Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

11/12 GDT: Stars 2 at Red Wings 5

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#21 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

Lol every time I post a negative Conklin post some fanboys give me negative reputation. Who here is related to the guy haha.

Ya, you'll find out that if for some reason you don't like a Red Wing, you'll get a neg and you'll also be told you aren't a true fan. The year Hudler held out, I amassed a -101 by saying he is horrible and is not worth the money he wants. Seems it took 3 years for him to prove that he isn't worth the money, and most if not 95% of the users on here now agree that he isn't and would welcome a trade. But there are still folks out there that will neg you if you don't like someone. Honestly though, you probably get negged because you just say stuff like "Conklin Sucks." Instead maybe you should give some argument to why you think he is bad, give some insight, maybe there is something you know that folks here don't know. You probably will still get negged by the slappies, but most users won't.

Anyhow, why the heck is Commodore not playing again? If e was gonna be a healthy scratch most nights, they could've saved the $1M and just brought up Exleby or Janik...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#22 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

Dallas is starting off hot, they will start to falter, Wings will win their forth in a row. Howard is a man on a mission this year. I've never been a big Jimmy Howard fan but hot damn 3 shutouts this year and we've only played 15 games. Go Wings

Edited by Jericho613, 12 November 2011 - 03:27 PM.

#23 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

I hope Jimmy plays. I remember 2 years ago, we rode Jimmy pretty hard down the stretch, I think he can handle back to backs. Trust that better than other option.

#24 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

I hope Jimmy plays. I remember 2 years ago, we rode Jimmy pretty hard down the stretch, I think he can handle back to backs. Trust that better than other option.

I'm not saying I dislike Conks or anything butttt, Jimmah(!) obviously gives us the best chance to win and I think we need to ride him as much as possible until we catch up in the standings. Obviously play Conks here and there but right now, we need Jimmah(!) as much as possible.

Ride him now, middle of the season give him some rest, and at the end, depending on where we are in the standings, ride or ease him into the playoffs.

He is on fire right now, I can't wait to see what he does tonight with all this momentum behind him.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#25 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Tonight is the last night of my school's production of Barnum so I'll be stuck behind the keys accompanying. If the timing is like last night I should be home in the middle of the third. Hopefully they come out hard and take it to Dallas early.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#26 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

Anyhow, why the heck is Commodore not playing again? If e was gonna be a healthy scratch most nights, they could've saved the $1M and just brought up Exleby or Janik...

Because Kindl is good.

Commodore makes our defense that much deeper, with Janik and Exelby next in line.

#27 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

Jimmy "Wings MVP" Howard back in net... sweet!

Also more great news... we are not facing Kari Lehtonen tonight, Andrew Raycroft in net!

http://www.mlive.com..._goal_vs_d.html

Not sure which idiot gave you a neg' for this, so i added a plus for it.

So I moved into my new house and I have Direct TV now instead of charter cable. Should be interesting to see if I am able to watch the game or not on TV.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#28 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

Lol every time I post a negative Conklin post some fanboys give me negative reputation. Who here is related to the guy haha.

Who cares he has been absolutely terrible for the Wings, besides the Avs game.

#29 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

Speaking only for myself, not liking Conklin isn't the problem. It's the way you go about saying you don't like him. I come here to talk Red Wings hockey with grown-ups. If you discussed your dislike of Conklin like a grown-up and explained why you think Howard is better/why we should trade him/etc., people would be far less inclined to -1 your posts. A lot of posters here have their issues with players for one reason or another, but they discuss those issues rationally and intelligently (most of the time), and there's no problem.

Food for thought.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#30 markaswell

markaswell

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

any stream tonight?

frwtv? lookin' at you!

go wings!

#31 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

OK BOYS, Filppula: over/under 0.5 shots tonight?

#32 frwtv

frwtv

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

any stream tonight?

frwtv? lookin' at you!

go wings!

I will be streaming again tonight at http://freeredwings.tv, and hopefully there are less issues. I'm not sure what was going on last night but it was frustrating.

#33 Bar Down

Bar Down

Rookie

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

I will be streaming again tonight at http://freeredwings.tv, and hopefully there are less issues. I'm not sure what was going on last night but it was frustrating.

Thanks as always. Your stream is usually awesome which is much appreciated!

#34 markaswell

markaswell

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

awesome! thanks a bunch.....

The streams are great....sometimes i have to refresh, but that's no biggie. clear and smooth for the most part.

#35 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

Just like last night, please.

:siren: :siren: LGW!!! :siren: :siren:
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#36 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

Gah! Two great chances!
Dallas' D just came up huge.

#37 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Great PP- so close to scoring a few times.

#38 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Raycroft is dodging some bullets...

#39 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

I'm here, backlight's on.

Beer-ing up.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#40 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

Lucky bounce...
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman