• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/12 GDT: Stars 2 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

You're right, but I've seen excessive "character" from MLB/NBA/NFL games in years past, hockey doesn't have as many stoppages and it gets pretty insulting for them to talk back and forth amongst each other while the puck is in play for so long. That's what pregame, postgame, intermissions, stoppages, etc. are for. Also I watch too much CBC, TSN, and Sportsnet, where it isn't very often at all play by play and colour chit chat during play, and rarely ever for that long. Can't avoid being annoyed at it, that's what pissed me off about Versus/ABC/NBC/ESPN/FOX/OLN.

Anyhow, I agree with people above that said it was best Homer didn't touch the puck.. instant penalty if he dared.

To the above post, I wouldn't call myself "casual". :lol:

I wasn't referring to you. :) I was making a more general comment- I doubt there are many casual fans on LGW. 'Character' is certainly an opinion, but I can't think of many better commentators.

I like them too. Just sometimes they tend to wander off for too long.

It bugs me how FSD shows replays of only about half of the penalties and lately has had some quite weird camera angles when the puck is in the offensive zone.

IMO Versus is the worst on replays.

Is there a new mic setup tonight? I don't recall hearing the beer guy in the stands before. Maybe Mickey asked him up to the booth.

Guest Shoreline

I wasn't referring to you. :) I was making a more general comment- I doubt there are many casual fans on LGW. 'Character' is certainly an opinion, but I can't think of many better commentators.

IMO Versus is the worst on replays.

Is there a new mic setup tonight? I don't recall hearing the beer guy in the stands before. Maybe Mickey asked him up to the booth.

Dead crowd probably.

Liked the way the boys finished the period off. :)

Regardless of whether that was a deflection Emmerton and Eaves played that very well. Making it as difficult for Raycroft to see the puck as possible. And obviously can't forget Miller digging it out on the side and getting it to White... all in all, a pure effort goal.