200 replies to this topic

#61 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

Kronner with another bullet!!!
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#62 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

Holmstrom :siren: :siren: :siren:

Edited by Cloune, 12 November 2011 - 07:38 PM.

#63 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

KRONWALL, YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD.

That new contract is looking good.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#64 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

Kronner! or Homer!

Woot!
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#65 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

Homer says it wasn't his. :lol:

ABV_sig.png

#66 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

I think Homer got that :yowza:

#67 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

I really wish during play Ken/Mickey/Larry would shut the hell up and save the bulls***ting around for the whistles/intermissions.

#68 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

I think Homer got that :yowza:

From the looks of the camera angles that FS Detroit was playing, it appears Kronner's shot went right through and hit Raycroft, rather than Homer.

I really wish during play Ken/Mickey/Larry would shut the hell up and save the bulls***ting around for the whistles/intermissions.

I think they're funny. They add character.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#69 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Did Dats just get hit in the face or something? Looked like he flailed there.

ABV_sig.png

#70 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

Holmström not touching the puck makes for better chances for the goal not being called back.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#71 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

From the looks of the camera angles that FS Detroit was playing, it appears Kronner's shot went right through and hit Raycroft, rather than Homer.

I like the way they call games too. I can see how a casual fan is turned off by the banter, since they often skip semi-important play-by-play calls. As a dedicated fan, knowing all the names and calls, it can be a good change of pace.

#72 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

You're right, but I've seen excessive "character" from MLB/NBA/NFL games in years past, hockey doesn't have as many stoppages and it gets pretty insulting for them to talk back and forth amongst each other while the puck is in play for so long. That's what pregame, postgame, intermissions, stoppages, etc. are for. Also I watch too much CBC, TSN, and Sportsnet, where it isn't very often at all play by play and colour chit chat during play, and rarely ever for that long. Can't avoid being annoyed at it, that's what pissed me off about Versus/ABC/NBC/ESPN/FOX/OLN.

Anyhow, I agree with people above that said it was best Homer didn't touch the puck.. instant penalty if he dared.

To the above post, I wouldn't call myself "casual". I don't need play by play because I can't follow the puck or don't know who has what number. :lol: It's because it's rude and as if the people watching the game don't exist --- I figured the point of doing a live broadcast in the first place was the viewers. The type of chatter seen while the puck is in play is better served for the long intermissions or between whistles. I know this is the Madden effect long absorbed by NHL broadcasts in the states but it's no less irritating. It's generally not a big deal with Wing broadcasts but like before and after the goal it annoyed the piss out of me.

Edited by Shoreline, 12 November 2011 - 07:54 PM.

#73 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Honestly, if you can't accurately aim a slap shot from there just take it and wrist it. Stuart missed two shots wide on easy chances.

Also, Franzen isnt' playing at the same intensity level as his linemates, perfect example on that offside. Way too drifty.

flip shouldn't pass backwards so close to the blue line, he's gotta wait till he's in the zone. Mule is skating pretty good and using his body out there. Skating fast isn't the easiest thing when you're as big as he is.

#74 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

I like the way they call games too. I can see how a casual fan is turned off by the banter, since they often skip semi-important play-by-play calls. As a dedicated fan, knowing all the names and calls, it can be a good change of pace.

I like them too. Just sometimes they tend to wander off for too long.

It bugs me how FSD shows replays of only about half of the penalties and lately has had some quite weird camera angles when the puck is in the offensive zone.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#75 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Off to get some noms. Gonna let the DVR do the rest.

Enjoy everyone.

#76 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

You're right, but I've seen excessive "character" from MLB/NBA/NFL games in years past, hockey doesn't have as many stoppages and it gets pretty insulting for them to talk back and forth amongst each other while the puck is in play for so long. That's what pregame, postgame, intermissions, stoppages, etc. are for. Also I watch too much CBC, TSN, and Sportsnet, where it isn't very often at all play by play and colour chit chat during play, and rarely ever for that long. Can't avoid being annoyed at it, that's what pissed me off about Versus/ABC/NBC/ESPN/FOX/OLN.

Anyhow, I agree with people above that said it was best Homer didn't touch the puck.. instant penalty if he dared.

To the above post, I wouldn't call myself "casual". :lol:

I wasn't referring to you. :) I was making a more general comment- I doubt there are many casual fans on LGW. 'Character' is certainly an opinion, but I can't think of many better commentators.

I like them too. Just sometimes they tend to wander off for too long.

It bugs me how FSD shows replays of only about half of the penalties and lately has had some quite weird camera angles when the puck is in the offensive zone.

IMO Versus is the worst on replays.

Is there a new mic setup tonight? I don't recall hearing the beer guy in the stands before. Maybe Mickey asked him up to the booth.

#77 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

That Bud Light commercial with the wimpy dude who can't climb more than three inches up the rock wall is incredibly annoying.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#78 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

OT: Lucic apparently hit Miller in the Bos-Buffalo game pretty hard. Miller went to play the puck to void a Lucic breakaway, and Lucic nailed him.

#79 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

I wasn't referring to you. :) I was making a more general comment- I doubt there are many casual fans on LGW. 'Character' is certainly an opinion, but I can't think of many better commentators.

IMO Versus is the worst on replays.

Is there a new mic setup tonight? I don't recall hearing the beer guy in the stands before. Maybe Mickey asked him up to the booth.

Dead crowd probably.

Liked the way the boys finished the period off. :)

#80 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

Nice hit by Kindl on Ryder there. :lol:

#3 of the season for White!!!!! :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)