• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#21 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

It's funny cause no one on Buffalo is going to take on Lucic and if they did I'm pretty sure Lucic would wipe the floor with them. Regardless blah stuff like this happens. Glad to see Miller wasn't injured but if goalies leave the crease like that to play the puck imo they should be fair game.

#22 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

It's funny cause no one on Buffalo is going to take on Lucic and if they did I'm pretty sure Lucic would wipe the floor with them. Regardless blah stuff like this happens. Glad to see Miller wasn't injured but if goalies leave the crease like that to play the puck imo they should be fair game.

Agree, but not sure that's much the point here. It was a blatant penalty, not someone battling with a goalie for the puck.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#23 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

Just a stupid stupid play by Lucic, and I for one hope some one on Buffalo finds the balls to take him next time they play. As for people saying that miller trying to slash him in the head??? Comparing it to Mcsorley??? That's a joke in its self. He took a one handed half ass swipe at Lucics legs, and people are saying that is disgusting. Stuff like that happens 20x a game behind the play.

As for Miller speaking his mind, I'm glad he did. I understand why some are of you are calling it fair game but the rules are the rules. If you make it open season on goalies half the starters would be hurt in the first two months. The are protected for a reason. Players wouldnt hit a goalie to knock him off the puck, which a lot of the hits in the NHL are. They would hit the goalie to get him out of the game. To hurt him to get the back up in.

#24 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

A one handed swipe to the leg equates to a two handed slash to the side of the head?

:lol:

Nice complete lack of reading comprehension there. First, I clearly said "attempted", I never said he landed it, which he did attempt it, as you can see by the video he looks like he was going high with his stick, and got as high as he could while on his ass. I also never said two handed. Nice attempt at twisting what I said to try to make your counterpoint (or lack thereof) seem more compelling, though...

#25 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

Would have loved to see Hasek in that situation ala Gaborik - probably would have been nuts enough to fight Lucic too.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#26 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

While I agree that a goalie that far out of the crease should be fair game, the fact is, according to the rules of the game today, they are not. Therefore, Miller had no reason to expect he would be hit like that and no reason to protect himself from it. Lucic very certainly knows that rule, and so knew Miller was in a vulnerable position. Seems like a clear attempt to injure to me, and if it was my call Lucic would be sitting for a few games. I'd also suspend Miller for the attempted slash.

I'm very well versed on the rules of the game, which is why I mentioned "charging", but I'm not exactly limiting my opinion of the discussion to what the rules state.

Edited by Shoreline, 13 November 2011 - 01:16 PM.

#27 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

Nice complete lack of reading comprehension there. First, I clearly said "attempted", I never said he landed it, which he did attempt it, as you can see by the video he looks like he was going high with his stick, and got as high as he could while on his ass. I also never said two handed. Nice attempt at twisting what I said to try to make your counterpoint (or lack thereof) seem more compelling, though...

For starters, he takes a reactionary swipe at the leg. There is nothing terrible about that. Were you going off on Franzen when he tapped Thornton in the leg? Same exact type of slash.

Second, I read the Mcsorely from another poster and attributed that to you. My mistake.

Third, no need to act like a dick. It's childish.

Posted Image

#28 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

here is video of what he said

#29 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

All Lucic's fault.

I'm sure he didn't mean to push the puck that far ahead, but by doing so he gave Miller the chance to get to it first, which he did. That's smart/aggressive goal-tending and I love it. Lucic did not have to hit Miller. It was not a "no other option" situation. That was just dumb on his part. I agree goalies get too much protection a lot of the time, but in this situation it's foolish to say Miller should have expected to be hit.

#30 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

I'm the biggest supporter of physical, tough hockey, but how can anyone seriously defend that play?

Regardless of what we all think should be in the rules, the bottom line is its against the rules to hit a goalie in hockey. The grow up getting hit with pucks, not learning how to take a hit and their equipment is not designed to take a hit at all. Their helmets fall off from shots, so god knows what a 230 lb physical freak of nature like Lucic could do.

He blatantly hit him, threw his hands up and everything didnt even attempt to move.

I would love Lucic on Detroit but he is a huge meathead and this is a clear example.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#31 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

Any McSorely references related to the Miller attempted slash are R-E-tarded.

Listening to Lucic's postgame interview makes it worse. First tries to make the excuse that he wasn't looking, then bracing himself, because there was supposedly nothing he could do. Then, make a comment that (I'm paraphrasing) "If that happened to our goaltender we would have taken care of it, but we're a different team then they are". Essentially, yeah, he did it, but what are they going to do about it?

Wrong attitude to have. Difference between grit and goon.

#32 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

Miller is very lucky he didn't connect with his stick there, it looked to me like he swung that goalie stick around like he was going for a Mcsorley....which is more of a piece s*** move if you ask imo don't skate to the hash marks, at Lucic of all people.

Agreed, but Lucic is lucky Patrick Kaleta wasn't on the ice or else he would have got hit by something much worse than Miller's stick...actually hit about 20 times with something worse. Kaleta is a beast.

Note: Haha, I just found a youtube video of Lucic busting Kalata in the nose. Oops.

Edited by kipwinger, 13 November 2011 - 02:57 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#33 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

That was a bulls*** hit, bar none. Lucic leveled him after Miller cleared the puck....and he's thef****** goalie. Clearly no attempt to play the puck. And...did I mention he's the goalie? That's just childish. If Jimmy got run like that I'm sure there would be a different attitude around here. I'd love to see how the Bruins would have reacted if that was Thomas.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#34 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#35 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

I think it was a gutless and dangerous play by Lucic.

#36 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

If words could describe how much I hate Lucic, I'd be the next Hemingway.

I hate that hunchback spotpicker like no one else.

And the Sabres need an enforcer on their team for a game like that. Boston ran Miller again later in the game with no repercussions.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 13 November 2011 - 03:58 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#37 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

I'm the biggest supporter of physical, tough hockey, but how can anyone seriously defend that play?

Regardless of what we all think should be in the rules, the bottom line is its against the rules to hit a goalie in hockey. The grow up getting hit with pucks, not learning how to take a hit and their equipment is not designed to take a hit at all. Their helmets fall off from shots, so god knows what a 230 lb physical freak of nature like Lucic could do.

He blatantly hit him, threw his hands up and everything didnt even attempt to move.

I would love Lucic on Detroit but he is a huge meathead and this is a clear example.

Lucic should be attacked by homosexual werewolves with STD's.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 13 November 2011 - 03:58 PM.

#38 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Guastad could have taken Lucic, it wasn't a hard hit, I think that is why the Sabres didn't really respond. Miller is just being a typical baby goalie, he probably sprained his neck on the embellishment.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#39 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Wonder what the reaction here would be if Howard was run like that?

Same as Buffalo's reaction. None of our euros would have done s*** to Lucic or anyone else.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 13 November 2011 - 04:00 PM.

#40 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

Who's the closest player on the Sabres to being an effective enforcer?