• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

luvmnger

going to first live game!

Rate this topic

my close friends just sprung a christmas present on me and bought us tickets to the coyotes/wings game on jan. 19th.

does anybody have any tips on lodging, bars, restaurants the wings may hang out in after hours?

lookin to get an autograph or two for our son & daughter who are gonna miss it.

any help is appreciated!

GO WINGS!

Pheonix is a growing city that has a lot to do around there.

Look around local websites and there are all kinds of suggestions on there.

I'm with ya though, I'll be seeing my 2nd live game in March. I'll never forget my 1st though....most people don't....

Guest Shoreline

Try to get as low of a seat as you can get maybe they'll let you down near the bottom since there's virtually no one that goes to Coyotes games.

And congrats on your first game! Hopefully many more to go. :)

i will be in section 121 row I seats 9-13

3 Wing fans and a packer fan + wife that i am workin' on convertin'

we will be in the wings attacking zone for 1st. and 3rd. about 10 rows up from glass!

maybe flying or driving....9 hours or 1 hour. hmmmm.

the whole area around the arena is a mini town with a ton of sweet bars and restaurants. margarita ville, another sweet western themed bar with mechanical bulls.

just watch out for PHX fans, they think they know something about hockey

Try to get as low of a seat as you can get maybe they'll let you down near the bottom since there's virtually no one that goes to Coyotes games.

you'd actually be surprised about this, in that it doesn't work like that. i've gone to every wings/coyotes games for the past 8 or 9 years and they sellout or approach sellout every time. lots of wings fans travel from around the state and even as far as san diego to come watch. and with the premium pricing its hard to get down to glass level since they jack the price up so much, and with the team making the playoffs in recent years and gaining a little popularity in the city its become sort of the "place to be" among rich folks a la the ducks during their surrounding cup years (who ****** the good seats up and have not the slightest clue about the game)

either way, ill be in section 119, best seats in the house for watching the wings attack twice!

Guest Shoreline

If you stand up and wave, we can probably pick you out of the crowd there :ph34r: :ph34r:

If the poster responding to me is right about it being a sellout crowd, it would be mostly filled with Wings fans so I dunno about that. :lol:

well, i will be wearing a white #22 Ciccarelli and my co-horts will be wearing a black practice jersey and my other red home jersey.

the other couple will probably be wearing packers gear...you wont miss them.

thanks westwing... for the practice info...i will do my best to get some handcocks.

thanks shoreline....he was a sight for sore eyes.

hiei...i might just make up a fabric sign and wave it incessantly!

MDtizzle...if your sources are good...you may have just sold 2 rooms!

jhoop..keep you eyes peeled in case i get in a donneybrook. (my 2 friends have a knack for talkin trash) remember....section 121. hehe.

thanks for all your help everyone!

Except when the Wings play there, then the arena is sold out!

MDtizzle...if your sources are good...you may have just sold 2 rooms!

Hey - i dont hang around here much, so - sorry bout the late reply. My "good source" is a friend who was visiting for a completely different reason, wound up staying at the same hotel, meeting/hanging out with most of the swedes and a few of the others at the pool, the lazy river, the poolside bar etc. during the day / afternoon.. got autographs and pics.

It was the Desert Ridge JW Marriott. obviously I'd have no way of knowing where they'd stay this year but even if you end up there, and they don't, you can't lose- pretty nice digs. anyway I forgot the Camelback resort is now a JW marriott too.. so be sure you dont end up there (although it's pretty nice itself)

Have fun, it's always a wings home game in the desert

mdt