• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
korrowan

Datsyuk knows he has been awful.

Rate this topic

Only a matter of time. I believe that once he scores....he's going to go on a tear of epic proportions.

Just a note on the "me shoot more" comments and an observation of his play as of late. My buddy pointed out to me to watch Dats (last 4 games) and how many times he dekes/fakes before shooting. I was amazed at how little he was. Mostly just wrist shots/backhands without any deke/fake to get the goalie moving. I know he's gripping a little tight right now due to the lack of points (comparitively), but his deke and quick moves before he released the puck were I thought one of his strong suites....maybe the best in the league. Just an observation.

Wish Zetterberg would admit hes been horrendous as well.

Zetterberg is just as puzzled by his own scoring issues.

“Absolutely. I’m the same as Pav,” Zetterberg said. “You’re trying to do everything right, working hard in practice, working hard in games. Hopefully it will turn around.”

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/11/struggling_red_wing_pavel_dats.html

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Only a matter of time. I believe that once he scores....he's going to go on a tear of epic proportions.

Just a note on the "me shoot more" comments and an observation of his play as of late. My buddy pointed out to me to watch Dats (last 4 games) and how many times he dekes/fakes before shooting. I was amazed at how little he was. Mostly just wrist shots/backhands without any deke/fake to get the goalie moving. I know he's gripping a little tight right now due to the lack of points (comparitively), but his deke and quick moves before he released the puck were I thought one of his strong suites....maybe the best in the league. Just an observation.

And while we're waiting, we're still out of the playoff race. As much as I hate statistics like these, something like only 9% of the teams out of the playoffs by Thanksgiving actually get into the playoffs. We can't wait any longer, our top players need to be our top players.