• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#201 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:07 AM

I don't mean any disrespect but the defence this year is far superior than that under the late McCrimmon's defensive scheme. Very impressed with Jimmy as well, he's been a huge part of it. I only really feel uncomfortable with our 3rd pairing right now, but they're young so I don't mind.

And again... go Jimmy!

#202 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:20 AM

Terrible giveaway by BigRig there.

Posted Image

I don't mean to bash Big E too much. In all seriousness, overall he played a good game. That picture though is just too funny.

Edited by Red Wings Addict, 12 November 2011 - 06:53 AM.

#203 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

Kronner's blast was a beauty! Hank's saucer pass to Fil's goal was gorgeous too and Jimmy Howard rocks! :punk:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#204 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

Why is that?

I picked up season tickets to Notre Dame this year so I will be busy on a lot of Friday and Saturday nights.

As for everyone else, maybe it's just early in the season.

#205 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Guys, I'm pretty much a TV star. You can totally see my back/head after Filppula's goal.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#206 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

Guys, I'm pretty much a TV star. You can totally see my back/head after Filppula's goal.

It's pretty awesome knowing someone famous!

#207 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

Didn't get an opportunity to watch, but loving the results. Go Wings!!!

#208 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

I don't mean any disrespect but the defence this year is far superior than that under the late McCrimmon's defensive scheme. Very impressed with Jimmy as well, he's been a huge part of it. I only really feel uncomfortable with our 3rd pairing right now, but they're young so I don't mind.

And again... go Jimmy!

I'd like to see our third pairing be Helm, Abdelkader and Eaves, with a fourth line of Brunnstrom, Miller and Emmerton.

Hudler doesn't fit in.

#209 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

And again... go Jimmy!

I don't think your being disrespectful because it is true. I really do think that this scheme has been working out very well for the Wings and if it keeps up I think we will make a run for Lord Stanley.

#210 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

I think the biggest difference is that Stuart Kronwall being the real #1 pairing and Lids have a really solid D partner in White. White is solid on both ends, he is no Raf in the O zone, but then again he is no Raf in the D zone either!

The top 2 pairings are better defensively than they have been in a long time, even before Schnieds I think.

Sure they are not as offensively gifted, but Kronner is off to a great start.

I do think though that the lack of another PP d-man with Lids is hurting the pp though.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#211 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:45 AM

I'd like to see our third pairing be Helm, Abdelkader and Eaves, with a fourth line of Brunnstrom, Miller and Emmerton.

Hudler doesn't fit in.

Hudler Helm Abdelkader has been our second best line in the last few games. Thanks to Hudler, that line is semi-dangerous offensively. If you removed Hudler, it would make the line worse.