• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/11 GDT: Oilers 0 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I don't mean any disrespect but the defence this year is far superior than that under the late McCrimmon's defensive scheme. Very impressed with Jimmy as well, he's been a huge part of it. I only really feel uncomfortable with our 3rd pairing right now, but they're young so I don't mind.

And again... go Jimmy!

Why is that?

I picked up season tickets to Notre Dame this year so I will be busy on a lot of Friday and Saturday nights.

As for everyone else, maybe it's just early in the season.

Guest Crymson

I don't mean any disrespect but the defence this year is far superior than that under the late McCrimmon's defensive scheme. Very impressed with Jimmy as well, he's been a huge part of it. I only really feel uncomfortable with our 3rd pairing right now, but they're young so I don't mind.

And again... go Jimmy!

I'd like to see our third pairing be Helm, Abdelkader and Eaves, with a fourth line of Brunnstrom, Miller and Emmerton.

Hudler doesn't fit in.

And again... go Jimmy!

I don't think your being disrespectful because it is true. I really do think that this scheme has been working out very well for the Wings and if it keeps up I think we will make a run for Lord Stanley.

I think the biggest difference is that Stuart Kronwall being the real #1 pairing and Lids have a really solid D partner in White. White is solid on both ends, he is no Raf in the O zone, but then again he is no Raf in the D zone either!

The top 2 pairings are better defensively than they have been in a long time, even before Schnieds I think.

Sure they are not as offensively gifted, but Kronner is off to a great start.

I do think though that the lack of another PP d-man with Lids is hurting the pp though.

I'd like to see our third pairing be Helm, Abdelkader and Eaves, with a fourth line of Brunnstrom, Miller and Emmerton.

Hudler doesn't fit in.

Hudler Helm Abdelkader has been our second best line in the last few games. Thanks to Hudler, that line is semi-dangerous offensively. If you removed Hudler, it would make the line worse.