• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
P. Marlowe

Ryan Miller's opinion on Milan Lucic

Rate this topic

Nice complete lack of reading comprehension there. First, I clearly said "attempted", I never said he landed it, which he did attempt it, as you can see by the video he looks like he was going high with his stick, and got as high as he could while on his ass. I also never said two handed. Nice attempt at twisting what I said to try to make your counterpoint (or lack thereof) seem more compelling, though...

For starters, he takes a reactionary swipe at the leg. There is nothing terrible about that. Were you going off on Franzen when he tapped Thornton in the leg? Same exact type of slash.

Second, I read the Mcsorely from another poster and attributed that to you. My mistake.

Third, no need to act like a dick. It's childish.

All Lucic's fault.

I'm sure he didn't mean to push the puck that far ahead, but by doing so he gave Miller the chance to get to it first, which he did. That's smart/aggressive goal-tending and I love it. Lucic did not have to hit Miller. It was not a "no other option" situation. That was just dumb on his part. I agree goalies get too much protection a lot of the time, but in this situation it's foolish to say Miller should have expected to be hit.

I'm the biggest supporter of physical, tough hockey, but how can anyone seriously defend that play?

Regardless of what we all think should be in the rules, the bottom line is its against the rules to hit a goalie in hockey. The grow up getting hit with pucks, not learning how to take a hit and their equipment is not designed to take a hit at all. Their helmets fall off from shots, so god knows what a 230 lb physical freak of nature like Lucic could do.

He blatantly hit him, threw his hands up and everything didnt even attempt to move.

I would love Lucic on Detroit but he is a huge meathead and this is a clear example.

Any McSorely references related to the Miller attempted slash are R-E-tarded.

Listening to Lucic's postgame interview makes it worse. First tries to make the excuse that he wasn't looking, then bracing himself, because there was supposedly nothing he could do. Then, make a comment that (I'm paraphrasing) "If that happened to our goaltender we would have taken care of it, but we're a different team then they are". Essentially, yeah, he did it, but what are they going to do about it?

Wrong attitude to have. Difference between grit and goon.

Miller is very lucky he didn't connect with his stick there, it looked to me like he swung that goalie stick around like he was going for a Mcsorley....which is more of a piece s*** move if you ask imo don't skate to the hash marks, at Lucic of all people.

Agreed, but Lucic is lucky Patrick Kaleta wasn't on the ice or else he would have got hit by something much worse than Miller's stick...actually hit about 20 times with something worse. Kaleta is a beast.

Note: Haha, I just found a youtube video of Lucic busting Kalata in the nose. Oops.

Edited by kipwinger

That was a bulls*** hit, bar none. Lucic leveled him after Miller cleared the puck....and he's the ******* goalie. Clearly no attempt to play the puck. And...did I mention he's the goalie? That's just childish. If Jimmy got run like that I'm sure there would be a different attitude around here. I'd love to see how the Bruins would have reacted if that was Thomas.

If words could describe how much I hate Lucic, I'd be the next Hemingway.

I hate that hunchback spotpicker like no one else.

And the Sabres need an enforcer on their team for a game like that. Boston ran Miller again later in the game with no repercussions.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I'm the biggest supporter of physical, tough hockey, but how can anyone seriously defend that play?

Regardless of what we all think should be in the rules, the bottom line is its against the rules to hit a goalie in hockey. The grow up getting hit with pucks, not learning how to take a hit and their equipment is not designed to take a hit at all. Their helmets fall off from shots, so god knows what a 230 lb physical freak of nature like Lucic could do.

He blatantly hit him, threw his hands up and everything didnt even attempt to move.

I would love Lucic on Detroit but he is a huge meathead and this is a clear example.

Lucic should be attacked by homosexual werewolves with STD's.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Any McSorely references related to the Miller attempted slash are R-E-tarded.

Listening to Lucic's postgame interview makes it worse. First tries to make the excuse that he wasn't looking, then bracing himself, because there was supposedly nothing he could do. Then, make a comment that (I'm paraphrasing) "If that happened to our goaltender we would have taken care of it, but we're a different team then they are". Essentially, yeah, he did it, but what are they going to do about it?

