• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

Lidstrom has been the best player on this team all year, by a nautical mile. You cannot call him out for how the team is performing, even if he wears the C.

As good as other players can be at times on this team, Lidstrom is always the best player on the ice. Even when he has a 'tough' game he still stands out for making good plays.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#42 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

f*** you, Brian Rafalski, for retiring and apparently being irreplacable on the power play.

Everybody just needs to calm down!! The Wings are simply getting their March/April losing streaks out of the way in October/November! We are going to go on a monster streak and all will be well soon.

I personally do not think the team has played that bad the last 3 games, simply we have not gotten breaks that we normally get! If the guys keep working at it, everything will be fine!

Just so you all know, the last time the Wings were winless in 6, we won the Stanley Cup (2008) Just sayin!!

The NHL is broken down into 10 game segments! The first ten we were 5-4-1 (11 points of a possible 20) thats a .550 win percentage (not bad, not great either)

we are now 0-1 in the next ten game segment, all will be well the next time we play Calgary which will be the 10th game in this 10 game segment! Remember the season is a sprint, not a race!!

CHILL THE F%^k OUT FOLKS!!

Yeah, well f*** you for not venting at the team like the rest of us!!!!!

#43 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

F*** you fans. If the fans gave up on the team already, what do you expect the team to do?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#44 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,019 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

f*** you, Brian Rafalski, for retiring and apparently being irreplacable on the power play.

Yeah, well f*** you for not venting at the team like the rest of us!!!!!

Beyond just the power play, Rafalski was probably was probably the largest factor in the Wings puck moving defense, with Lids a close second. He may have made the occasional terrible turnover trying a stretch pass up the middle, but more often than not he was successful and kept the forecheckers backed off because the Wings could get behind them with one pass.

#45 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

I know it sucks that we're winless in six, but do we really need a "f*** EVERYBODY!!!! FIRE KENNY!!! f*** YOU BABS!!!!!" thread after each game?

If it's anything like the realignment issue then yes, apparently this board does need a new thread every time. So get used to it cause at the moment it seems like we will have another thread come saturday/sunday if something doesn't change. Topic will be exactly the same, bitching will be exactly the same but it will be a new thread non the less.

<_<

#46 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

F*** you fans. If the fans gave up on the team already, what do you expect the team to do?

We haven't given up, we're just pissed.

Our top guys don't shoot the puck anymore (Fil and Huds never shot anyway) and although i've liked his play so far, Ian White is NOT a top pair D-man and he shouldn't be for us.

#47 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Earn their multi-million dollar paycheques?

And nobody has given up on anything. Or at least, I haven't. I'm still pissed though.

Edited by Zetts, 04 November 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#48 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't really see a huge difference in getting the puck out with Rafalski gone?

Detroit has been able to keep the shots relatively low, but the forwards have been unimaginative and useless most of the time. I think Rafalski is starting to get really overrated now that he is gone.

Posted Image

#49 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't really see a huge difference in getting the puck out with Rafalski gone?

Detroit has been able to keep the shots relatively low, but the forwards have been unimaginative and useless most of the time. I think Rafalski is starting to get really overrated now that he is gone.

I agree about the forwards, especially last night: they seemed to just skate with the puck until the lost it. There was no flow to speak of.

#50 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

"This will be a good thing for us. That's what adversity is, speed bumps that allow you to get better," Babcock said. "When things go wrong, if you wilt, anyone in the world can wilt, but you're supposed to be the best of the best. Keep digging in and we'll find our way."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/a...-#ixzz1clMa5kuc

#51 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

"This will be a good thing for us. That's what adversity is, speed bumps that allow you to get better," Babcock said. "When things go wrong, if you wilt, anyone in the world can wilt, but you're supposed to be the best of the best. Keep digging in and we'll find our way."

It's pretty sweet how Babs just completely ignores the problem and continues to do things that are ineffective.

#52 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

Babs, you know I love you. How much more digging is this team supposed to do before it manages to net more than one goal a game? Anymore wilting and we'll be bent over on the pavement. I'd have rather you come out and said, "You know what? We're f**king awful right now. I know it, the team knows it, the fans know it. They deserve better."

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#53 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

F*** you desperation and making the best puck possession hockey team/system in the world revert to "dump and chase".
I think we carried the puck into the zone maybe 3-4 times last night?? Everything else was dump and chase. I couldn't believe it. We're not built with the overall roster size, speed, or grit to play that style. We need to be primarily carrying the puck into the zone like we have for 15 years or else we are at a huge disadvantage with the way this team is built. Ferrari on a dirt track.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#54 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

There is no facepalm pic with a frustrated Capt. Picard that is frustrated enough for my reaction to this right now. The Wings have been doing nothing but wilting for two weeks now and it's gotten them 13th in the conference. They either refuse to 'keep digging in' or are unable to. And it's Mike's job to try a different approach if this message isn't working.

#55 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

We haven't given up, we're just pissed.

Earn their multi-million dollar paycheques?

And nobody has given up on anything. Or at least, I haven't. I'm still pissed though.

I won't say you have, but there are plenty of people around here that have definitely given up. I'm pissed too, but it doesn't do any good to sit here and ***** about it. We're not GMs. We're not coaches. We're not players. We are fans. The only thing we have the ability to do as fans is watch and support.

#56 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,019 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

I won't say you have, but there are plenty of people around here that have definitely given up. I'm pissed too, but it doesn't do any good to sit here and ***** about it. We're not GMs. We're not coaches. We're not players. We are fans. The only thing we have the ability to do as fans is watch and support.

I guess I disagree fundamentally as a fan. We definitely have the ability watch and support, which I do. But because I love hockey and the Wings, I also want to discuss what is going on, speculate on what the problems might be, potential changes that can help (even though we can't force the Wings to implement them), and sometimes just vent.

Obviously we can't play the games for them, but there's an element to fandom that is essentially hyperanalyzing all this stuff.

#57 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

Or.....not watch or not support. And since this whole thing all comes down to money (ticket revenue, concession revenue, team gear revenue, tv advertising revenue, etc...), ultimately our actions as fans (a.k.a. our money) can in fact lead to the firing of a GM, Coach, or Player. If Kenny's, Babs, or any of the players actions results in less butts in seats, less jersey sales, less tv share....something will be done-and that's a fact. Without us, they don't exist. So in a sense, our bitching and resulting actions can have a very big effect.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#58 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

Ok, then stop watching and supporting. I'll continue to watch and support the team I love, even if they do suck, or play like s***.

There is a difference between analysing and whining like little children. I tend to see more of the latter around here.

#59 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Everyone here is continuing to watch and support the Red Wings, even though they're playing like s***. However, we're also pissed off. Really, really, really pissed off. So we're going to rant, vent, rave, whine, *****, and hyperanalyze everything we can think of in relation to the way they're playing. That's what fans do.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#60 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

Well...the previous suggestion was to stop watching and supporting. So while you speak for yourself, you do not speak for everyone.