• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/17 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Sharks 5

Rate this topic

I am a little disappointed with these line changes. Franzen never works out good with Pavs I do not understand why Babs refuses to put Fil or Huds with Pavs for a game. ANyways, hopefully Pavs lights it up tonight... the game is against the Sharks and lately the only 3 players who show up against the Sharks are Dats, Hank and Nick... so I predict a big night by those 3. Go Wings!

Bab's said Huds might be on top line for a bit....along with Brunny and Homer.

"Pav and Mule together, start with Abby. They might have Huds a bit, might have Brunner a bit, might have Tommy a bit,'' Babcock said. "I'm going to go with Fil and Cleary and Z. It's more to get Cleary back to being on the net, so he's doing what he's supposed to do and to help out that process.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/11/brendan_smith_excited_for_nhl.html

why is eaves always the odd man out?

wings only win if datsyuk scores.

will miss the ending of this one, a win over the sharks would make me very happy

Probably his back issues he is having.

Wings actually showed up for the last game against the Sharks...and that was during The Slump so let's hope they show up tonight too.

Edited by rrasco

Thanks to the poster above for the info... I have not been able to find any info on Babs talking about lines at all today. It is nice to know. I really like the idea of Fabian up there with Pavs and Mule.... that could turn out to be a really fun line.

Nothing Fabian has done in the past two season suggests he should be prompted to the first line.

I almost wonder if Abby being on the top line is to buffer some of the Sharks from trying to get too physical with Datsyuk? No offense to Cleary; but a Franzen-Datsyuk-Cleary line isn't going to deter anyone from taking a run at Pavs. At least with Abdelkader out there they have to think twice before committing to a nasty hit because they KNOW Abby will make 'em answer for it.

Or I'm imagining things with all the tough-guy talk we get around here :lol:

Just win tonight boys!

Another year, another season, and another game with the Sharks.

Yet, for me, this is clearly not just another game. There are three teams that I truly hate: the Sharks, the Penguins, and the s***hawks

(do your best Jim Lahey impersonation here).

Heck, these days, I hate the Sharks more than I do Avalanche. I did not think that was possible. I even bought a book to remind me,

and help me reminisce, about our rivalry and my hatred for the Avs.

Back to tonight. It does not hurt to remind oneself that Asian civilization and culture, at over six thousand years old, is among the

oldest and wisest in the world.

They eat sharks.

The Euro-brethren core of our beloved team needs to learn and take inspiration in this fact.

So, tonight, we butcher. Cooking optional. Hell, we don't even have to eat.

Just win.

Red Wing 'till I die.

Edited by Crveni

I don't hate the Sharks more than I hated the Avs or Anaheim, but they're beginning to really annoy me, for sure. I guess I don't hate them because they don't really take all that many liberties recently with our team that I can think of. But I would be positively ecstatic should the Wings beat them into the dirt.

My most hated:

Pittsburgh

Anaheim

After that, nobody really. The Sharks are a rival, but not an arch-rival yet. And Chicago hasn't been a direct threat to the Wings yet in the playoffs or in any significant games to really hate them. I know I should, and out of respect for history I can never root for them, but I don't hate them yet.

Nothing Fabian has done in the past two season suggests he should be prompted to the first line.

Nothing abdelkader has done in the past two season suggest he should be prompted to the first line.

I loathe and despise west coast starts. I hope we get moved to the Eastern Conference, because I don't like missing games. As it is, I don't know how much of this game I'll be able to watch - I've got stuff to do tomorrow that requires me to get more than 5 hours of sleep.

In any event, go Wings. Let's get back on the winning track.

Nothing abdelkader has done in the past two season suggest he should be prompted to the first line.

Okay? Did I state that?

Abby has done more than Fabian in the past two seasons. Fabain has played in the AHL (and NHL for the Wings) with teams affiliated with two non-playoffs teams. Abby has played in the playoffs and has been a constant NHler. Fabian has passed through waivers without being claimed, Abby has not been sent down and IMO he would be claimed if he were sent down.

Abby has proved he is a stable third line player through his play last year in the playoffs and his play this year. Fabian has not proven he can play in the NHL on any line (he is a solid fourth liner for the Wings though). Abby could become a Cleary type player for the Wings (playing any line) if his scoring improves when his lines-mates improve.

I have nothing against Fabian, but he needs to earn his time. This is a player that could not crack two non-playoff teams, and was not claimed on waivers. I am glad the Wings are giving him a chance- he just needs to earn his minutes.

How did we get into a discussion about Brunnstrom? :lol:

Let's hope Abdelkader thrives with Datsyuk. Not terribly optimistic about having Franzen with him, but we'll see how it goes.

Maybe Babcock has a hunch. I'm not too optimistic either (I prefer(ed) having Flip and Cleary switch) but the first line can't get much worse than it was last game.

How did we get into a discussion about Brunnstrom? :lol:

Let's hope Abdelkader thrives with Datsyuk. Not terribly optimistic about having Franzen with him, but we'll see how it goes.

Right now, Babs should be willing to try anything short of taking the ice himself to get Pavs out of his funk. We can't be picky.

Okay? Did I state that?

Abby has done more than Fabian in the past two seasons. Fabain has played in the AHL (and NHL for the Wings) with teams affiliated with two non-playoffs teams. Abby has played in the playoffs and has been a constant NHler. Fabian has passed through waivers without being claimed, Abby has not been sent down and IMO he would be claimed if he were sent down.

Abby has proved he is a stable third line player through his play last year in the playoffs and his play this year. Fabian has not proven he can play in the NHL on any line (he is a solid fourth liner for the Wings though). Abby could become a Cleary type player for the Wings (playing any line) if his scoring improves when his lines-mates improve.

I have nothing against Fabian, but he needs to earn his time. This is a player that could not crack two non-playoff teams, and was not claimed on waivers. I am glad the Wings are giving him a chance- he just needs to earn his minutes.

I think Fabian is unproven. And I don't have much of an opinion on him, as he has played and looked ok in what 2 games?

my beef is with Abdelkader. I don't think Abby has proven he is a third line player. I believe he was our worst player during last year regular season, and during the playoffs he was horrific.

It also sounds like you think he could become a Cleary type player. Which implies he's not as good as Cleary right now. Well, if Cleary is not working out with Datysuk right now, why would someone who's not as good as Cleary work out? doesn't make sense to me.

in his defence Abdelkader has been better this year, and I hope he proves that he deserves a chance on that first line. I'd rather be wrong and have a winning team, than to sit here and say "told you so"

go wings. I wish the game would start already.