• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#461 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 766 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

Not a fan of the off night. Think you know it wasn't a fun one tonight when you see Nick saying, "Are you f**king sh*tting me?" to end the game. Sums it up pretty nicely.

Ho hum. Hopeful bounce back next game. Really would be a long regular season if Wings are streaky with wins and losses.

Cheers everyone.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#462 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

Am I the only one who finds it strange that Hudler is getting the majority of the scorn right now considering the performance of Datsyuk and Zetterberg?

I'll admit that Cleary and Hudler have been terrible. But where are the leaders on forward? Franzen seems to be our go to guy now and he takes off nights, so how can this team stay competitive when we have two stars who aren't playing like it and a goal scorer who is taking on a role he shouldn't be taking?

covered that in one of my previous posts...but apparently i only posted that because i "want them to do poorly".

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#463 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

What the hell happened to Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg? I understand their linemates (especially Pavel's) are pretty rough at times, but those two have always produced regardless of their wingers. They didn't play well together either so blaming it on the current situation isn't entirely fair. The best players make everyone around them better and quite frankly neither has look interested most games so far. It's going to be a very long year if those two don't get it together quickly.

The Red Wings look so slow too. Granted, no forecheck and clogging the neutral zone like Hitchcock always does will do that to teams. So glad we get to watch the boring ass Blues, Predators and Blue Jackets 18 times while the Red Wings look completely lost trying to pass through four guys at the blueline each game.

I feel bad for Jimmy Howard. He competes harder than the rest of the team combined besides a 41-year-old Lidstrom and Darren Helm. Losing is one thing, but this lack of effort is so unacceptable. Nothing will change either unless Holland forces it to happen. Too many comfortable players that have been here that can't/won't put in the effort because there are no consequences nor alternatives.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#464 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

Now, what to do to dispel the ennui the Wings seem to be suffering from?

It's only one game.

#465 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Not a fan of the off night. Think you know it wasn't a fun one tonight when you see Nick saying, "Are you f**king sh*tting me?" to end the game. Sums it up pretty nicely.

Ho hum. Hopeful bounce back next game. Really would be a long regular season if Wings are streaky with wins and losses.

Cheers everyone.

The Perfect Human uses imperfect language? I didn't think he had it in him. I didn't know it was possible for him to gain even more points with me.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#466 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

Am I the only one who finds it strange that Hudler is getting the majority of the scorn right now considering the performance of Datsyuk and Zetterberg?

I'll admit that Cleary and Hudler have been terrible. But where are the leaders on forward? Franzen seems to be our go to guy now and he takes off nights, so how can this team stay competitive when we have two stars who aren't playing like it and a goal scorer who is taking on a role he shouldn't be taking?

Honestly, I think most people here are afraid to say Zetterberg and Datsyuk are playing like crap. It's almost like it's sac-religious to do so. Hell either they are horrible or both hurt, and if they are both hurt, then sit them down and let them heal Mike! I have no issue saying they are playing crappy, but I hope it is due to injury and not aging. I am all for a couple of players sitting down for a bit, some to heal and some to get the freaking point through their heads! Which ones are hurt, we'll probably never know for sure, but if needed put Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Cleary on IR, sit the hell out of Franzen and Hudler...

...a lot of folks complaining about Commodore, but what do you expect when he gets the crap minutes of the game. Say what they want, but Babcock still hates Commodore and is NOT playing him on purpose. How many minutes did he play tonight? Sure, he is not a top 2 defensman, but f*** man, Backes was running everyone out there without regard, put Commodore on him and beat the s*** out of him, at least put him out there so he can try to stick up for his teammates. I am seriously questioning Babcock at this moment. Especially in a game like this, Backes needed to be floored for his antics. And maybe, just maybe that would've lit a bit of a fire...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#467 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

The Perfect Human uses imperfect language? I didn't think he had it in him. I didn't know it was possible for him to gain even more points with me.

ahh there you are. i was hoping youd be in here :hehe:

just an overall pathetic effort tonight by the wings. and something has to be improved on the PP. my goodness...0/6 with only 6 shots?!? and they even had a 5minute major PP. you know you give up on your PP when you have cleary and Abs on it :ph34r: :ph34r:

#468 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

covered that in one of my previous posts...but apparently i only posted that because i "want them to do poorly".

