Mule - Dats - Abby

Hmmm, This is interesting.. I like it! :thumbup:

#22 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hope I can stay up for this one! I hope to see Smith play well and I am hoping that Dats more shoot puck.

#23 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

abby deserves to get a shot on the top line with pavs, kid has earned it. hopefully his energy and hard fore-checking will be enough to get pavs going.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#24 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

why is eaves always the odd man out?

wings only win if datsyuk scores.

will miss the ending of this one, a win over the sharks would make me very happy

#25 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

Mule - Dats - Abby

Hmmm, This is interesting.. I like it! :thumbup:

This line could be dangerous- a sniper, a puck-handler, and a physical presence.

#26 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

I am a little disappointed with these line changes. Franzen never works out good with Pavs I do not understand why Babs refuses to put Fil or Huds with Pavs for a game. ANyways, hopefully Pavs lights it up tonight... the game is against the Sharks and lately the only 3 players who show up against the Sharks are Dats, Hank and Nick... so I predict a big night by those 3. Go Wings!

Bab's said Huds might be on top line for a bit....along with Brunny and Homer.

"Pav and Mule together, start with Abby. They might have Huds a bit, might have Brunner a bit, might have Tommy a bit,'' Babcock said. "I'm going to go with Fil and Cleary and Z. It's more to get Cleary back to being on the net, so he's doing what he's supposed to do and to help out that process.''

http://www.mlive.com...ed_for_nhl.html

why is eaves always the odd man out?

wings only win if datsyuk scores.

will miss the ending of this one, a win over the sharks would make me very happy

Probably his back issues he is having.

Wings actually showed up for the last game against the Sharks...and that was during The Slump so let's hope they show up tonight too.

Edited by rrasco, 17 November 2011 - 07:02 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#27 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

Strange line combos.

I hope they work.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#28 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

just win... <_< :banana: :banana:

#29 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

Thanks to the poster above for the info... I have not been able to find any info on Babs talking about lines at all today. It is nice to know. I really like the idea of Fabian up there with Pavs and Mule.... that could turn out to be a really fun line.

#30 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

Thanks to the poster above for the info... I have not been able to find any info on Babs talking about lines at all today. It is nice to know. I really like the idea of Fabian up there with Pavs and Mule.... that could turn out to be a really fun line.

Nothing Fabian has done in the past two season suggests he should be prompted to the first line.

#31 Krystal

Krystal

Hank's My Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

I almost wonder if Abby being on the top line is to buffer some of the Sharks from trying to get too physical with Datsyuk? No offense to Cleary; but a Franzen-Datsyuk-Cleary line isn't going to deter anyone from taking a run at Pavs. At least with Abdelkader out there they have to think twice before committing to a nasty hit because they KNOW Abby will make 'em answer for it.

Or I'm imagining things with all the tough-guy talk we get around here :lol:

Just win tonight boys!

#32 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

can we get a link to the stream?

#33 Crveni

Crveni

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

Another year, another season, and another game with the Sharks.

Yet, for me, this is clearly not just another game. There are three teams that I truly hate: the Sharks, the Penguins, and the s***hawks

(do your best Jim Lahey impersonation here).
Heck, these days, I hate the Sharks more than I do Avalanche. I did not think that was possible. I even bought a book to remind me,
and help me reminisce, about our rivalry and my hatred for the Avs.

Back to tonight. It does not hurt to remind oneself that Asian civilization and culture, at over six thousand years old, is among the

oldest and wisest in the world.

They eat sharks.

The Euro-brethren core of our beloved team needs to learn and take inspiration in this fact.

So, tonight, we butcher. Cooking optional. Hell, we don't even have to eat.

Just win.

Red Wing 'till I die.

Edited by Crveni, 17 November 2011 - 08:19 PM.

#34 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

Zetterberg and Datsyuk finally get their heads out of their asses and both get goals. Wings win eleventy billion to one.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#35 frwtv

frwtv

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

I will be streaming the game at http://freeredwings.tv

#36 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

Same links as every game.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#37 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

I don't hate the Sharks more than I hated the Avs or Anaheim, but they're beginning to really annoy me, for sure. I guess I don't hate them because they don't really take all that many liberties recently with our team that I can think of. But I would be positively ecstatic should the Wings beat them into the dirt.

My most hated:

Pittsburgh
Anaheim

After that, nobody really. The Sharks are a rival, but not an arch-rival yet. And Chicago hasn't been a direct threat to the Wings yet in the playoffs or in any significant games to really hate them. I know I should, and out of respect for history I can never root for them, but I don't hate them yet.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#38 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

thanks, i usually use the link in the OP and i don't have it bookmarked.

#39 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

Just under two hours until game-time. Staying up for this game will be tough, but it is the Wings. LGW!

#40 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

Nothing Fabian has done in the past two season suggests he should be prompted to the first line.

Nothing abdelkader has done in the past two season suggest he should be prompted to the first line.