• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/17 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Sharks 5

Rate this topic

brunstrum is terrible. guy can't skate a lick, gets rocked and falls all over the place. remind you of anyone?

I've never seen anyone fall down as much as Brunnstrom.

Why'd Mursak have to get injured? <_< Not saying he's the difference or anything, but his speed and energy would've been nice amongst a sea of garbage.

I think you could argue that anyone of Lidstrom, Kronwall and Stuart are the best defenseman defensively. At the very least, it's not as clear cut as it was in the recent past.

Lidstrom has been the most consistent of the three. Kronwall and Stuart looked brutal in the early going of the season, but have seemed to turn it around.

Guest Crymson

I despise Jonathan Ericsson. It is beyond me how someone could be so utterly dumb on the ice.

I don't care what anyone says, Lidstrom's defensive play is slipping big. I'm not sure he's the best defensive defenseman on this team right now, let alone the league.

If you don't care what anyone says about that, then why did you post it?

Despite a few giveaways Brendan Smith made he looked great out there (given the score). Yeah, he skates and handles the puck well but his physical and offensive ASSERTIVENESS are already heads and shoulders above his older counterparts in Ericson and Kindl. Get this kid in here so he at least has a year to be mentored by Lids.

Tough ******* game to watch ... once again, the majority of the play is spent buzzing in the offensive zone, we outshoot the opponent significantly,but all it takes is a few untimely GROSS defensive lapses to blow it.

Cant wait to get Bert (healthy and aggresive) and White back. 2 very winnable games this weekend would put us back 4 games above .500 which would be nice heading home to play the Flames.

Oh, and for the love of christ - Hudler has to go. The only decent bodycheck hes every thrown was the KO of Cleary, hes small, slow in open ice, doesnt finish checks, and pulls the chute whenever he hears footsteps (I say Huds and Ericson for Nabokov to come and back-up Jimmy???).

Zetterberg hasnt been moving his feet since he re-injured his MCL last playoffs ... I cant help but wonder if he isnt 100% yet. Dats IMO has been an impact playerevery game despite his absence on the scoresheet. That said Id like to see him dangle 1 guy and shoot through a screen instead of trying to undress 3 and creating a turnover.

Regardless, lots of time left. Were still a couple games above .500 and were not even at the 1/4 mark yet. Like most of you I wouldnt mind a trade or two to shake things up, but I think the Wings still are an elite team (and for much of the season - despite some scores) have played like it. the results will come.

ps. lurked here forever. post 1 in the books. night!

Despite a few giveaways Brendan Smith made he looked great out there (given the score). Yeah, he skates and handles the puck well but his physical and offensive ASSERTIVENESS are already heads and shoulders above his older counterparts in Ericson and Kindl. Get this kid in here so he at least has a year to be mentored by Lids.

Tough ******* game to watch ... once again, the majority of the play is spent buzzing in the offensive zone, we outshoot the opponent significantly,but all it takes is a few untimely GROSS defensive lapses to blow it.

Cant wait to get Bert (healthy and aggresive) and White back. 2 very winnable games this weekend would put us back 4 games above .500 which would be nice heading home to play the Flames.

Oh, and for the love of christ - Hudler has to go. The only decent bodycheck hes every thrown was the KO of Cleary, hes small, slow in open ice, doesnt finish checks, and pulls the chute whenever he hears footsteps (I say Huds and Ericson for Nabokov to come and back-up Jimmy???).

Zetterberg hasnt been moving his feet since he re-injured his MCL last playoffs ... I cant help but wonder if he isnt 100% yet. Dats IMO has been an impact playerevery game despite his absence on the scoresheet. That said Id like to see him dangle 1 guy and shoot through a screen instead of trying to undress 3 and creating a turnover.

Regardless, lots of time left. Were still a couple games above .500 and were not even at the 1/4 mark yet. Like most of you I wouldnt mind a trade or two to shake things up, but I think the Wings still are an elite team (and for much of the season - despite some scores) have played like it. the results will come.

ps. lurked here forever. post 1 in the books. night!

Welcome to the boards. Bert is good for nothing else but being physical anymore. I mean, something has to be done. I'm looking right at you, Kenneth Holland.

Smith did better than expected. Lids made a few mistakes but still recovered from them. If the Wings can grab 4 points off the next 2 games, that would be good. At the least, we don't have to watch a late game this weekend.

