• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

I tweeted it. Not sure how much I agree, but dont really have any opinion to do different as long as we do something different. Def not the dumbest tweet ive ever done either hahaha.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#22 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

Do you mean like when Datsyuk set Helm up, on a 2 on 1, with an empty net and Helm whiffed? Yeah, that seems like it would work well.

I'm only joking. I don't mind seeing them out there together and although not in an offensive situation Datsyuk and Helm have started PK situations together to have two centres on the ice. Then Datsyuk changes.

That's exactly what came to mind for me. I really like Helm, I just wish he would finish every once in a while.

Once again (and it's sad that this needs to be repeated this many times) - The odds of this actually making a difference are slim to none, but it could make for a good story and good pub for LGW.com...

not with this general, malaise, apathetic response from some members however...

Is it too much to ask that we make light of something and all come together for a good story on LGW?

Apparently so.

Yes. Yes it is.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#23 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

Eaves is a healthy scratch tonight. Is that a sign?

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#24 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Eaves is a healthy scratch tonight. Is that a sign?

Out of all the people to sit, we sit Eaves, our best PK'er? <_<

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#25 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

What was the point of re-signing Eaves if he only plays every once and a while? I don't understand why he doesn't play more, he's a better player then Miller, has a good shot, actually plays pretty physical. Babs is a weird guy.

#NOMOREKINDL

#26 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

What was the point of re-signing Eaves if he only plays every once and a while? I don't understand why he doesn't play more, he's a better player then Miller, has a good shot, actually plays pretty physical. Babs is a weird guy.

Completely agree. We re-sign the guy for 3 years, and he's a healthy scratch every second game? Is that smart or what? As you said, he's got a good shot, he's physical, he's a good PK'er, he's got good speed. He's a perfect 3rd/4th line forward, and yet we're regularly sitting him. He'd been playing really well lately too, I just wonder how his mindset is after signing a long term deal (for his standards) and yet to be regularly sitting. Can't be good.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#27 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

Completely agree. We re-sign the guy for 3 years, and he's a healthy scratch every second game? Is that smart or what? As you said, he's got a good shot, he's physical, he's a good PK'er, he's got good speed. He's a perfect 3rd/4th line forward, and yet we're regularly sitting him. He'd been playing really well lately too, I just wonder how his mindset is after signing a long term deal (for his standards) and yet to be regularly sitting. Can't be good.

Holmstrom and Bertuzzi are the best. That's why they get to play every game and Eaves gets scratched. Holmstrom and Bertuzzi are the future of the Wings. They are the best. Don't question it. If we even detect you THINKING about questioning the best-ness of Holmstrom and Bertuzzi, you will be casted out of Red Wings fandom. Just be happy we have Holmstrom and Bertuzzi and the overall awesomeness they bring to the team.

#28 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:55 AM

Um, we're resting Eaves for the playoffs, right? I hope.

#29 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

Yeah, he's an RHS with good power and accuracy. And I can't imagine anyone doing worse than Hudler at this stage. The guy is horrendously indecisive and contributes nothing; he wastes time and chances with his constant hesitation and his refusal to commit to anything.

I think the concern with Eaves is his passing game, which is nothing special.

Stuart? Really? The guy hits the net with maybe 10% of his shots. He's very good on defense, and he's an OK passer, but he's average at best in the offensive zone.

Preseason is preseason.

I can agree with this to an extent, but as long as he makes them crisp, Kronwall will be able to handle them, even if they're a little off target

Somethings got to give though, the PP has been absolutely dismal this season...

#PattyOnPoint

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#30 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

commmmeeeeee onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#31 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

I like Eaves, and I want to see him succeed...

But this feels more like a "He's not Hudler!" than a "Patty can do it!" kind of thing.

Eaves has a good shot and is a good skater, but he's a mediocre passer. His entire purpose would be to blast shots from the point. Think Jason Williams, but better defensively and without the passing skill.

That's why Eaves isn't on the PP.

Samuelsson was on the PP because he has a good shot, is a decent passer, and could play defensively. He wasn't a one-tool guy in that situation like Eaves would be.

Hudler is fine on the PP. He actually looked better working with Lidstrom than he ever has with Kronwall. He was the team's best player in the failed 5-minute PP against St. Louis and he regularly creates chances.

I think Lidstrom/Hudler and Kronwall/Kindl make for solid PP pairings. I'd rather see Hudler up front but Babcock has his template, and his template doesn't have room for a shifty little guy who's in the league based on skill and hard work, not physical gifts.

Only because you brought it up.

Shocking.