Photo
- - - - -

NHL and steroids according to Laraque

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

It is well known that former Leafs/Canadiens enforcer John Kordic died of heart failure caused by a drug (some say steroid) overdose...I have no doubt in my mind that there is performance enhancing drugs in the NHL.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#42 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

It is well known that former Leafs/Canadiens enforcer John Kordic died of heart failure caused by a drug (some say steroid) overdose...I have no doubt in my mind that there is performance enhancing drugs in the NHL.

He had a scuffle with a bunch of police officers, though. Kordic had other issues besides steroids.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#43 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

He had a scuffle with a bunch of police officers, though. Kordic had other issues besides steroids.

Oh, for sure, as did many of the NHL's enforcers back in his day did. Drugs, Alcohol as well as steroids...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#44 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

The only two players I remember on the Blues that wore 18 are Dvorak and Sillinger...

Tony Twist was on the Blues and he had an upper body that resembled a football player, man was HUGE.

#45 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Anytime you're talking about the elite level of a sport with millions of dollars involved, there's a pretty good chance performance enhancing drugs are involved.

Even if its not to bulk up, I could see players using steroids and other drugs to try and speed up recovery time from injury.