• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/8 GDT: Avalanche 2 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Looks like Kindl is back in for Commodore after all. Lineup for tonight looks like:

Clears - Dats - Homer

Flip - Z - Mule

Abby - Helmer - Happy

Mills - Emmerton - Fabian

Nick - White Christmas

Kronners - Stuey

Big E - Amazon Kindle

Edit: Link

Interested in fourth line tonight, but unhappy of still no Flip-Pav.

Let's go Wings!

Edited by Ram

Looks like Kindl is back in for Commodore after all. Lineup for tonight looks like:

Clears - Dats - Homer

Flip - Z - Mule

Abby - Helmer - Huds

Mills - Emmerton - Fabian

Nick - White Christmas

Kronners - Stuey

Big E - Amazon Kindle

Edit: Link

Interested in fourth line tonight, but unhappy of still no Flip-Pav.

Let's go Wings!

Only issue I have wiht these lines is that Helm is already shorter than Helmer.

Only issue I have wiht these lines is that Helm is already shorter than Helmer.

Thought that too, but seems to be his go-to in the locker room and when Babs refers to him. Should Brendan Smith play again, probably would be "Smitty"?

I haven't seen that confirmed. The M-Live article mentioned that Commie filled in at forward a bit (he won't play forward), so it's my guess that he won't play. With that said, he did play well in his first two games.

I don't have a problem with Commie... Stuart has been garbage and I don't really like Ericsson at all.

It's a PK thing. Babs probably won't sit Ericsson because he's 3rd amoung the D in PK time on ice/game. While our PK is only 80.0% (tied for 19th in the league) that's skewed by how terrible it was at the start of the season. Over the last 5 games the PK's only let 4 goals in (including the horrible one in OT when Kronwall took that headshot and an empty net goal on the PK). Factor out the EN goal and the one where Kronwall was knocked out of the play with that headshot and it's only 2 goals in the last 5 games. I counted 24 PKs based on checking the game sheets for the last 5 games so that means the PK has been 83.3% over that time (or 87.0% if you discount the EN goal scored against us on the PK). To be fair, the real PK percentage would be 87% since you can't really count a PK with an EN as a normal scenario.

So yeah... until Babs thinks he can count on Kindl to play E's 3 mins of PK time a night he's going to be the odd man out.

Edit:

Also, Ericsson leads the D in hits while Kindl is 4th. In terms of blocked shots Kindl is 6th while E is only 4th. Stats like these and the PK are pretty much the only reason why I can justify sitting Kindl over E right now.

Well Ericsoon has played 2 more games then Kindl which means his stats will be lower. Anyway I am glad Kindl will get to play even though I don't really agree it should be at the expense of Commie.

Edited by korrowan

Red Wings will continue their winning streak tonight (I predicted 5 before the Ducks game) We looked good against the Ducks), hopefully we keep the confidence going. Dats is gonna be our star tonight.