• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

I just lure those two giants West (I think) of Whiterun towards the city, get up on the stable roof and fire arrows at them. Cheap? Yes... but it's hilarious to watch them get mad and try to reach me.

I seen a video of someone killing a mammoth while standing behind a big boulder. Keeping the boulder between them and the mammoth while shooting them with the bow n arrow. I bet that would work for a giant.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#42 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

What a great game, very easy to get pulled in to.

I'm almost level 41, sneaky one handed dual axe wielding heavy armor wearer.

The amount of side quests you can stumble upon is insane.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#43 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

I have the entire weekend at home alone. Fiance and the baby are on a road trip to Oklahoma.

Skyrim looks to feature prominently in my plans for this weekend...

...and sleep. LOTS of sleep.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#44 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:35 AM

There was a new patch released for this game fixing some current issues with the game a day or two ago. For anyone like myself experiencing the glitch causing the "Blood on the Ice" quest to not unlock properly the fix is coming in early January. This current glitch is preventing this quest from being completed and also prevents you from purchasing property in Windhelm. The glitch is currently only affecting some people but not all, if you've heard ramblings about The Butcher in Windhelm but haven't found the quest the glitch is probably the issue. Ill post when the official patch release date is announced.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#45 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

Wow. Game is still outstanding. Still finding stuff to do. I'm level 52 with most of the warrior skills maxxed or close. I have to admit, once I crafted a full set of Legendary Daedric gear and double enchanted it all, combat is kind of dull. The only thing that can really match me are ancient dragons. Still a lot of fun....someday I may actually get back on the main quest story line.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

#46 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

Yeah i'm about the same, 54 I think. Its been a few days since i've played it but I did finish the main storyline and you get a pretty awesome shout for completing it. If you are finding that combat is becoming a bit tedious then go questing and find some shouts, as there are a lot of unique and amazing ones. With downloadable content on the way there's gonna be a lot to do in Skyrim for a long time.

#47 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

I should've been more clear...combat is dull because it never takes more than 3 swings to kill anything.....except ancient dragons...they take about a dozen hits.

#48 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

Thanks guys, finally joined the college of winterhold. Did my first quest. Also disenchanted a few things that were meaningless to me, so I am going to work on that. I just am having a hard time deciding what I pant to spend my "perks" on for my skill set. I've used a few on sneak, deciding what to spend the majority of them on though... Any suggestions on that? I am a dark elf. I think i might use light armor since if i use a lot of magic, wearing robes doesn't provide much armor. Also maybe pick pocketing, love to ****** peoples stuff :P

Side note, anyone that plays this have you had any of the "hired thugs" after you? I had three attack me in Riverwoods and I killed them all, then looted their bodies to find one had a note on who hired them to kill me, love the small things in a game like this.

Posted Image

#49 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

I would just save your perks for the time being, figure out what aspects of the game you enjoy and want to improve on. I'm currently a level 55 and have Smithing, Archery, Destruction, Lock Picking, One-Handed, Heavy Armor, and Speech at 100 and that is absolutely not the route I thought I was going to take when I first started playing. You can't move your perks once they are placed so choose carefully and don't feel like you gotta spend a point just because you have one. You also need to consider that if you want to invest in pick pocketing that you cannot sell stolen items until you join the thieves guild or you get enough perks into your speech to be able to resell stolen goods.

Remember the level cap is 80 so that's how many perks you will be able to spend if you commit that far into the game. It sounds like a lot, but theres around 300 perk slots in the skill tree so technically it's really not a lot. Good luck and keep posting in this thread, I'm always checking back to offer help and advice.

#50 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

I'm lvl 48 and maxed out archery and sneaking. I'm deadly at distance and can stay hidden the whole while, even against multiple enemies as long as I don't get cocky. I did the thief's guild quests and am now the head honcho of the guild. I think it's worth it to spend enough pts in speech to at least get shopkeepers where they will buy everything from you. If you can afford it spend enough to get them to buy stolen goods too. I have gold coming out my ass now and don't have a clue what to spend it on.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#51 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

I ended the main storyline a few days ago. The scenery in the last stage was beautiful. That said, the main quests are very easy if you're above level 40 or so. I won the final battle in about 15 seconds on the highest difficulty level.

Did you guys go with the Stormcloaks or the Imperials?

#52 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

Initially I was going to go with the imperials because that's the race I chose but as the game went on I sided with the Stormcloaks. It had that braveheart kind of appeal to it and felt like the better option after the storyline developed a little bit.

