• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
P. Marlowe

Ryan Miller's opinion on Milan Lucic

Rate this topic

Weak fight.

I'm a Thomas fan so I don't want it to happen, but if the Sabres want retribution, they should take a run at him. See if Shanny sticks with his goalies are fair game policy.

Yeah but make sure it's a star on the Buffalo team. Maybe send Tyler Myers in there.

Weak fight.

I'm a Thomas fan so I don't want it to happen, but if the Sabres want retribution, they should take a run at him. See if Shanny sticks with his goalies are fair game policy.

As I said, earlier, they should have hired some goons for this game.

I was thinking of the final game in "Slapshot", when their opponents brought back all those former legendary goons just to play the Chiefs.

Brad May would've killed Chara, Lucic, and Thomas all at once.

I don't think this is done. We'll probably see more.

May was a good fighter, but don't know how he'd fare against Chara.

The big idiot would have used his size advantage to outreach May and eventually go for the takedown.

I want to see Chara fight against a legit heavy, but it rarely happens, and when it does, Chara bails on the fight real quickly, in order to avoid embarrassment.

May was a good fighter, but don't know how he'd fare against Chara.

The big idiot would have used his size advantage to outreach May and eventually go for the takedown.

I want to see Chara fight against a legit heavy, but it rarely happens, and when it does, Chara bails on the fight real quickly, in order to avoid embarrassment.

I remember he dropped the gloves with Laraque a few years back, and Laraque threw one punch, and Chara "slipped" to the ice.

When he was with Ottawa, he scrapped with Eric Cairns. Threw a few while Cairns' jersey was over his head, but when Cairns threw a punch, Chara went down.

I'd like to see him go with John Scott, Brian McGrattan, Matt Carkner, Colton Orr, and John Erskine. He'd "slip and fall" in every single of those scraps. ******* spot-picker.

Although I will give him credit for smoking David Koci years ago. Then again, I remember Koci more for being a cheap ass, throwing punches after the refs came in, than being a good fighter.

I remember he dropped the gloves with Laraque a few years back, and Laraque threw one punch, and Chara "slipped" to the ice.

When he was with Ottawa, he scrapped with Eric Cairns. Threw a few while Cairns' jersey was over his head, but when Cairns threw a punch, Chara went down.

I'd like to see him go with John Scott, Brian McGrattan, Matt Carkner, Colton Orr, and John Erskine. He'd "slip and fall" in every single of those scraps. ******* spot-picker.

Although I will give him credit for smoking David Koci years ago. Then again, I remember Koci more for being a cheap ass, throwing punches after the refs came in, than being a good fighter.

Not sure why anyone would want him going up against a fighter/goon anyway. He's a norris worthy type defensement, you don't want him sitting in the box regularly. The guy is one of if not the strongest guys in the league, but he is not a "fighter." That's why you don't neccessarily see him going up against pure fighters regularly and I wouldn't expect him to or hold anything against him for not. If he gets into a fight with another team's goon, then the other team got what they wanted, they got him off the ice.

As a goalie of 20+ years and much experience doing what Miller did I feel I can put my two cents forward:

I feel if a goalie leaves the net to play the puck in front of him he's fair game, he's essentially a defenseman. But if he's behind the net playing the puck and defenseless then obviously hitting him is a no-no. There were many times I rushed out to try and shoot a puck away and got checked. I was fine with it, I knew there was a chance I'm getting ran over, that's the risk I took. And this is in Midgets, not quite Pro level hockey. I'm thinking twice if I have a 6'4'' 230 lbs monster heading towards me at full speed.

It was dumb on Lucic's part because he made it pretty obvious he was just going for the hit. At least try to sell you "accidently" bumped into him. Or just try to get out of the way, I think he had some time to at least attempt to get out of the way.