• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/8 GDT: Avalanche 2 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

I know our offense has been hit with quite the Avalanche of negativity lately, bet's hope that tonight the offense has official been able to thaw out of this nasty drift we hit in later October. Let's hope White is able to get a goal tonight because without big production from him, it's snow joking matter.

Edited by Konnan511

I know our offense has been hit with quite the Avalanche of negativity lately, bet's hope that tonight the offense has official been able to thaw out of this nasty drift we hit in later October. Let's hope White is able to get a goal tonight because without big production from him, it's snow joking matter.

Long live the puns!

No Kindl again? WTF kid is being benched in favor for 2 trash defenders.makes no sense.

I haven't seen that confirmed. The M-Live article mentioned that Commie filled in at forward a bit (he won't play forward), so it's my guess that he won't play. With that said, he did play well in his first two games.

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Home: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Colorado

Overall: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Home: 1-game winning streak

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season

Overall: 4W-5L-1OTL

Home: 3W-2L-1OTL

Last Ten Games – Current All-Time Regular-Season v. Colorado

Overall: 6W-2L-0OTL-2SOL

Home: 5W-1L-1OTL-3SOL

Home Stand / Road Trip

This is the fourth game of a six-game home stand

Record v. Colorado

All-time Record v. Colorado

All-time, Overall

107G: 58W-39L-5T-0RT-1OTL-4SOL

All-time, Home v.Colorado

52G: 31W-16L-1T-0RT-1OTL-1SOL

Season Record v. Colorado

Overall

This is this is the second regular season meeting v. Colorado this season. The Club's record after 1 game:

1W-0L

This is this is the first home regular season meeting v. Colorado this season.

Record on this Day

November 8

This is the 30th regular-season game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 29 games:

12W-10L-7T

This is the first regular-season game played v. Colorado on this day.

LGW.

No Kindl again? WTF kid is being benched in favor for 2 trash defenders.makes no sense.

Commodore is doing fine and he brings to the table something Kindl doesn't. I'm all for giving Kindl a shot, but let's get the team back on track first.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Winning is fun. I think we should do it again. What say you?

agr33d. 4-1 will b3 th3 final scor3. :)

It's a PK thing. Babs probably won't sit Ericsson because he's 3rd amoung the D in PK time on ice/game. While our PK is only 80.0% (tied for 19th in the league) that's skewed by how terrible it was at the start of the season. Over the last 5 games the PK's only let 4 goals in (including the horrible one in OT when Kronwall took that headshot and an empty net goal on the PK). Factor out the EN goal and the one where Kronwall was knocked out of the play with that headshot and it's only 2 goals in the last 5 games. I counted 24 PKs based on checking the game sheets for the last 5 games so that means the PK has been 83.3% over that time (or 87.0% if you discount the EN goal scored against us on the PK). To be fair, the real PK percentage would be 87% since you can't really count a PK with an EN as a normal scenario.

So yeah... until Babs thinks he can count on Kindl to play E's 3 mins of PK time a night he's going to be the odd man out.

Edit:

Also, Ericsson leads the D in hits while Kindl is 4th. In terms of blocked shots Kindl is 6th while E is only 4th. Stats like these and the PK are pretty much the only reason why I can justify sitting Kindl over E right now.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

The Wings need another big win tonight as they're facing a tough test going up against two hot goalies in Khabibulin and Lehtonen this weekend in back-to-back games.

We'll see exactly where the Wings' PK is after tonight as well.