I just got home after walking out of the game after the 2nd period. I dont know what you expected from Smith but that boy deserved 5:00 TOI the entire game not most of the 2nd period. From what I saw he was the reason for 2 goals against us which also started the turning point of the game after we were controlling the ice.

Smith had no idea where he was supposed to be and the Sharks took advantage of it throughout the 2nd period. He may turn out to be a good player but hes gonna need to start out slow and work his way up. Playing him most of a period is insane and a bad move by Babs.

Theres blame to go around but Smith was a HUGE open hole on the ice tonight and the reason I left a game early for the first time in my life.

will be interesting to hear the post game comments from Babs after this one.

we came up against another hot goalie !!

I dont know, but i do think that Kenny will be phoning around very soon as this wont be exceptable to Mr Ilitch for much longer. The way the results are going we may not be able to wait till FA season to spend our cap $s we

have saved, heaven forbid we might be out of the running!!

I do agree with getting Smith on board but i would pair him with Lids, to learn off the master for a season.

Maybe bring up Nyqvist again and how about getting the kid Jurco up for a spell, he's having a great season

and yes i know the NHL is a major step up for him, but hey he cant do any worse than some of the others on the

roster. If things dont change quickly i do believe we will see some movement, but the front office will give

these players time to sort it out i know but the clock maybe ticking for some already.

Bright side last night was Smith. Like the kid hopefully he becomes a regular soon. With his lack of experience he looked better than both Big E and Kindl imo. Like someone else said get this kid in there. I don't think he's gonna win us any more games that we are already winning lol but his hockey sense in being physical and his offensive attack are great. It would be nice to see Big E do something eventually for our team along with Hudler. Interesting to see Abby get some minutes on the top line last night he didn't look out of place. Here's hoping for 4 points out of this road trip.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

There was one point where a Shark was right on him as he was behind Howard against the boards. Time was running out fast, the pressure was on, Smith had almost no support, and he made a really brilliant pass behind him right to a Detroit player. I've seen countless players screw that play up and end up turning over the puck right next to the net, but he made the right play without hesitating a single second. He sees the ice well, and has confidence. For his first NHL game he did brilliant, I hope he stays up all year.

Can someone explain to me what the hell Kronwall was doing on that first Shark's goal?

i understand that him and howard got crossed up a little on where the puck was going to end up.

BUT

kronwall also stopped playing on a play during the stl game. WTF is he thinking.

if that goal never happened who knows how that game would've ended up.

Can someone explain to me what the hell Kronwall was doing on that first Shark's goal?

And then Datsyuk doesn't pick up Pavelski, instead skating right past him.

What the hell is going on with this team???

They aren't sure if they want to tank or not.

Only logical explanation.

okay, so, 8 loses out of the last 12 games. This is becoming a bit concerning. While I hold on to who we have on this team, because I know they have done better, but if this trend does not change, it really may be time to have a shake up. I don't know what though. Nobody wants our utility/garbage players, and with Franzen's stupid contract, who is gonna take him? I seriously think this team is doomed this year, unless it's injuries and if that is the case, LTIR and let them heal. PLEASE! I do not want to see them miss the playoffs. If you have to shop some of our top 6,then so be it. I am a fan of this franchise, not any individual player. It's either Zetterberg and Datsyuk and hurt, or their line-mates are, or they stink...I don't know, but we are the Mother F&$*ING Red Wings and 4 wins in 12 games is NOT NOT NOT acceptable, no matter how you slice it! I am not jumping ship, but I DO have the right to be PISSED! MAKE SOME KIND OF CHANGES OR THE RUN WILL BE OVER!

Mike Illitch, hear or prayers, for the love of Hockeytown and it's dedicated followers, do something! It is now time to see if Ken Holland is indeed, the Maestro GM he is painted to be!

And then Datsyuk doesn't pick up Pavelski, instead skating right past him.

What the hell is going on with this team???

Kronner thought Howard was going to play the puck, so he went to accept the pass. However, Howard couldn't play the puck (trapezoid) so Kronner was out of position.

team full of talentless average players or players who had the talent but didn't evolve it (i call them athlets, they can move but can't handle the puck). in comparsion to other teams ours is really below the average. ******* slackers. :( :( :(

They aren't sure if they want to tank or not.

Only logical explanation.

Lol.

I don't even think the draft coming up is that good. I mean, isnt the top guy the jackass that belly flops on the breakaway, pushes the puck up with his hand and swipes his stick at it???