• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

2011 NFL Thread

Rate this topic

While I'm thrilled with the Packers offense, the defense just isn't playing up to snuff. I'd rather have consistent 3-and-outs rather than INT or seemingly a TD. Before yesterday it looked like the defense was heading in the right direction and I still believe they have the talent to be just as effective as last season, they just need to go out and do it. The points against aren't too bad, but the yardage is brutal and they can't keep giving that much up down the stretch.

Lastly, what an up-and-down first half of the season so far. So many unexpected winners and losers.

Discuss.

The Packers are certainly giving up yards but they do come up with the big plays when it matters most. Obviously, as a fan (not I), it's not preferable, but they do seem to have a winning formula on that side of the ball and the talent to get away with it. The question just becomes, will it bite them in the ass in that one game where they need another one of their big plays and don't get it.

But they have Rodgers who seems to be a touchdown better than whoever they play. If I didn't have him on my fantasy team I would really, really hate that guy.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

The Packers are certainly giving up yards but they do come up with the big plays when it matters most. Obviously, as a fan (not I), it's not preferable, but they do seem to have a winning formula on that side of the ball and the talent to get away with it. The question just becomes, will it bite them in the ass in that one game where they need another one of their big plays and don't get it.

But they have Rodgers who seems to be a touchdown better than whoever they play. If I didn't have him on my fantasy team I would really, really hate that guy.

The loss of Collins is really affecting the communication on the back end. Peprah really needs to step up his game and start ensuring assignments are set before the ball is snapped and the problem should go away. That, and the Packers need a more effective pass rush from their ends.

If they can get those two areas in line, its hard to imagine any other team in the league could match up.

Lions vs Bills Superbowl. In your heart you know you want this to happen.

Not a Packers fans' heart.

The Patriots poor drafting is really starting to catch up with them. It was always kind of believed that you put on a Patriots jersey and step into the Belichick system and suddenly you're going to be a better player, much like the Red Wings do. However, their defense is atrocious, due in part to Haynesworth's lazy ass and completely depleted back 7.

I think we've seen the end of the Patriots era and the only reason why they're still going to be a good team and a possible playoff team is because they still have Tom Brady.

I also think it's entirely possible that if Brady gets hurt instead of Manning, we could be seeing a similar embarassment of a season in New England.

Hahaha! The "Dream" Team is now 3-6 after getting beat at home by ARIZONA and their backup QB Skelton. Oh, the heads are gonna roll in Philly. I gotta wonder if they don't go in a different direction then Andy Ried.

On top of that, what was Atlanta thinking going for it on 4&1 in OT on their own 29?

Quite the jumbled mess from the 3-seed to the 8th. Huge game tonight with major implications. If New Orleans pulls it off, they've got a shot at the bye come playoff time. If New York pulls it off (which I don't see happening), things get even more jumbled from 4th-8th.

Strength of schedule is huge along with key injuries.

1. Green Bay Packers 11-0 (Remaining SoS: 31-23, 0.574 Winning %)

2. San Francisco 49ers 9-2 (Remaining SoS: 20-35, 0.364 Winning %)

3. New Orleans Saints 7-3 (Remaining SoS: 31-34, 0.477 Winning %)

4. Dallas Cowboys 7-4 (Remaining SoS: 24-29, 0.453 Winning %)

5. Chicago Bears 7-4 (Remaining SoS: 27-28, 0.491 Winning %)

6. Atlanta Falcons 7-4 (Remaining SoS: 25-29, 0.464 Winning %)

7. Detroit Lions 7-4 (Remaining SoS: 31-23, 0.574 Winning %)

8. New York Giants 6-4 (Remaining SoS: 31-23, 0.646 Winning %)

New York has a brutal finish to their schedule, while SF has a cake walk. The Packers remaining schedule is tied with Detroit's for the second most difficult among the 8 in the playoff picture.

Should be an interesting and fun end to the season.

