No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/17 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Sharks 5

Rate this topic

"Zetterberg isn't even half the player he used to be."

"Datsyuk is simply a clown."

"Franzen is the softest 'power forward' in the league."

"Who or what is a Filppula?"

Franzen and Filppula have been our best forwards, but they can't be leaned on every game to score every game. If Datsyuk and Zetterberg don't start scoring at a PPG pace like they should be (or holy s***, a least a point every OTHER game for Zetterberg), then this team won't make the playoffs. As good as both Franzen and Filppula are, they can't carry the team.

Holland needs to wake up tomorrow morning and actually go to work. He can't coast on his ass anymore and not make moves.

Pick up the phone and fix this team Kenny.

Agreed, but it can't/won't happen. The NHL is too competitive now, especially this early in the season. No one is going to move anything of value at a time when most teams feels they could make a run at the playoffs. Beyond that, what the hell do the Red Wings have to offer? They have practically no assets to offer in exchange.

Unfortunately, I think we are stuck with the mediocrity for the duration of this season. Obviously need major changes in many areas going forward.

On the bright side, Smith looked great. He'd better play the rest of the season, bar injury.

Lidstrom.

I don't care what anyone says, Lidstrom's defensive play is slipping big. I'm not sure he's the best defensive defenseman on this team right now, let alone the league.

Guest Heaten

On the bright side, Smith looked great. He'd better play the rest of the season, bar injury.

Smith single-handedly cost us a goal from a bad giveaway. I wouldn't say he looked great.

Guest Heaten

Did Datsyuk get any ice time near the end of the game? I didn't notice him at all down the stretch.

Maybe that's why Sharks didn't score any goals near the end of the game...

Franzen and Filppula have been our best forwards, but they can't be leaned on every game to score every game. If Datsyuk and Zetterberg don't start scoring at a PPG pace like they should be (or holy s***, a least a point every OTHER game for Zetterberg), then this team won't make the playoffs. As good as both Franzen and Filppula are, they can't carry the team.

That's because Franzen and Filppula can't do it. Neither has an ounce of consistency.

Agreed about Datsyuk and Zetterberg though. This team is toast without those two and I'm less convinced every game either one is going to turn it around for good.

I don't care what anyone says, Lidstrom's defensive play is slipping big. I'm not sure he's the best defensive defenseman on this team right now, let alone the league.

Who's better?

Smith did better than expected. Lids made a few mistakes but still recovered from them. If the Wings can grab 4 points off the next 2 games, that would be good. At the least, we don't have to watch a late game this weekend.

Guest Heaten

I'm questioning the coaches. They say "shoot the puck more", "get the puck on net"..but those low percentage shots just aren't working.

He needs to tell Datsyuk "just go play YOUR game" and maybe we'll see an increase in point production... Let Datsyuk be the player he is, not the player they want him to be. He's a play maker.

Just a thought...

But when watching the Sharks, I notice they pass the puck INSTEAD of shooting and they score. Wings M.O. seems to shoot even if there is no lane, or fire the puck into the goalie's chest.

I'm questioning the coaches. They say "shoot the puck more", "get the puck on net"..but those low percentage shots just aren't working.

He needs to tell Datsyuk "just go play YOUR game" and maybe we'll see an increase in point production... Let Datsyuk be the player he is, not the player they want him to be. He's a play maker.

Just a thought...

But when watching the Sharks, I notice they pass the puck INSTEAD of shooting and they score. Wings M.O. seems to shoot even if there is no lane, or fire the puck into the goalie's chest.

I think dats is trying to be too pretty. He had that play in the second period where he tried to go off his skate and ended up giving it away. If he ha just shot the puck it would have generated a rebound

Zetterberg looked like s*** tonight. Hudler was invisible. Brunnstrom looked out of place every shift. Smith looked alright, I guess. Cleary, surprisingly, was one of our most noticeable players out there tonight. 9 shots on goal. Complete lack of communication on the goal near the end of the first between Howard and Kronwall, which essentially gave San Jose life after we played a decent first period. Pathetic.

For a useless fighter, Brad Winchester sure did make us look bad. Caused problems on the forecheck on San Jose's third goal, and capitalized on another defensive let-down for the Sharks' 5th. Many laughed at the proposition of picking him up for cheap over the summer. Sure, it was his first goal of the year, but he gave us problems.