• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

2012 NHL All Star fan ballot released

Rate this topic

Howard outplays the "hottest" goalie in the league and is not considered for the "all-star" sham. Crosby hasn't played in a year and is the headliner.

Is that enough for the die-hard fans of this silly marketing scam that the ASG has become to see the light?

I also will vote against all of the Wings, and hope they are not selected. I am especially happy Jimmy isn't included. All that show does is promote the agenda of the league management and open a door for injury for our guys. I know it's an exhibition, yeah, I know. Most of the injuries I've observed over the years are freak accidents -- accidents which cannot happen if our players are not present.

Too bad, the old games were exciting, before the money and internal politics took over. <_<

Howard outplays the "hottest" goalie in the league and is not considered for the "all-star" sham. Crosby hasn't played in a year and is the headliner.

Is that enough for the die-hard fans of this silly marketing scam that the ASG has become to see the light?

I also will vote against all of the Wings, and hope they are not selected. I am especially happy Jimmy isn't included. All that show does is promote the agenda of the league management and open a door for injury for our guys. I know it's an exhibition, yeah, I know. Most of the injuries I've observed over the years are freak accidents -- accidents which cannot happen if our players are not present.

Too bad, the old games were exciting, before the money and internal politics took over. <_<

That's overstating it. People rarely get injured in the ASG.

Personally, if I was an NHL player, I'd love to play in the game. You get to play with players you won't have a chance to play with otherwise. It's the one time where all the best players are gathered under one roof for a hockey game.

Also, there's many NHL'ers who will never get to play in the ASG, who'd give anything for a chance to be there one day. You can't take that for granted.

Edited by GMRwings1983

If this is Nicky L's last then I would like for him to get selected. Besides if nothing else it gives him a chance to recruit someone to come to the D next year. Cough Weber or Suter Cough.

And I too am troubled by Crosby being on the ballot without having played in a year. I understand he was on fire last year when he went down, but head injuries do funny things to people, who is to say he is still the same player he was before he was knocked out.

I think you are taking it a little too far. The fans only vote in the starting line up + how often can you say that someone the fans voted in didn't deserve to be there? You can probably find several examples of when certain guys shouldn't have been voted in over other guys, but even if they shouldn't be starting, the vast majority would be all-stars anyway.

In terms of Crosby, all expectations are that he is coming back very soon and the last he played, he was at a level above the competition not seen for a long time (in terms of pure scoring), why wouldn't it make sense for him to be selected to the all star game?

Yes, he's a former all-star, whether he played or not, he was selected.

But I think you are mistaken, he hasn't been selected several times, I think he has only been selected once and he didn't play.

I wasn't aware the All-Star game was based on past performances. I always thought it was just a gathering of the best players that season. If we start awarding based on past talent, it totally takes away the point in my mind. Not to mention you'll hardly ever have turnover. It should be a show-case of the best performers in the league. It should be a reward for awesome performance.

In terms of Crosby, all expectations are that he is coming back very soon and the last he played, he was at a level above the competition not seen for a long time (in terms of pure scoring), why wouldn't it make sense for him to be selected to the all star game?

Thing is he was injured before the 2011 All-Star game, wasn't he? So, over the entire time period relevant to the 2012 All-Star game (from the day after the 2011 game until the day the 2012 game happens) Crosby has played zero games. Yeah I'm positive he'd play well enough to make this year's team if he had a chance but how can you vote someone on a team they shouldn't in all fairness be eligible for? Voting for Crosby this year would be like voting for Yzerman or Gretzky this year-- none of the three played hockey in the year leading up to the game...

Is anyone else having trouble selecting Howard as a write-in? I write his name in and it auto-completes (indicating to me that the name in their system must match) but when I click add nothing happens.

Edited by Drake_Marcus