• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lonewuhf

Larry Murphy and "Kronwell"

Rate this topic

I do as well. It drives me nuts when the "DRIVEEEEE" says it, but to have one of our own? I know he's Canadian but still... you dont hear Mic saying it.

At times of continuous suckage everything begins to bother us - or at least me. I begin to key in on every detail and examine it for flaws. Zetterberg has lost the ability to skate fast. I am not sure if it is injury or what but he is always a full step behind where he should be in the game. I love Helmer too but he cant hold onto a puck under pressure to save his life. And unfortunately this is just the beginning.

My final thought is still this: Ericsson = turd.

:blink:

Is this what troubles you in our time of suckage?

No, but everything else has already been said on these boards. He said it like 6 times last night and it progressively got worse every time he said it again. By the last time I was ready to throw my TV out of the window (of course, this could also be that I was pissed off at the Wings' play as well). Either way, wtf, he's been part of the Wings for so long and he doesn't know what one of our top defense-man's name is??

Guest Heaten

I think he really pronounces it "Kromwell".

Larry uses the hot dog tactics as a decoy to keep our attention off his drinking games. I think the guy loves his whiskey.... more than hot dogs.

Edited by Heaten

I do as well. It drives me nuts when the "DRIVEEEEE" says it, but to have one of our own? I know he's Canadian but still... you dont hear Mic saying it.

At times of continuous suckage everything begins to bother us - or at least me. I begin to key in on every detail and examine it for flaws. Zetterberg has lost the ability to skate fast. I am not sure if it is injury or what but he is always a full step behind where he should be in the game. I love Helmer too but he cant hold onto a puck under pressure to save his life. And unfortunately this is just the beginning.

My final thought is still this: Ericsson = turd.

Couldnt agree more about Zetterberg ... wheres the 3 step quickness and flat out speed that skated Crosby into the ground for 2 cup finals?? I cant help but wonder if that MCL injury that kept him out of the entire first round last year perhaps sustained some significant damage when he tried to play against San Jose and that hes either a) still hurt or b) had his summer training regimen significantly restricted and his legs are physically not at the level in terms of explosive strength or endurance that were used to seeing. At the end of the day ... we are 17 games deep. If we are still hovering around .500 at the 30 game mark ill start getting rattled and creating Trade threads daily.

oh, and Murphy is the man ... the cups I watched him help contribute to Detroit have given him carte-blanch with respect to name butchering for me haha.

Does any else get incredibly irritated every time you hear Murphy call Kronwall Kronwell?

Lol yes. He did it like five times last night.

The worst part about it is how he SEEMS to actually hesitate and think about it... "Niklas Kron(m)...well," like he's having some deep inner struggle to say it right but his brain just won't let him.

Edited by hooon

The worst part about it is how he SEEMS to actually hesitate and think about it... "Niklas Kron(m)...well," like he's having some deep inner struggle to say it right but his brain just won't let him.

He actually does that stutter all the time. That's why he drives me bonkers as an announcer/analyst. Ta...ta...today Junior!

Hahaha, yes! To me it sounds like he's saying Kron(m)-wee-yall, like he started to say Cromwell but then remembered at the last second that there's a "wall" in there somewhere. Maybe he's an English history buff and just can't get it out of his head. I've never paid attention when we've played the Rangers - we could test that by seeing if he says King Henry instead of King Henrik. ;)

Man, Hearing him say Cromwell was a mild annoyance before but after this thread it is driving me nuts hearing it! Thanks LOL. That and how often he talks about hotdogs... I hope he knows hotdogs are made from the bumholes and lips of pigs.

Nothing wrong with "variety meats" as they call them. They clean them. After all, sausage casings are intestines (or some are, they used to all be).

I thought I heard Larry say "Kronwell" and then, in the next breath, "Kronwall". Maybe he's trying.

Paul Woods uses the same dialect at times. I heard him on a few occasions today, and other times, soften the "a" into what sounded like an "e". Don't know if it's instinctual, or easier, to say Kronwell instead of Kronwall. Maybe it is the familiarity of Oliver Cromwell's name, that makes this happen. Maybe it's just difficult to do play-by-play and/or color for such a fast moving game. Maybe they should just start calling him Pookie, or something cute like that and end the confusion.

Paul Woods drives me effing insane. Ken Kal is great to listen to but Paul Woods talks so strangely it's hard to follow what he's saying. All the "ahs" he throws after every other word really break up his sentences to the point of gibberish.

Larry Murphy is really starting to get on my nerves, too. I hope he's not going to replace Mickey, and finds a job somewhere else. The guy sounds drunk all the time and his sentences just meander--the worst thing a radio or TV personality can do.

EDIT: Whatever happened to McCarty's attempts? He wasn't bad, and I bet he'd be better doing color commentary with Ken Daniels than sitting around a desk giving analysis.

Edited by VM1138