• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Mark Howe's Hall of Fame Induction Speech

Rate this topic

Mark Howe's induction speech last night at the Hall of Fame. If you haven't seen it its a must. I dont know aboot you but I cried at the end. Just so awesome! Enjoy! Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Mark How inducted to the HOF? Really? Perhaps it should be renamed to NHL HOF as it has nothing with hockey worldwide. In Sweden, Finland, Chechoslovakia and Russia and we so many defs that were WAY better than Mark Howe. 100 more that are not there.

PS still I understand for whom the "product" is made.

Mark How inducted to the HOF? Really? Perhaps it should be renamed to NHL HOF as it has nothing with hockey worldwide. In Sweden, Finland, Chechoslovakia and Russia and we so many defs that were WAY better than Mark Howe. 100 more that are not there.

I understand that in the past in Russia in particular players would get neglected because of never playing in the NHL but come on... The NHL is the BEST level of hockey bar none. There is 0 arguing that. International accomplishments are part of the discussion, Olympic golds, International Tournaments, etc. but they are not the whole of it nor the majority. A hockey players season is long and consists of many games. The international stuff is a month at its longer end and ends up happening only every so often. Olympics every 4 years for example. It stands to reason that the best players in the world are in the NHL, have played in the NHL, and made themselves HOF worthy in the NHL. The majority of a players career is done in the league that they play and represent. So with that wouldn't you have to regard someone with say 1000 points in the NHL higher than someone with 1000 points in another league? The HOF is for the BEST players in the game of hockey, its not the NHL's fault that the BEST players all come here.

Also the speech was awesome

it was a great speech

but the ending with gordie just really tore me up. i have to say it was the most emotional hall of fame speech ive ever seen.

WOW thanks for sharing this.

+1 for Mark Howe. One of the most touching speeches I've seen in the HOF, hockey, or anywhere for that matter.

I'm pretty sure there is a Russian/Soviet HOF. Probably for other countries as well. So don't hate on Mark Howe, he definitely deserves to be there.

Plus, if you didn't play in the NHL then you didn't play in the toughest and most competitive league in the world. Scoring 10 pts a game in Finland, Czech, or anywhere else means nothing till you play with the big boys.