• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Brendan Smith watch thread

Rate this topic

I would rather see Smith play next to Commodore. I just don't think Babcock is over his hatred for Commodore, so his signing was pretty much pointless. Too bad too, because he hasn't looked bad at all, and the defense looks a ton meaner with him, Smith and Ericsson on it. All due respect to Kindl, but for me, I like Commodore better. But as long as Babcock is coach, he will never be able to show what he can do...same reason why Fedorov could never come back before he left for Russia...I like Babs, but its sad that his ego gets in the way a lot.

I look forward to seeing Smith play, but sure wish Commie was playing...

Lids Kronner

Stuart Ericsson

Smith Commie

"Fear The D!"

Over 17 minutes even strength and over 2 mins on the PP.

He lookd realy poised out there, especially for it being his debut. Overall I was impressed with his game tonight for sure. I tihnk he'll be in while whites hurt full time. His shot and ability to walk the line on the PP look deadly,

He played 1 second less than Stuart, and Lidstrom was the only other guy with more time on ice than him

Edited by newfy

Over 17 minutes even strength and over 2 mins on the PP.

He lookd realy poised out there, especially for it being his debut. Overall I was impressed with his game tonight for sure. I tihnk he'll be in while whites hurt full time. His shot and ability to walk the line on the PP look deadly,

a few lapses here and there, but that is to be expected while he learns the league.

he is so silky smooth out there, and he does walk the line very nicely on the PP. reminds me of a young you know who.

"He's got all the potential in the world," Kronwall said. "He's going to be a really good player in this league. He just needs to keep it simple right from the start, and we'll be fine. He does have a lot of upside offensively, and we need that from him. Whenever he has a chance to join the rush, he needs to be able to do that."

http://www.freep.com/article/20111118/SPORTS05/111180460/Red-Wings-Niklas-Kronwall-Brendan-Smith-has-all-potential-world-

But before anyone gets too excited I can't help but remember that Kronwall said that nearly exact same tidbit about Ericsson. :ph34r:

"The sky is the limit," Kronwall once said about Big E. Maybe in his case it's more like, "The limit is the sky."

But before anyone gets too excited I can't help but remember that Kronwall said that nearly exact same tidbit about Ericsson. :ph34r:

"The sky is the limit," Kronwall once said about Big E. Maybe in his case it's more like, "The limit is the sky."

Kronner must've been talking about E's height.

Guest NeedMoreToughness

I read that hes playing again tonight but I was drunk and forget where now.... <_<

Babcock said Brendan Smith will play Saturday, after making his NHL debut in Thursday's 5-2 loss in San Jose.

per mlive

Only played about 14 mins tonight but looked good out there and got his first point.

I dont think he'll be out of the lineup for a while now. Looked pretty physical clearing the crease from what I saw as well. I know its only been 2 games but the kid looks like hes going to be a really good player

will be interesting to see what happens when White has recovered.

The best players will play eh, well i wait with baited breath on that one now as Smith looks more poised

than some of the senior D. I did notice that Babs put Smitty out with Lids a few times last night, which

is what I wanted in the first place, more of the same please Babs.

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Ericsson

Stuart-Smith

Kindl

Would much rather have Kindl in over E but we know that won't happen. Those matchups look promising to me. Offense and defensive mixes in the pairings, give them fairly even ice time like last year and you've got a winning combination, I think.

will be interesting to see what happens when White has recovered.

The best players will play eh, well i wait with baited breath on that one now as Smith looks more poised

than some of the senior D. I did notice that Babs put Smitty out with Lids a few times last night, which

is what I wanted in the first place, more of the same please Babs.

The most surprising and imo telling pairing was Smith with Kindl. Neither player has more than a handful of NHL games worth of experience, but they've been playing a very simple, very tight game that it was a viable option for Babs without being a liability.