• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

F*** YOU Player X

Rate this topic

"This will be a good thing for us. That's what adversity is, speed bumps that allow you to get better," Babcock said. "When things go wrong, if you wilt, anyone in the world can wilt, but you're supposed to be the best of the best. Keep digging in and we'll find our way."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111104/SPORTS0103/111040421/Wings-Mike-Babcock-says-team-will-overcome--adversity-#ixzz1clMa5kuc

It's pretty sweet how Babs just completely ignores the problem and continues to do things that are ineffective.

Babs, you know I love you. How much more digging is this team supposed to do before it manages to net more than one goal a game? Anymore wilting and we'll be bent over on the pavement. I'd have rather you come out and said, "You know what? We're f**king awful right now. I know it, the team knows it, the fans know it. They deserve better."

F*** you desperation and making the best puck possession hockey team/system in the world revert to "dump and chase".

I think we carried the puck into the zone maybe 3-4 times last night?? Everything else was dump and chase. I couldn't believe it. We're not built with the overall roster size, speed, or grit to play that style. We need to be primarily carrying the puck into the zone like we have for 15 years or else we are at a huge disadvantage with the way this team is built. Ferrari on a dirt track.

"This will be a good thing for us. That's what adversity is, speed bumps that allow you to get better," Babcock said. "When things go wrong, if you wilt, anyone in the world can wilt, but you're supposed to be the best of the best. Keep digging in and we'll find our way."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111104/SPORTS0103/111040421/Wings-Mike-Babcock-says-team-will-overcome--adversity-#ixzz1clMa5kuc

There is no facepalm pic with a frustrated Capt. Picard that is frustrated enough for my reaction to this right now. The Wings have been doing nothing but wilting for two weeks now and it's gotten them 13th in the conference. They either refuse to 'keep digging in' or are unable to. And it's Mike's job to try a different approach if this message isn't working.

We haven't given up, we're just pissed.

Earn their multi-million dollar paycheques?

And nobody has given up on anything. Or at least, I haven't. I'm still pissed though.

I won't say you have, but there are plenty of people around here that have definitely given up. I'm pissed too, but it doesn't do any good to sit here and ***** about it. We're not GMs. We're not coaches. We're not players. We are fans. The only thing we have the ability to do as fans is watch and support.

I won't say you have, but there are plenty of people around here that have definitely given up. I'm pissed too, but it doesn't do any good to sit here and ***** about it. We're not GMs. We're not coaches. We're not players. We are fans. The only thing we have the ability to do as fans is watch and support.

I guess I disagree fundamentally as a fan. We definitely have the ability watch and support, which I do. But because I love hockey and the Wings, I also want to discuss what is going on, speculate on what the problems might be, potential changes that can help (even though we can't force the Wings to implement them), and sometimes just vent.

Obviously we can't play the games for them, but there's an element to fandom that is essentially hyperanalyzing all this stuff.

Or.....not watch or not support. And since this whole thing all comes down to money (ticket revenue, concession revenue, team gear revenue, tv advertising revenue, etc...), ultimately our actions as fans (a.k.a. our money) can in fact lead to the firing of a GM, Coach, or Player. If Kenny's, Babs, or any of the players actions results in less butts in seats, less jersey sales, less tv share....something will be done-and that's a fact. Without us, they don't exist. So in a sense, our bitching and resulting actions can have a very big effect.

Ok, then stop watching and supporting. I'll continue to watch and support the team I love, even if they do suck, or play like s***.

There is a difference between analysing and whining like little children. I tend to see more of the latter around here.

Everyone here is continuing to watch and support the Red Wings, even though they're playing like s***. However, we're also pissed off. Really, really, really pissed off. So we're going to rant, vent, rave, whine, *****, and hyperanalyze everything we can think of in relation to the way they're playing. That's what fans do.

f*** you Steve Yzerman for having to get old and not be playing in the NHL till your 100!!

f*** you Lids for even THINKING ABOUT RETIRING!!! (Your all we have left right now ;.;)

And f*** you Hudler because...uh... you look funny!

Well...the previous suggestion was to stop watching and supporting. So while you speak for yourself, you do not speak for everyone.

He didn't say he was going to stop watching and supporting, or that anyone else here was going to do that either. He basically said that the fans have another option - voting with their wallets. Meaning, don't give the team any more of your money until they pull their heads out of their asses.

Edited by Electrophile

Everyone here is continuing to watch and support the Red Wings, even though they're playing like s***. However, we're also pissed off. Really, really, really pissed off. So we're going to rant, vent, rave, whine, *****, and hyperanalyze everything we can think of in relation to the way they're playing. That's what fans do.

Exactly. If we had given up, we wouldn't be here.

We're Wing's fans for better or worse, and right now it's worse, so we're not happy. But we're still here.