• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

This. I was scrolling down for a while before anyone mentioned it. Commie is a good depth signing. Say another defenceman gets injured along with White, if Commie wasn't there who would you throw in? Don't say Smith, because with White AND another man out, he'd already be in. You can't have an entire blue line of prospects or it wont work. He was signed for depth, he's being used for depth. Don't see what's the problem. It's not like we're rapidly eating up cap space.

If another defenseman is injured, Smith is the answer; Commodore is the spare and with White out he's slotted to play regularly. Assume Kronwall doesn't come back from the hit the other night, and both Smith and Commodore are in every night. Probably end up with Lidstrom/Ericsson, Kindl/Stuart, and Smith/Commodore to start.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#42 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Smith is going to put Commodore out of commission.

#43 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

Smith is going to put Commodore out of commission.

Well, ya, Smith is the future, but why would you like to see him replace Commodore? Commodore is the type of D-Man this team is screaming for, but Babcock won't take his head out of his ass enough to play him. Same reason he stopped playing Modano last season. Babs ego is getting on my nerves a tad...

Don't Be Jealous Because I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#44 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

I'd argue we'd be a lot better having Smith up permanently with this team learning off the best, rather than having a sto-gap otpion who barely plays.

I agree.

I like Commodore. I think he's a nice guy. I've been following his Twitter feed and he has really embraced this city.

But from a hockey perspective, he hasn't been cutting it. I'd much rather see young blood making mistakes and learning on the ice. Instead, we have dinosaurs out there making mistakes.