• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Online movement to get Eaves on the PP

Rate this topic

What was the point of re-signing Eaves if he only plays every once and a while? I don't understand why he doesn't play more, he's a better player then Miller, has a good shot, actually plays pretty physical. Babs is a weird guy.

Completely agree. We re-sign the guy for 3 years, and he's a healthy scratch every second game? Is that smart or what? As you said, he's got a good shot, he's physical, he's a good PK'er, he's got good speed. He's a perfect 3rd/4th line forward, and yet we're regularly sitting him. He'd been playing really well lately too, I just wonder how his mindset is after signing a long term deal (for his standards) and yet to be regularly sitting. Can't be good.

Completely agree. We re-sign the guy for 3 years, and he's a healthy scratch every second game? Is that smart or what? As you said, he's got a good shot, he's physical, he's a good PK'er, he's got good speed. He's a perfect 3rd/4th line forward, and yet we're regularly sitting him. He'd been playing really well lately too, I just wonder how his mindset is after signing a long term deal (for his standards) and yet to be regularly sitting. Can't be good.

Holmstrom and Bertuzzi are the best. That's why they get to play every game and Eaves gets scratched. Holmstrom and Bertuzzi are the future of the Wings. They are the best. Don't question it. If we even detect you THINKING about questioning the best-ness of Holmstrom and Bertuzzi, you will be casted out of Red Wings fandom. Just be happy we have Holmstrom and Bertuzzi and the overall awesomeness they bring to the team.

Yeah, he's an RHS with good power and accuracy. And I can't imagine anyone doing worse than Hudler at this stage. The guy is horrendously indecisive and contributes nothing; he wastes time and chances with his constant hesitation and his refusal to commit to anything.

I think the concern with Eaves is his passing game, which is nothing special.

Stuart? Really? The guy hits the net with maybe 10% of his shots. He's very good on defense, and he's an OK passer, but he's average at best in the offensive zone.

Preseason is preseason.

I can agree with this to an extent, but as long as he makes them crisp, Kronwall will be able to handle them, even if they're a little off target

Somethings got to give though, the PP has been absolutely dismal this season...

#PattyOnPoint

I like Eaves, and I want to see him succeed...

But this feels more like a "He's not Hudler!" than a "Patty can do it!" kind of thing.

Eaves has a good shot and is a good skater, but he's a mediocre passer. His entire purpose would be to blast shots from the point. Think Jason Williams, but better defensively and without the passing skill.

That's why Eaves isn't on the PP.

Samuelsson was on the PP because he has a good shot, is a decent passer, and could play defensively. He wasn't a one-tool guy in that situation like Eaves would be.

Hudler is fine on the PP. He actually looked better working with Lidstrom than he ever has with Kronwall. He was the team's best player in the failed 5-minute PP against St. Louis and he regularly creates chances.

I think Lidstrom/Hudler and Kronwall/Kindl make for solid PP pairings. I'd rather see Hudler up front but Babcock has his template, and his template doesn't have room for a shifty little guy who's in the league based on skill and hard work, not physical gifts.

Only because you brought it up.

Shocking.