• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Mattias Ritola

Rate this topic

Ritola has refused his AHL assignment and was placed on $125 waivers for the purpose of relieving him from his contract so he can go play in Europe.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/mattias-ritola-says-no-to-ahl-norfolk-will-leave-the-tampa-bay-lightning/1200615

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=87882

Anybody still upset that the Wings let him go...I'm not.

Good luck to him, and I hope he can make it to the NHL, but I don't see it happening. I didn't see it when the Wings waived him and I still don't see it now.

He's nothing special, and he's apparently got a bad attitude as well.

See, now you're just making things up.

GM Steve Yzerman said, "I understand where he is coming from and I respect where he's coming from. ... This enables him to move on with his hockey career."

Guest Crymson

See, now you're just making things up.

What else do you think he'd say? "Ritola is a terrible person"? That really wouldn't be like Stevie.

How many players outright refuse an AHL assignment? I know you're very attached to Ritola, sure. Wasn't it you who told me that he would be "bringing it" this season?

Guest Heaten

He's nothing special, and he's apparently got a bad attitude as well.

I don't see anything wrong with it. The kid has been a trooper since DRWs drafted him. He's worked hard and evolved his game as the DRWs asked him to do. When he finally gets his shot, he's waived and Tampa picks him ups, which is probably encouraging to him because they don't have the depth the Wings have. He played some games in Tampa, then he acquires major ear problems which set him back even more.

He's become a fringe NHL player and he doesn't want to be a career AHLer. The KHL will take him with open arms, give him ice time, and pay him decent cash. He's worked hard and deserves to play where he's happy and makes good money. Like I said, the guy was a trooper, was dedicated to cracking the NHL, and is a hard worker trying to better his game. It's not like Yzerman 'needs' him in the AHL playing.

play in europe or play in the ahl?

hudler went to play in the KHL, so it doesnt seem like that big of a deal.

As far as I know, he can't go to the KHL this season due to unwritten agreements between the NHL and KHL and transfer agreements. He either plays in the AHL or sits out if the TBL don't play him.

Guest Crymson

Well, we all know now with a fair degree of certainty that he wouldn't have played well enough to remain with the Wings had we kept him.

What else do you think he'd say? "Ritola is a terrible person"? That really wouldn't be like Stevie.

How many players outright refuse an AHL assignment? I know you're very attached to Ritola, sure. Wasn't it you who told me that he would be "bringing it" this season?

I take it more as him refusing assignment to facilitate a transfer to Europe. I'm guessing if he felt he had a shot to make it back to the NHL, he's go to the AHL and do his time, but the money in Europe is better than the AHL, so if there is no chance of playing in the NHL, why stick it out in the AHL? Especially for a European player.