I was just reading an article on him. ^^^

He was going to get weed for $450 per pound (for 1000 pounds)?!?!? That's just over $7 per quarter! That is a serious volume discount!

Where you'd hide a half ton of weed is another story, but I guess if you have someone to deliver it, you can figure out a hiding place easily enough.

I don't know market value on cocaine, but that sounds pretty good there too. I'm flabbergasted.

I was just reading an article on him. ^^^

He was going to get weed for $450 per pound (for 1000 pounds)?!?!? That's just over $7 per quarter! That is a serious volume discount!

Where you'd hide a half ton of weed is another story, but I guess if you have someone to deliver it, you can figure out a hiding place easily enough.

I don't know market value on cocaine, but that sounds pretty good there too. I'm flabbergasted.

mmw_math_teacher_626_article.jpg

Your math skills, I applaud them.

What's the going rate for a quarter in North Dakota?

I haven't touched it since 1987, but back then it was $40. I hear it hasn't gone up much, but when I quit something, I quit it completely so I'm not really sure. I'd guess $40-50 nowadays.

I have to wonder what some of these pro athletes are thinking. I can see doing drugs for fun, maybe during the off-season when they're not getting tested, but during the season? And throwing it away on a huge deal like this?

These are not desperately poor people who are trying to earn money to live on. It doesn't seem to be an addict trying to secure a stash. This is a whole different nickel and dime (so to speak).

Do they really think they're that untouchable?

So now that the Lions are out, I'm trying to decide where to cheer. Usually, being a Lions fan, I have ample time before the playoffs to decide on a playoff team.

I think that Pack will win it all, but I've always been one to pull for the underdog.

Of the teams that are left, who are you people pulling for? Who do you pick to win? Who is the biggest underdog?

Right now, I'm kind of leaning towards Denver. I haven't yet got the heart to cheer on the Saints after this weekend. :(

So now that the Lions are out, I'm trying to decide where to cheer. Usually, being a Lions fan, I have ample time before the playoffs to decide on a playoff team.

I think that Pack will win it all, but I've always been one to pull for the underdog.

Of the teams that are left, who are you people pulling for? Who do you pick to win? Who is the biggest underdog?

Right now, I'm kind of leaning towards Denver. I haven't yet got the heart to cheer on the Saints after this weekend. :(

You should really cheer for the Packers! Not much bad-blood between the two teams/fans, yet. Fellow NFC North member.

CHI and MIN fans cheering against us I get (I cheer against those two all the time), but Green Bay & Detroit don't seem to have that beef....right now atleast. It's likely coming in the next few years though.

I'm pulling for the saints. and the giants.

and anyone to flatten the stupid packers.

Hiei...here's hoping we can go back-to-back for ya! :P

You should really cheer for the Packers! Not much bad-blood between the two teams/fans, yet. Fellow NFC North member.

CHI and MIN fans cheering against us I get (I cheer against those two all the time), but Green Bay & Detroit don't seem to have that beef....right now atleast. It's likely coming in the next few years though.

As far as the Packers fans who live in Wisconsin and Lions fans who live in Michigan and Northwest Ohio, there really isn't much hatred there.

But we all know those people who are Packers fans just because they like John Deere or Brett Favre or whatever. As it happens, one of my least favorite people who was a roommate of mine is a Packers fan. Last year during the Super Bowl, I was conflicted. I HATE the Steelers and their fans so I was kind of ok with Green Bay winning, but I did not want my acquaintance to have the undeserved feeling of accomplishment that comes with winning the Super Bowl.

Can't say I was ready for that. And now the way to the Super Bowl is made clear for Green Bay...

Or not. I wasn't ready for that either! I guess it's the typical tale of a team with a mediocre record that got hot near the end of the season and went on a run. Like these very same Giants in '07, the Cards in '08, and last year's Super Bowl champion...

I'm hoping for a Pats-Giants rematch. :D