• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shoreline

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I ended the main storyline a few days ago. The scenery in the last stage was beautiful. That said, the main quests are very easy if you're above level 40 or so. I won the final battle in about 15 seconds on the highest difficulty level.

Did you guys go with the Stormcloaks or the Imperials?

My female Dunmer is Stormcloak - not because she supports Nordic independance, she just hates the Empire :) Interesting the journey you go on with your characters though, she started out with an angry chip on her shoulder, discovered her concience in High Hrothgaar, and now is becoming more power hungry the more powerful she gets. Now she's a full-on Daedra worshipping Cannibal :)

I ended the main storyline a few days ago. The scenery in the last stage was beautiful. That said, the main quests are very easy if you're above level 40 or so. I won the final battle in about 15 seconds on the highest difficulty level.

Did you guys go with the Stormcloaks or the Imperials?

I finished the game up last week, 121 hours, level 54. Dual wielding axe swinger, sneak, heavy armor, restoration, smithing and enchanting at 100.

I didn't do either the Stormcloak or Imperial side quests, I did broker a peace deal between the two factions toward the end of the main story line....I believe that this is a semi-'secret' quest that you cannot get if you progress too far in the story line for either faction.....I thought it was a great game overall....cannot wait for the expansion.

I finished the game up last week, 121 hours, level 54. Dual wielding axe swinger, sneak, heavy armor, restoration, smithing and enchanting at 100.

I didn't do either the Stormcloak or Imperial side quests, I did broker a peace deal between the two factions toward the end of the main story line....I believe that this is a semi-'secret' quest that you cannot get if you progress too far in the story line for either faction.....I thought it was a great game overall....cannot wait for the expansion.

You finished the main quest but no one can really finish the game. There is always something to quest on and you can go to lvl 80. The fact that you didn't choose a side means there is much you could do if you choose to. I can see how completing the main quest can give you a sense of completion but their is so much to do.

what!?!?!?! there is a way to make peace between the 2??? geez. I missed that one.

I finished the main storyline before the civil war quests also, what had happened in my game was a temporary peace treaty that was broken as soon as I finished. Afterwards I was able to go back through and select stormcloaks or imperials and do that storyline, which I think is probably the case here as well. Those quests should still be available upon completion of the main storyline so double check all of your missions afterwards.

You finished the main quest but no one can really finish the game. There is always something to quest on and you can go to lvl 80. The fact that you didn't choose a side means there is much you could do if you choose to. I can see how completing the main quest can give you a sense of completion but their is so much to do.

100% agreed. I finished the main quest, had all the skills to 100 that I was interested in levelling, and finished like 200 misc. quests...and I was getting a little burned out...so I felt like it was a good time to call it 'finished'.

what!?!?!?! there is a way to make peace between the 2??? geez. I missed that one.

Yeah, I think that if you complete too many of the Stormcloak/Imperial quests, you cannot broker the Peace Treaty at all.

I finished the main storyline before the civil war quests also, what had happened in my game was a temporary peace treaty that was broken as soon as I finished. Afterwards I was able to go back through and select stormcloaks or imperials and do that storyline, which I think is probably the case here as well. Those quests should still be available upon completion of the main storyline so double check all of your missions afterwards.

Yep, it's giving me the chance to join either side still after finishing the main storyline...and I may join the Stormcloaks after I finish Arkham City ;)

Its crazy really, I'm only 1/3 way through the main quest, halfway through the Daedric quests, third of the way through the Stormcloaks, Thieves Guild broke with a bug after the 1st quest, not joined DB, only just joined companions, but finished Mages college, not done any of 8 Divines quest. Yet, despite this only scratching the surface, and despite no powerlevelling (apart from a little smithing) I'm already lvl 37. Just shows how much there is to this game.

I want to create another character to do things from the other side, but by the time I finish with this character, I'm pretty sure I'll be burnt out

Its crazy really, I'm only 1/3 way through the main quest, halfway through the Daedric quests, third of the way through the Stormcloaks, Thieves Guild broke with a bug after the 1st quest, not joined DB, only just joined companions, but finished Mages college, not done any of 8 Divines quest. Yet, despite this only scratching the surface, and despite no powerlevelling (apart from a little smithing) I'm already lvl 37. Just shows how much there is to this game.