Wrong attitude to have. Difference between grit and goon.

I agree with this 100 percent! It must be a joint Yooper-Shanahan appreciation between the two of us as fans. What disturbs me about this whole thread is how differing people within this thread consider this type of play "fair ball" when we all know that it would be a different reaction had this been Howard. The rules exist for a reason because goaltenders that match Lucic's size are few and far between. Secondly, I'd be curious to know what Ryan's brother thinks about this entire thing from a player versus goaltender perspective.

what pisses me off about the homer broadcasters for Boston is how they talk about Lucic being justified and how the Bruins must have his back? Are you kidding????!!! I hate homer observations like this that make a mockery of common sense. I love the physical aspect of the game, but it's nice to see "class" displayed when an opportunity to gravely injure a fellow hockey player is shown. This is the home of Steve Yzerman afterall. Would he consider that a hockey play just because Miller made a play on the puck to prevent a scoring opportunity? I think not!

i want to retire the word "gutless."

it is way overused in hockey.

Really? How would you describe that sort of play? I consider Lucic to be a goon-sized gutless scrub? Does the succession of overused adjectives offend you?

Well, the Bruins bullied the Canucks into the Stanley Cup last year, so it seems to be working for them. They're just like Anaheim in 2007. You can win the Cup nowadays and be a team full of fighters.

I just hate them because there's too many players on their team I despise, and I wish someone would pound Lucic and Chara's faces already. Unfortunately, neither of those guys fight heavies unless the moon is blue.

TSN.ca

The Buffalo Sabres will be without Ryan Miller for an undetermined amount of time because of a concussion.

(...)

As a result, Lucic has a disciplinary hearing tomorrow at 1pm et with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.

(...)

"If this hit and other types of hits like this are not suspended, we are opening up the possibility of losing goaltenders to injury," Regier told the News. "And not just injury, but concussion.

"When I look at the position of goaltending, in a lot of ways it's not unlike quarterback in football," Regier continued. "I feel very strongly the protection has to be provided and players committing these types of action should be punished."

I hope Lucicici will be suspended for at least 15 games and I hope one day Wings goaltender will be smashed to the ice so all on this board will get the ******* point. It's one thing when you hit a defenceman he is prepared to take the hit and it's totaly diferent when you are runing a goaltender when he knows you will not do it.

The rulebook doesn't allow goaltenders to be hit. Period, full stop. Inna da crease, outta da crease, doesn't matter. Lucic made full body contact with a netminder, and

I don't know what the new precedent is, but concussing a goaltender on a hit should get SOMETHING.

The birth of a rivalry?

Lucic will likely get a few games. Outside of Cody McCormick, Buffalo is pretty soft. Gaustad doesn't fight much anymore. Kaleta is more of an agitator, but he'll fight from time to time.

With Miller's comments, there's no way the following Bruins/Sabres game goes without some kind of incident.

Mixed feelings for sure, but here they are:

- Love Miller, but think goaltenders sometimes put themselves in situations where they should be considered a skater at least to some degree.

- This is not one of those situations, Miller cleared the puck, Lucic finished afterwards. A goalie is a goalie, these aren't new rules.

- Great to hear Miller react to the hit in a way other than it being 'unfortunate' or 'reckless', speak your mind. Love candid players.

- Hate Boston, like the way Lucic plays and would love him on the Wings, but he has the propensity for dumb, reckless plays like this.

- Immediately just outright hated the play because of the Boston homers. Seriously, worst in hockey by a wide margin.

- Looking forward to some sort of backlash, either on Lucic, Miller, or both, but there shouldn't be. Tape describing why it was dumb. Done.

The more I look at the hit, the more I don't like it. Now, in light of the injury to Miller, the league definitely needs to crack down and set a precedent quick. I'm guessing 3 games, hoping for 5, just 'cause I want to hear the Boston homers ***** and moan. "b-b-but we're SOOOO tough, its not our fault" :P

Edited by b.shanafan14