#53 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:32 AM

My female Dunmer is Stormcloak - not because she supports Nordic independance, she just hates the Empire :) Interesting the journey you go on with your characters though, she started out with an angry chip on her shoulder, discovered her concience in High Hrothgaar, and now is becoming more power hungry the more powerful she gets. Now she's a full-on Daedra worshipping Cannibal :)
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#54 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

I ended the main storyline a few days ago. The scenery in the last stage was beautiful. That said, the main quests are very easy if you're above level 40 or so. I won the final battle in about 15 seconds on the highest difficulty level.

Did you guys go with the Stormcloaks or the Imperials?

I finished the game up last week, 121 hours, level 54. Dual wielding axe swinger, sneak, heavy armor, restoration, smithing and enchanting at 100.

I didn't do either the Stormcloak or Imperial side quests, I did broker a peace deal between the two factions toward the end of the main story line....I believe that this is a semi-'secret' quest that you cannot get if you progress too far in the story line for either faction.....I thought it was a great game overall....cannot wait for the expansion.

#55 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

I finished the game up last week, 121 hours, level 54. Dual wielding axe swinger, sneak, heavy armor, restoration, smithing and enchanting at 100.

I didn't do either the Stormcloak or Imperial side quests, I did broker a peace deal between the two factions toward the end of the main story line....I believe that this is a semi-'secret' quest that you cannot get if you progress too far in the story line for either faction.....I thought it was a great game overall....cannot wait for the expansion.

You finished the main quest but no one can really finish the game. There is always something to quest on and you can go to lvl 80. The fact that you didn't choose a side means there is much you could do if you choose to. I can see how completing the main quest can give you a sense of completion but their is so much to do.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#56 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

what!?!?!?! there is a way to make peace between the 2??? geez. I missed that one.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#57 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

I finished the main storyline before the civil war quests also, what had happened in my game was a temporary peace treaty that was broken as soon as I finished. Afterwards I was able to go back through and select stormcloaks or imperials and do that storyline, which I think is probably the case here as well. Those quests should still be available upon completion of the main storyline so double check all of your missions afterwards.

#58 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

You finished the main quest but no one can really finish the game. There is always something to quest on and you can go to lvl 80. The fact that you didn't choose a side means there is much you could do if you choose to. I can see how completing the main quest can give you a sense of completion but their is so much to do.

100% agreed. I finished the main quest, had all the skills to 100 that I was interested in levelling, and finished like 200 misc. quests...and I was getting a little burned out...so I felt like it was a good time to call it 'finished'.

what!?!?!?! there is a way to make peace between the 2??? geez. I missed that one.

Yeah, I think that if you complete too many of the Stormcloak/Imperial quests, you cannot broker the Peace Treaty at all.

I finished the main storyline before the civil war quests also, what had happened in my game was a temporary peace treaty that was broken as soon as I finished. Afterwards I was able to go back through and select stormcloaks or imperials and do that storyline, which I think is probably the case here as well. Those quests should still be available upon completion of the main storyline so double check all of your missions afterwards.

Yep, it's giving me the chance to join either side still after finishing the main storyline...and I may join the Stormcloaks after I finish Arkham City ;)

#59 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

Its crazy really, I'm only 1/3 way through the main quest, halfway through the Daedric quests, third of the way through the Stormcloaks, Thieves Guild broke with a bug after the 1st quest, not joined DB, only just joined companions, but finished Mages college, not done any of 8 Divines quest. Yet, despite this only scratching the surface, and despite no powerlevelling (apart from a little smithing) I'm already lvl 37. Just shows how much there is to this game.

I want to create another character to do things from the other side, but by the time I finish with this character, I'm pretty sure I'll be burnt out
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#60 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

Its crazy really, I'm only 1/3 way through the main quest, halfway through the Daedric quests, third of the way through the Stormcloaks, Thieves Guild broke with a bug after the 1st quest, not joined DB, only just joined companions, but finished Mages college, not done any of 8 Divines quest. Yet, despite this only scratching the surface, and despite no powerlevelling (apart from a little smithing) I'm already lvl 37. Just shows how much there is to this game.

I want to create another character to do things from the other side, but by the time I finish with this character, I'm pretty sure I'll be burnt out

Yeah I tell myself this a lot when I really enjoy a game, as soon as i'm finished i'm going to start a 2nd playthrough but along with Skyrim this is rarely the case. Only games I managed multiple playthroughs on in recent history was Bioshock, Borderlands, and Fallout 3. I think once the expansions are released for Skyrim there's gonna be plenty more to keep us occupied without feeling like a 2nd playthrough is necessary.

I've taken a small break from Skyrim to play Arkham City, but i'll go back to it soon enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users