us.

Am I the only one who doesn't really see a huge difference in getting the puck out with Rafalski gone?

Detroit has been able to keep the shots relatively low, but the forwards have been unimaginative and useless most of the time. I think Rafalski is starting to get really overrated now that he is gone.

Am I the only one who doesn't really see a huge difference in getting the puck out with Rafalski gone?

Detroit has been able to keep the shots relatively low, but the forwards have been unimaginative and useless most of the time. I think Rafalski is starting to get really overrated now that he is gone.

I agree about the forwards, especially last night: they seemed to just skate with the puck until the lost it. There was no flow to speak of.

"This will be a good thing for us. That's what adversity is, speed bumps that allow you to get better," Babcock said. "When things go wrong, if you wilt, anyone in the world can wilt, but you're supposed to be the best of the best. Keep digging in and we'll find our way."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111104/SPORTS0103/111040421/Wings-Mike-Babcock-says-team-will-overcome--adversity-#ixzz1clMa5kuc