• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

She was mentioned once in the article- she is pretty good looking. No mention of his new car either.

Ha. He must really love his dog. He and Patty Eaves now have even more in common.

#22 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:54 AM

From what we know right now, it just seems as if Helm and Mursak seem like a perfect fit. In my mind, it's mostly because they're both fast and have a taste for dangling the puck.

Mursak is a better finisher for sure but he's still more of a playmaker in my mind. So is Helm. Therefore they need a finisher. I'm looking at you, Abby or Cleary.

#23 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

MLive

Right wing Jan Mursak practiced with the team today for the first time since suffering a broken ankle in a preseason game on Sept. 25.

He's hobbling around, it's going to take him some time, but he'll get himself ready to go then he'll go to Grand Rapids and get started and come back,'' Babcock said.

Mursak said he's about two weeks away from being able to play. He'll go to the Griffins on a conditioning stint (maximum 14 days) and then return to Detroit.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#24 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

In short, it isn't like a knee injury. The key is to make sure you are healed 100% before you come back.

agreed. mursak will be his old self sooner or later. the key is definitely making sure he's 100% before he plays. and with the amount of depth the wings have, this will obviously be no problem.... I look forward to mursak's play in the future.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#25 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:21 AM

Mursak has begun traveling with the team to practice and get treatment, but Babcock said: "Until he can turn and have agility, hes not even close. Hes coming, but I havent seen any agility out of him yet."

http://www.mlive.com...s_determin.html

Boooo...

#26 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

The important thing is that he doesn't rush it. He'll be good to go sooner or later, but don't try to do too much, too soon.

What we're seeing from Conner is what Mursak will provide, except Jan's bigger and has better hands. Take nothing away from Conner though, he's been terrific.

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 14 December 2011 - 09:01 AM.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#27 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

The important thing is that he doesn't rush it. He'll be good to go sooner or later, but don't try to do too much, too soon.

What we're seeing from Conner is what Mursak will provide, except Jan's bigger and has better hands. Take nothing away from Conner though, he's been terrific.

Mursak provides a lot more than Connor. Connor looks great because his speed meshes well with Helm, Mursak will look even better I think.

Connor only has speed really, Mursak is just as fast but has hands, a bit of a scoring touch and is about as physical as Helm.

He has a lot more dimensions to his game than Connor who can only beat you with speed. Mursak can lay you out if he wants, blow around you, dangle you and has a pretty good shot. He's going to be a solid third liner, maybe second liner for a lot of years here

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#28 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

MLive

Quick update on forward Jan Mursak:

The Detroit Red Wings activated him today and assigned him to the Grand Rapids Griffins for a conditioning stint that can last up to two weeks.

Mursak said Tuesday that he expected to play tonight in Lake Erie. He has been out since Sept. 25 with a broken left ankle.

He anticipated playing between 4-6 games with the Griffins but could be brought back to Detroit sooner if the Red Wings have another injury and need him.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#29 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

I'll try to watch the game tonight. I hope he plays.

#30 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

I'm excited about this guy... He and Helm should be just great to watch! Cleary would be perfect fit on that line, better hands than Abby.

#31 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

Yep I'm definitely watching tonight, all eyes on Jan! :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#32 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

Mursak with an assist. However the Griffins are down 3-5.

#33 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

Very nice assist it was too, all thanks to his speed and hands. :thumbup:

#34 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

He may or may not play today. Regardless it's great to have him back in the rotation. :thumbup:

I'm excited for him but I'm wary of instilling some patience in my personal expectations and my own eye-ball test for him. I feel like I should wait out for a nice set of games before I expect to see him in tip top game shape.

#35 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

He may or may not play today. Regardless it's great to have him back in the rotation. :thumbup:

I'm excited for him but I'm wary of instilling some patience in my personal expectations and my own eye-ball test for him. I feel like I should wait out for a nice set of games before I expect to see him in tip top game shape.

Great post, spot on.

So what did everyone make of his return tonight? I know I'm a huge fan, and biased, but I thought he looked great. He had that great chance early but it was blocked, he very nearly had a 2-on-1 with Helm, and all night he was skating hard and getting into dangerous positions.

10:34 TOI, 3 SOG, 1 block.

I love his agility, his ability to stop and start on his skates along the boards, it throws defencemen off and gives him time and space. The third line forced Pheonix to ice the puck 3 times tonight, and they had a fantastic shift in the 3rd period just before Franzen tied it up.

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 12 January 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#36 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

So what did everyone make of his return tonight? I know I'm a huge fan, and biased, but I thought he looked great. He had that great chance early but it was blocked, he very nearly had a 2-on-1 with Helm, and all night he was skating hard and getting into dangerous positions.

No wayyy, you? Get out of town... :P

I personally thought he was fine. I was only hoping for a solid start from him and I feel pretty good about where he is tonight and I hope he can take another step forward in the next game he plays.

#37 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

In my opinion he played very well for a rookie who's just coming off an injury. Not making any big mistakes and creating some energy.

-- Mitch Albom

#38 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

He looked good tonight but ughhh the third line tonight gave up way too many turnovers tonight. All in all though Mursak looked better than I thought he would look so that is a +.

#39 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

"The ankle feels good, no pain," Mursak said. "I feel really comfortable. I dont think about it. Its pretty strong now. No worries."

Detroit coach Mike Babcock said Mursak is back to square one.

"Anytime youre a kid and youve been out a long time its tough," Babcock said. "But in saying that he was a very bright spot in training camp and we knew he was going to be an important player for us. We hope to get him rolling."

Bertuzzi is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.

Nice quote by Babs. Hopefully even if Bert is right to go Saturday Jan still plays in place of Cory.

#40 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

He looked good tonight but ughhh the third line tonight gave up way too many turnovers tonight. All in all though Mursak looked better than I thought he would look so that is a +.

IMO Helm or Mursak should be swapped with Abby. The fourth line desperately needs some speed, and Abby is good at holding onto the puck and getting it for the cycle.

Mursak looked as good as expected after a missing a large amount of games.