• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

It's released in a matter of hours from now.. so anyone getting this? I sure as hell am!

Edited by Shoreline, 10 November 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#2 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

It's released in a matter of hours from now.. so anyone getting this? I sure as hell am!

*raises hand*

I have been watching the live play video today on 1up and ign.....WOW!!!

And I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that has played it.....AWESOME is all I got to say.
I love the fact that there will be infinite quests with the different groups/factions in the game like with the brotherhood you will never run out of stealing or assassination quests so that's going to be interesting.

One thing to also point out while watching the live video today while i work..They did a test on how long it took them to run from 1 side of the made to the other...the guy did stop and fight a few times but it didn't take long to kill what he was fighting....it took over an hour!!!

CAN'T WAIT!

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 10 November 2011 - 04:26 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#3 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

Awesome dude. :)

For whoever might be interested, here is a website to see if your PC specs are up to standards since Skyrim will obviously require some decent power. Disable pop-up blockers and allow the software to run itself "one time".

http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

In the search box just type "skyrim" and you'll see the options.

I'm between the middle section of "minimum requirements" and "recommended". Medium-low settings for me it is.

Edit: One thing I liked about Oblivion, the previous ES series game, was that you could mod the game and use a Shivering Isles race, Golden Saint and Dark Seducer. I loved playing those and hope they allow lore-based customized races like that, without the sound issues the GS/DS had when teleporting outside Shivering Isles.

You can also expect at least one expansion, and an assload of DLC's, as well as a Game of the Year Edition at some point which will include whatever expansion(s) and some DLC's, presuming they (Bethsoft) follow the path of Morrowind and Oblivion.

Edited by Shoreline, 10 November 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#4 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

I have my pre-order sitting in my wallet. Unfortunately, the store I pre-ordered from isn't doing a midnight release (bastards!!!) I'll have to wait until the AM to pick it up. The good news is that I get a long weekend, so I'll be living in my gaming den for the foreseeable future.

I'm way more excited about Skyrim than I was for Oblivion for some reason. The gameplay videos that have been released look absolutely amazing.

#5 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

Awesome dude. :)

For whoever might be interested, here is a website to see if your PC specs are up to standards since Skyrim will obviously require some decent power. Disable pop-up blockers and allow the software to run itself "one time".

http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

In the search box just type "skyrim" and you'll see the options.

I'm between the middle section of "minimum requirements" and "recommended". Medium-low settings for me it is.

Edit: One thing I liked about Oblivion, the previous ES series game, was that you could mod the game and use a Shivering Isles race, Golden Saint and Dark Seducer. I loved playing those and hope they allow lore-based customized races like that, without the sound issues the GS/DS had when teleporting outside Shivering Isles.

You can also expect at least one expansion, and an assload of DLC's, as well as a Game of the Year Edition at some point which will include whatever expansion(s) and some DLC's, presuming they (Bethsoft) follow the path of Morrowind and Oblivion.

I did it with my work lappy and im right in the middle as well. hahaha I think i will still play it on 360. I may try it on pc as well just to see.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#6 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

Shore!!

THE....GAME.....IS......... AWESOME!!!
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#7 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

It is.. beheading at the start then dragon fight.

Just to be a ****** we snuck past the bear and once I realized I was in the clear to the exit I doubled back just to shoot it in the ass with an arrow and take my leave outside the cave. :lol:

I'm on medium settings and s*** looks great. Can't imagine how awesome it would be maxed.

Edited by Shoreline, 11 November 2011 - 05:57 PM.

#8 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

I pre-ordered the s*** out of this and am playing it now practically non stop. This game will alter my habits. My pc is a few years old so I just went with the ps3, aside from a few load times it's great and I suspect easier to play with a gamepad.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#9 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

Without a doubt the UI on the PC version caters to a gamepad and I can't exactly figure out why..

#10 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

Bought this game yesterday evening, and have been dying to play it ever since.

Yet, it sits on the bar in the kitchen, as I've barely had enough time to sleep, let alone dedicate a few good hours to this game. This afternoon looks promising, however.

Getting fantastic reviews. 9.0 from Gamespot, 95 from IGN, 95 from Game Informer.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#11 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

Yet, it sits on the bar in the kitchen, as I've barely had enough time to sleep, let alone dedicate a few good hours to this game. This afternoon looks promising, however.

Getting fantastic reviews. 9.0 from Gamespot, 95 from IGN, 95 from Game Informer.

Let us know when you finally play it and what you think. I'm still in amazement.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#12 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

Let us know when you finally play it and what you think. I'm still in amazement.

Played about 2 hours last night, and am very impressed. Of course, I'm still really early in the campaign, but I'm definitely liking what I've seen so far.