I want to create another character to do things from the other side, but by the time I finish with this character, I'm pretty sure I'll be burnt out

Yeah I tell myself this a lot when I really enjoy a game, as soon as i'm finished i'm going to start a 2nd playthrough but along with Skyrim this is rarely the case. Only games I managed multiple playthroughs on in recent history was Bioshock, Borderlands, and Fallout 3. I think once the expansions are released for Skyrim there's gonna be plenty more to keep us occupied without feeling like a 2nd playthrough is necessary.

I've taken a small break from Skyrim to play Arkham City, but i'll go back to it soon enough.

I am addicted to this game and I cannot stop playing it! Being laid off right now and recently single from the gf gives me all the time in the world during the week to play. I am currently a level 37. I finished the quests for the Dark Brother Hood, Thieves Guild, Companions, and almost done with the main quests. My only thing is what else is there? I know there's a s*** ton of "miscellaneous quests" but most of those are little small b.s. things. I still have to do the war quests and daedric quests. Also there are the Thane quests if I choose to pursue that. I have about 70% of the achievements. I decided to go rogue style. My sneak is at 100 (only skill that high). Currently I am wearing the complete set of thieves guild armor, I do have the guide book but I am curious as to wear or how I can make some bad ass light armor and or weapons. My only gripe is even though there is so much to do after the few main quest lines it almost feels as if the game is over?... Am I missing something?

I used to post in this thread....then I took an arrow to the knee.

7236163.jpg

I do have a serious question though. For some reason I don't have the achievement for completing 10 side quests... Is that just 10 miscellaneous quests? I have definitely done at least 70 of those.

Also check this video out... :lol:

I do have a serious question though. For some reason I don't have the achievement for completing 10 side quests... Is that just 10 miscellaneous quests? I have definitely done at least 70 of those.

No, you get Hero of the People for doing 50 misc quests. I guess side quests are the ones that aren't part of a Faction/Daedric/Divines groupings. Like yourself, I can't figure out how I haven't got that one yet.

I am addicted to this game and I cannot stop playing it! Being laid off right now and recently single from the gf gives me all the time in the world during the week to play. I am currently a level 37. I finished the quests for the Dark Brother Hood, Thieves Guild, Companions, and almost done with the main quests. My only thing is what else is there? I know there's a s*** ton of "miscellaneous quests" but most of those are little small b.s. things. I still have to do the war quests and daedric quests. Also there are the Thane quests if I choose to pursue that. I have about 70% of the achievements. I decided to go rogue style. My sneak is at 100 (only skill that high). Currently I am wearing the complete set of thieves guild armor, I do have the guide book but I am curious as to wear or how I can make some bad ass light armor and or weapons. My only gripe is even though there is so much to do after the few main quest lines it almost feels as if the game is over?... Am I missing something?

Well you still have the Civil War quests, which is either the Stormcloaks or the Imperials which is a lengthy campaign. You also have the Mage's College, even if you have no interest in magic or becoming a mage it still shouldn't be overlooked. There's a lot of fun moments with good equipment during both, and opens up a lot more to do upon completion. There's also the Bard's college, the Daedra quests, The Blades quests, which all consist of about 5 to 6 quests each. If you finish all of these and still feel like you want to do more before the expansions come out, shoot for achievements. Finding all 20 shouts and 15 daedric artifacts will easily take up another week of your time, and they are worth seeking out. Earlier in this thread I posted up tips for improving your smithing, which is going to give you better equipment and armor both when you forge it and upgrade it.

You are gonna find that when you start to tie up your side quests that a lot of them are just as fun as the main quests, there's a lot of unique ones that offer up rare equipment and experiences. Sometimes I just explore when i'm bored, look for those black icons when i'm walking around and see what they have to offer. Doing everything I stated above, i'm a level 58 and still haven't finished the thieves guild or the blades quests. It's all about how you want to play and how much you want to put into it.

Upcoming downloadable content has hinted at revisiting Morrowind, which is mentioned a lot during gameplay but not a lot of people played Morrowind on the first xbox or PC. If you want more beyond that, and you haven't played Oblivion, it's a no brainer for the price these days and is still a fun and lengthy experience.

Guest Crymson

Dragonscale armor is very good. Nightingale armor is also quite good. Make sure to upgrade your armor at the forge.

Upcoming downloadable content has hinted at revisiting Morrowind, which is mentioned a lot during gameplay but not a lot of people played Morrowind on the first xbox or PC. If you want more beyond that, and you haven't played Oblivion, it's a no brainer for the price these days and is still a fun and lengthy experience.

