• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miksteri

Swedish balls

Rate this topic

Am I the only one here disappointed?

With paper, and pen in hand I was hoping to jot down Mrs. Lidstrom's famous Swedish meatball recipe dry.gif

I was hoping for a locker room pic, if you know what I mean. Hi-O!

The play itself wasn't dirty imo, but that has too be one of the poorest-executed hipchecks I have ever seen.

Hipcheck? How can you hipcheck a guy without the puck? Persson had the puck and Vaananen was going to hit HIM, fair and square. Persson dodged the hit dangerously by going low. Vaananen could've gone to the boards head first.

If you aren't man enough to take a hit, stay off the ice.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Hipcheck? How can you hipcheck a guy without the puck? Persson had the puck and Vaananen was going to hit HIM, fair and square. Persson dodged the hit dangerously by going low. Vaananen could've gone to the boards head first.

Scott Stevens was known to do it. It isn't really cheap at all.

I agree with that it seemed to be more of a ***** play than anything, but throwing a hipcheck there is fine, this was just terribly executed.

here is lindros doing it to chara, nothing wrong with it

And that clip is a real hockey battle, the finn vs swede clip was not.

Not completely unlike what Yzerman did to Pronger.

Yes, hipcheck. How do you hipcheck a guy without the puck? Same way you do with a guy that has the puck. I don't see what the issue is here. One guy is coming in for a hit, leaving him fair game for a hipcheck, what's the issue? Are you telling me that you think there is a problem with a guy trying to avoid getting hit when he sees it coming?

I would say if you're going to charge at a guy don't expect him to just take your hit like a docile lamb. Does not a player have a right to protect himself? Is getting drilled into the boards the only right way to take a hit? Over-reaction by the refs on what looked like, but turned out not to be, a dangerous play.

If that's ok there across the pond then I'll guess we have a cultural difference here. No need to continue the discussion any further. I am amazed, though.

I'm on the same side of the pond as you and I don't get what's the big deal. Some members of Finnish national team complained about what Persson did but I think this incident will be forgotten soon.

how'd the Swedish Capt get called for clipping when he was basically standing still?

The only call there was 2 min roughing on the Finnish player as far as i can see.

Väänänen got 2+2 for that incident, swede only got 2.

To be honest, I had no idea the Finn got a penalty, what were the calls? Is the problem that the Swede should have gotten a longer penalty for ducking?

I just think that ducking like that was dangerous to the hitter if u watch how finn flew head first close to the boards. Finn was penalized for hittin the swede.