Very curious to see if my old trick from Oblivion still works. Enchant 5 different pieces of armor/clothing with 20% invisibility, and POOF! No one can see you! Enemies don't know that they're being attacked, civilians don't know their goods are being stolen. It was glorious!

snyoep.jpg

#13 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

Chameleon? I thought trying to activate/take something while invisible made you visible even if it was an enchantment. I used to do that long ago in Morrowind but it felt like cheating with how easy it was to steal and kill. :lol:

I can't believe I didn't mention this in a post above relating to the cave, since it happened just after, but as soon as I went to a nearby village I decided to practice my archery skills on a wandering chicken in the street, and suddenly I had the entire village outside after me, followed by people spilling out of their houses to come after me. So I'd be careful about that, they regard chickens in town much like some sort of KFC deity and you get a bounty for it + the entire town after your ass. :blink:

#14 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

Played this game like crazy over the weekend. I thought the terrain and scenery in Oblivion was beautiful, this game really takes it to the next level. The mountain ranges look fantastic. I was chasing a bandit through the woods at night, and after I took him down, I just looked up to the brilliant northern lights and gigantic moon in the sky.

I really can't get enough of it. Every dungeon, every town, every nook and cranny is worth exploring. The main plot is pretty engaging too.

I just wish they kept in spellcrafting, and gave the companions personalities and their own side quests like in Fallout 3/New Vegas.

#15 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

With a newborn infant, it'll be years until you manage to finish this game.

Chameleon? I thought trying to activate/take something while invisible made you visible even if it was an enchantment. I used to do that long ago in Morrowind but it felt like cheating with how easy it was to steal and kill. :lol:

I can't believe I didn't mention this in a post above relating to the cave, since it happened just after, but as soon as I went to a nearby village I decided to practice my archery skills on a wandering chicken in the street, and suddenly I had the entire village outside after me, followed by people spilling out of their houses to come after me. So I'd be careful about that, they regard chickens in town much like some sort of KFC deity and you get a bounty for it + the entire town after your ass. :blink:

Killing farm animals is considered a crime; it's destruction of village property.

#16 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

^ PETA does not approve of "property". :lol:

Which reminded me.. there's a few likes and dislikes, and a few other comments.

- AI
- The way PC/NPCs move
- More realistic magic-based combat
- Beast races look more practical and not so cartoonish

Dislikes:
- Cannot kill children (they can report you if you sneak into a house, but you can't maim the ***** for calling the guard? hopefully there's a mod for this)
- The shortcut bars are not short enough.. I don't like using "q" to scroll a list of spells I just want to activate one like Morrowind and Oblivion. This might be an issue of ignorance on my part though.

Comments:
- Jumping/falling is way more realistic here than in Oblivion and especially Morrowind, and you're way more vulnerable to falls. This one time I had a horse, wasn't steering him properly, then fell off the tiniest cliff ever, the horse died, I fell off, then bounced down another cliff and died. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry.
- Not sure what to make yet of the HUD. I like seeing how much current overall health/magic/stam without looking in menu's. Could be another thing of ignorance though.

#17 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

With a newborn infant, it'll be years until you manage to finish this game.

having 4 kids myself...it will be about 10 years for me im sure. hahaha the new elder scrolls will be out already on the next gen system im sure. hahaha

But even if it was just me alone it would take me a long time. I'm the type thats going to take time and explore everything. I still haven't even did the first part of the main quest yet and im already at lvl 11 hahahaha
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#18 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

Well I took the plunge into Lycanthropy and not sure I like it now. I guess I'll be hunting for the cure. I also found myself in a pitched battle and my Lydia got wacked, made me terrible sad to lose her.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#19 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

Chameleon would make you visible if you took any aggressive action, such as stealing or attacking, but invisibility was different. I think it was designed that you were only supposed to be at 20% invisibility, meaning you could be invisible if your enemy had a low enough awareness. But if you added several pieces with 20%, the effect was cumulative, so you could be completely invisible to every enemy. Closing down Oblivion gates was a cakewalk, when you could walk right up to the Sigil Stone without ever being attacked once...

About 4 hours into Skyrim now. Spending time doing some of the easier side quests as I get my character stronger.

snyoep.jpg

#20 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

Chameleon would make you visible if you took any aggressive action, such as stealing or attacking, but invisibility was different. I think it was designed that you were only supposed to be at 20% invisibility, meaning you could be invisible if your enemy had a low enough awareness. But if you added several pieces with 20%, the effect was cumulative, so you could be completely invisible to every enemy. Closing down Oblivion gates was a cakewalk, when you could walk right up to the Sigil Stone without ever being attacked once...

About 4 hours into Skyrim now. Spending time doing some of the easier side quests as I get my character stronger.

I will say this....It's all funny pissing off a giant until they attack :annoyed:
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users