• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Online movement to get Eaves on the PP

Rate this topic

So, in another thread () we got on the topic about how Eaves needs to at least be given a look on the PP at the point, ESPECIALLY now with White out... this led to the idea of starting an online movement to get the idea out there via social media, now, we all saw how far the Commodore64 movement went, hopefully this one can at least spark discussion... so join us in posting on FB, Twitter, etc -

#PattyOnPoint

Let's see if we can actually get enough of a movement for this to even be mentioned in Detroit media, let alone maybe getting the idea actually discussed with Babs himself!

At this point put Abby, Helm, and Eaves all out there while on the PP. I would rather see their crash the net style instead of this weak passing no movement PP we been icing.

If I recall, there was a preseason game where Helm ran the PP and they looked amazing. Just sayin. :cool:

I keep telling everyone that getting HELM up with DATSYUK would be the best thing Babcock has ever done. But for some reason, you can't break the dynamic Holmstrom/Datsyuk wonder duo up. Holmstrom is FINISHED. Why can't anyone in the Wings organization see this?

I keep telling everyone that getting HELM up with DATSYUK would be the best thing Babcock has ever done. But for some reason, you can't break the dynamic Holmstrom/Datsyuk wonder duo up. Holmstrom is FINISHED. Why can't anyone in the Wings organization see this?

Homer has been playing well thus far. I don't know about stats but he's looked good. Helm and Datsyuk don't play together because Helm centers his own line. It'd be nice to see for sure, though, but it would pull apart one of the few things that consistently goes right for this team, the third line.

But I don't see this movement working. It's Babs' team, and if he went with this he'd be publicly admitting he didn't think of something so obvious, and if it worked and Eaves did great his reputation might take a hit. Career-wise, he can't let the mob dictate to him.

I wish he'd do it, though, Eaves has a monster shot, and he never gets a chance to use it.

I like Eaves, and I want to see him succeed...

But this feels more like a "He's not Hudler!" than a "Patty can do it!" kind of thing.

Eaves has a good shot and is a good skater, but he's a mediocre passer. His entire purpose would be to blast shots from the point. Think Jason Williams, but better defensively and without the passing skill.

That's why Eaves isn't on the PP.

Samuelsson was on the PP because he has a good shot, is a decent passer, and could play defensively. He wasn't a one-tool guy in that situation like Eaves would be.

Hudler is fine on the PP. He actually looked better working with Lidstrom than he ever has with Kronwall. He was the team's best player in the failed 5-minute PP against St. Louis and he regularly creates chances.

I think Lidstrom/Hudler and Kronwall/Kindl make for solid PP pairings. I'd rather see Hudler up front but Babcock has his template, and his template doesn't have room for a shifty little guy who's in the league based on skill and hard work, not physical gifts.

As touched on, the odds of this actually making it happen aren't great, but it'd at least be good pub for letsgowings.com and make for a good story... what do you have to lose? Start tweeting people, don't take the apathetic "what'll it do any good for" stance... if nothing else, it'll be fun... come on LGW!

I like Eaves, and I want to see him succeed...

But this feels more like a "He's not Hudler!" than a "Patty can do it!" kind of thing.

Eaves has a good shot and is a good skater, but he's a mediocre passer. His entire purpose would be to blast shots from the point. Think Jason Williams, but better defensively and without the passing skill.

That's why Eaves isn't on the PP.

Samuelsson was on the PP because he has a good shot, is a decent passer, and could play defensively. He wasn't a one-tool guy in that situation like Eaves would be.

Hudler is fine on the PP. He actually looked better working with Lidstrom than he ever has with Kronwall. He was the team's best player in the failed 5-minute PP against St. Louis and he regularly creates chances.

I think Lidstrom/Hudler and Kronwall/Kindl make for solid PP pairings. I'd rather see Hudler up front but Babcock has his template, and his template doesn't have room for a shifty little guy who's in the league based on skill and hard work, not physical gifts.

There's so much wrong with your post, I don't even know where to start... also, I wasn't suggesting he replace Hudler by any means, as a matter of fact, while White is out, I personally would like to see:

Lidstrom-Hudler

Eaves-Kronwall

Edited by stevkrause

Do you mean like when Datsyuk set Helm up, on a 2 on 1, with an empty net and Helm whiffed? Yeah, that seems like it would work well.

I'm only joking. I don't mind seeing them out there together and although not in an offensive situation Datsyuk and Helm have started PK situations together to have two centres on the ice. Then Datsyuk changes.

Time to try something different I'd like yo see Helm out there he has the speed and hustle to get to those 50/50 pucks and hols it in the zone. Everytime The Blues cleared the zone on the penalty kill on Tuesday I wanted to puke. Helm or Eaves would be great

He's more likely to star in a remake of West Side Story, but good luck with the effort dude.

Once again (and it's sad that this needs to be repeated this many times) - The odds of this actually making a difference are slim to none, but it could make for a good story and good pub for LGW.com...

not with this general, malaise, apathetic response from some members however...

Is it too much to ask that we make light of something and all come together for a good story on LGW?

Apparently so.

Once again (and it's sad that this needs to be repeated this many times) - The odds of this actually making a difference are slim to none, but it could make for a good story and good pub for LGW.com...

Is it too much to ask that we make light of something and all come together for a good story on LGW?

Apparently so.

I said 'good luck.'

I'd sooner try Brunnstrom or Nyquist than a guy with one point in nine games, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Also, there were a few dozen other Eaves threads you've started over the past year you could have put this request in. . . :ph34r:

Guest Crymson

I approve, I think it's staggering he hasn't even been given a shot.

I'd much rather he than Hudler.

Yeah, he's an RHS with good power and accuracy. And I can't imagine anyone doing worse than Hudler at this stage. The guy is horrendously indecisive and contributes nothing; he wastes time and chances with his constant hesitation and his refusal to commit to anything.

I think the concern with Eaves is his passing game, which is nothing special.

Filppula Datsyuk Holmstrom

Lidstrom - Stuart

Abdelkader Zetterberg Franzen

Kronwall - Hudler

Stuart? Really? The guy hits the net with maybe 10% of his shots. He's very good on defense, and he's an OK passer, but he's average at best in the offensive zone.

Against the Leafs in preseason ,Helm got 3 pts. on the PP & was first star!

Preseason is preseason.

I tweeted it. Not sure how much I agree, but dont really have any opinion to do different as long as we do something different. Def not the dumbest tweet ive ever done either hahaha.

Do you mean like when Datsyuk set Helm up, on a 2 on 1, with an empty net and Helm whiffed? Yeah, that seems like it would work well.

I'm only joking. I don't mind seeing them out there together and although not in an offensive situation Datsyuk and Helm have started PK situations together to have two centres on the ice. Then Datsyuk changes.

That's exactly what came to mind for me. I really like Helm, I just wish he would finish every once in a while.

Apparently so.

Yes. Yes it is.

What was the point of re-signing Eaves if he only plays every once and a while? I don't understand why he doesn't play more, he's a better player then Miller, has a good shot, actually plays pretty physical. Babs is a weird guy.