• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Kronwall boarded, leaves STL game

Rate this topic

I'm guessing Sheriff Shanny is going to give him a 3-game suspension for that hit. It's in line with what he's doled out for similar infractions. I can't see Shanahan giving a player a lengthier suspension than another just because the hit was aimed toward a Red Wing. That would undo all the good I think he's done in the short time he's held the post.

Shanahan played for St. Louis too.

Started at 11am, so it's likely done now, I'm guessing we should get word of ruling this afternoon.

I didn't realize it was that much already over there. By the way, how did you know that it started at 11 AM? I haven't seen that information anywhere.

Really?! Gee, I had no idea.......

Yup. He just had a better time here! :lol:

Anywho, I'm surprised there's been no press release yet. It seems pretty cut-and-dried to me, not much room for debate other than how many games. After having read up on Shanny's inconsistent penalties lately, 2 games is probably the call.

I'd like 3+ games to send a little message that that kind of play is incredibly needless, avoidable, and unacceptable.

My guess is that because Kronwall came back into the game and played, it won't be as severe. Two games likely.

Stewart is a good hard player, but you just NEVER hit a guy when he is in that position a few feet from the boards. They teach you that when you're a Mite and Squirt.

Man I hope it's not a serious injury, like a shoulder or wrist or something. Looked potentially bad. :angry:

And maybe it's my fault, I have both White and Kronwall in my fantasy team...

I thought the same last night.

Also, I'm betting it's 2 games. I could even see it just being 1 game. The fact Kronwall came back in the same game, and Shanahan does consider the effect (injury) of the hit to be a factor, says something. Also, the track record for boarding/hit from behinds was already documented in this thread.

It's kind of funny to me that the NHL sees fit to punish hits to the head more severely than hits from behind. Or at least that's the way it seems so far. To me hits from behind are far more dangerous because they can lead to all types of serious injuries including concsussions.

You quoted my post, so it stands to reason that I'd think you were talking to me.

Whoops...my mistake.

Was looking at the wrong username.

With that said...

So using that argument of possible favoritism is moot in this case because Shanny has played for both teams involved.

Announcers "It's fortunate for Kronwall that he's not going head first."

What, it really looked like he was going head first into the boards. But this article says that Kronwall was able to turn his head.

"It could have been a lot worse," said Kronwall, who returned to start the second period and wound up playing 21:59. "I was just able to turn my head (at the last second). I was lucky. They brought me in here (the locker room) to do the testing but I felt fine."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111116/SPORTS0103/111160374/Wings-start-trip-with-loss-to-Blues#ixzz1du7uyIvE

Three games isn't enough. That hit is pretty much as dirty as it gets.

I thought he'd get 2-3, which is consistent with previous Shanabans.

And it wasn't "dirty". There was no intent to injure.

Did you watch the Shanahan explanation and breakdown of the hit?

You have no basis for saying that there was no intent to injure. There may not have been but it sure looks like there is from the positioning of the players and Kronner's distance from the boards.

I'm happy that justice was swift and proper. The next time St. Louis comes to town, you can bet that the boo birds will be loud and long for that douchebag. When Nik came back last night, I thought I was seeing things. I never thought he'd be back. The power of the mind can be a wonderful thing.

Uh...ya, of course you aren't going to see it as dirty....and it was Yzerman's fault that Pronger injured his knee too.

Maybe there was no intent to injure, but it was a very dirty hit...ANY hit from behind is dirty, especially when the guy is 10 feet away from the boards and he not only gets hit, but shoved as well. Very dirty and naughty....he deserved at least 5 games.