It doesn't help that you act like an ass.

Also the post I responded to sounded EXACTLY like you wanted a certain player to fail.

Posted Image

#469 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

I hate it on nights like this when you know we should have won games like these and then end up on the other end.

#470 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

I hate it on nights like this when you know we should have won games like these and then end up on the other end.

I think you are implying on paper the Wings should have won, because no way in hell did they deserve it. They shouldn't be rewarded for efforts like that. I would say you hope a loss like that turns things around the next game, but the history of late with this group says otherwise.

Edited by GoWings1905, 15 November 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#471 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:20 PM

What the hell happened to Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg? I understand their linemates (especially Pavel's) are pretty rough at times, but those two have always produced regardless of their wingers. They didn't play well together either so blaming it on the current situation isn't entirely fair. The best players make everyone around them better and quite frankly neither has look interested most games so far. It's going to be a very long year if those two don't get it together quickly.

The Red Wings look so slow too. Granted, no forecheck and clogging the neutral zone like Hitchcock always does will do that to teams. So glad we get to watch the boring ass Blues, Predators and Blue Jackets 18 times while the Red Wings look completely lost trying to pass through four guys at the blueline each game.

I feel bad for Jimmy Howard. He competes harder than the rest of the team combined besides a 41-year-old Lidstrom and Darren Helm. Losing is one thing, but this lack of effort is so unacceptable. Nothing will change either unless Holland forces it to happen. Too many comfortable players that have been here that can't/won't put in the effort because there are no consequences nor alternatives.

Fantastic post, I am glad there is still the occasional quality post written around here. :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#472 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

Also the post I responded to sounded EXACTLY like you wanted a certain player to fail.

well you were wrong. i hope that's the end of you trying to determine other posters' intent.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#473 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

well you were wrong. i hope that's the end of you trying to determine other posters' intent.

I'm sure I was.

Posted Image

#474 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

Honestly, I think most people here are afraid to say Zetterberg and Datsyuk are playing like crap. It's almost like it's sac-religious to do so. Hell either they are horrible or both hurt, and if they are both hurt, then sit them down and let them heal Mike! I have no issue saying they are playing crappy, but I hope it is due to injury and not aging. I am all for a couple of players sitting down for a bit, some to heal and some to get the freaking point through their heads! Which ones are hurt, we'll probably never know for sure, but if needed put Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Cleary on IR, sit the hell out of Franzen and Hudler...

...a lot of folks complaining about Commodore, but what do you expect when he gets the crap minutes of the game. Say what they want, but Babcock still hates Commodore and is NOT playing him on purpose. How many minutes did he play tonight? Sure, he is not a top 2 defensman, but f*** man, Backes was running everyone out there without regard, put Commodore on him and beat the s*** out of him, at least put him out there so he can try to stick up for his teammates. I am seriously questioning Babcock at this moment. Especially in a game like this, Backes needed to be floored for his antics. And maybe, just maybe that would've lit a bit of a fire...

What he said.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#475 fifthandbroadway

fifthandbroadway

Barely alive

• Gold Booster
  • 629 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

We stunk cause of the Blues announcers holy s*** did they drive me nuts listening.

Man CI sucks when no Ken and Mickey calling the game.

The Blues announcers are un-listenable, particularly the lead guy who used to be the Avalanche announcer, I think.

Mind-numbing!

#476 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:41 PM

haven't read the thread, but am I the only one who thinks Cleary is worthless?
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#477 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

haven't read the thread, but am I the only one who thinks Cleary is worthless?

No, you definitely aren't alone but I think that worthless category is far from exclusive to Cleary. It applied to about 15 other players tonight as well.

#478 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

Sometimes teams have bad games.

#479 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

Was only able to catch the third and a bit of the 2nd. Not sure what can be done about the inconsistent effort. Babs doesn't seem to be willing to sit players who aren't performing and doesn't seem to reward the people who really put forth the effort.

#480 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

Sometimes teams have bad games.

Don't mistake bad games with consistent lack of effort.

There's a huge difference.