Oblivion is dated. It was good when it came out because of its huge world and endless gameplay, but this has been done time and again since then. You'll basically be playing a significantly-inferior version of Skyrim--Oblivion's graphics, interface, etc. are not as good as that found in Skyrim, unsurprisingly, and its leveling and level-scaling systems are garbage--which can be frustrating. I tried, and only made it an hour before I uninstalled it.

When you're doing the main storyline and if you have not yet chosen to side with either faction, you'll receive an option to broker a cease-fire once you reach the level in which you must trap the dragon in Dragonsreach. The jarl will be unwilling to go along with the dragon-trapping plan should attack by the imperials or the stormcloaks still be a possibility, hence a possible ceasefire.

7236163.jpg

lmao @ the vid, I haven't seen that before. 100 ways to die in skyrim is also pretty amusing.

To answer your question, side quests do not include miscellaneous quests, so that's probably why you haven't received the achievement yet.

This might be old news, since it happened in October, but I thought I'd share in case someone hadn't seen this yet.

I don't know if any of you guys subscribe to Game Informer magazine, but there was an interesting article in their newest issue about a speed run challenge through Skyrim. The goal was to run through the main story line as quickly as possible, so they were going to be forsaking all sidequests, levelling, etc.

The winner clocked in at 2 hours, 16 minutes, 10 seconds.

Bethesda and Game Informer both have blog entries up about the contest. If you get a chance, I really recommend reading the original article (which I'll try and locate), since it gives some insight into how you have to run through the game with such a low time.

For the record, I'm just over 100 hours in, level 39. Still haven't finished the main quest, though I'll likely be done with it in a few days of playing time. (I usually only get a chance to play this game on Tuesdays, when my fiance and the baby are out visiting her mother).

This might be old news, since it happened in October, but I thought I'd share in case someone hadn't seen this yet.

I don't know if any of you guys subscribe to Game Informer magazine, but there was an interesting article in their newest issue about a speed run challenge through Skyrim. The goal was to run through the main story line as quickly as possible, so they were going to be forsaking all sidequests, levelling, etc.

The winner clocked in at 2 hours, 16 minutes, 10 seconds.

Bethesda and Game Informer both have blog entries up about the contest. If you get a chance, I really recommend reading the original article (which I'll try and locate), since it gives some insight into how you have to run through the game with such a low time.

For the record, I'm just over 100 hours in, level 39. Still haven't finished the main quest, though I'll likely be done with it in a few days of playing time. (I usually only get a chance to play this game on Tuesdays, when my fiance and the baby are out visiting her mother).

Actually hadn't seen this yet, I think I am entirely too OCD about frequently upgrading and changing gear to stay focused on something like this. Getting through the storyline in 2 hours 10 minutes is really impressive, I wouldn't have thought it was possible in that amount of time.

There was something similar for Resident Evil 5, someone beat it in 1 hour and 54 minutes but i'm not sure if there was any reward for beating the time though.

It's kinda crazy to think that after putting 200+ hours into this game that you can technically beat it in just over two hours. Other developers should take notes, the depth of this game in unmatched.

Actually hadn't seen this yet, I think I am entirely too OCD about frequently upgrading and changing gear to stay focused on something like this. Getting through the storyline in 2 hours 10 minutes is really impressive, I wouldn't have thought it was possible in that amount of time.

There was something similar for Resident Evil 5, someone beat it in 1 hour and 54 minutes but i'm not sure if there was any reward for beating the time though.

It's kinda crazy to think that after putting 200+ hours into this game that you can technically beat it in just over two hours. Other developers should take notes, the depth of this game in unmatched.

Agree about the depth, peeking over the horizon for Mass Effect 3 release.

I wonder if Mass Effect 3 is gonna be popular enough to justify it's own thread, this one has been great and i'm going to be all over ME3 when it comes out.

Of course it will be! We have you, softshoes, and me at the very least that will play this game, and want to discuss it.

I'm wicked excited for ME3.

That said, I've got a full evening tonight for Skyrim, and I plan on using it. Last time I played I was fairly close to completing the main quest. (The World Eater's Eyrie or however it's spelled).

*edit* ...and, done! Completed the main story last night. Very well done.

Now, it's on to something else. Although I still have at least the Stormcloak/Imperial campaign and the Companions quests to do, I need a bit of a break from this one.

I own a ps3 and didn't have the pleasure of playing ME1. I played the hell out of ME2 and I'm starting a renegade character now just to get back in shape for ME3, my paragon infiltrator Katie is anxiously waiting what's next in her future.

Edited by softshoes