• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bert44

Make this team better

Rate this topic

My personal opion is to bring in Marty Turco get rid of Ty conklin, Have Jimmy howard to work harder at being a better goalie. when is the last time a detroit goalie stole a game for them, I also dont like juri Hudler to much gives the puck away way to much and is really soft on defense. Get well soon Bert

Howard has been the best player on this team this year.

So much fail.

Strongly disagree, Detroit out shoots 90% of opponents, Yet they lose cause. You can almost guarantee hes gonna let in a bad goal a game

Guest Crymson

My personal opion is to bring in Marty Turco get rid of Ty conklin,

Ah, yes. The Turco whom nobody wanted.

Have Jimmy howard to work harder at being a better goalie. when is the last time a detroit goalie stole a game for them

Howard has been one of the best goalies in the league thus far. Watch more hockey.

Ah, yes. The Turco whom nobody wanted.

Howard has been one of the best goalies in the league thus far. Watch more hockey.

I know alot of red wings fans have a hard on for howie, im not saying get rid of him at all. Im saying get rid of Ty conklin. Watch jimmy howard's rebound control

Guest Crymson

I know alot of red wings fans have a hard on for howie, im not saying get rid of him at all. Im saying get rid of Ty conklin. Watch jimmy howard's rebound control

People on this forum are more likely to be hard on Howard than they are to praise him.

Howard's rebound control is not good, but that's just part of his style.

Trade 2 guys that consistently let us down but are still young and skilled enough that we can get return....

Ericson + Huds for --> Nabaokov.

There goes 6 mill in cap space, and we can sign Brendan Smith.

Remember the 250lb monster that Bertuzzi was from 2001-2004 in Vancouver ... the guy that walked around 30lbs heavier than today, played 28 minutes a game and was faster than he is now? We could use something like that to deal with defenses like San Jose that manhandle our undersized forwards all game.

Trade 2 guys that consistently let us down but are still young and skilled enough that we can get return....

Remember the 250lb monster that Bertuzzi was from 2001-2004 in Vancouver ... the guy that walked around 30lbs heavier than today, played 28 minutes a game and was faster than he is now? We could use something like that to deal with defenses like San Jose that manhandle our undersized forwards all game.

brandon_prust--300x300.jpg

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

We need to get Jason Williams back into the fold.

I say while we're at it we might as well lure Cory Cross out of retirement too.

Cross+Williams = The difference

Get 'er done Kenny

I say while we're at it we might as well lure Cory Cross out of retirement too.

Cross+Williams = The difference

Get 'er done Kenny

Totally agree. And as one last, 'final piece of the puzzle' move, lets get Boyd Devereaux up to centre the 4th line. Then we'd truly be set.

Strongly disagree, Detroit out shoots 90% of opponents, Yet they lose cause. You can almost guarantee hes gonna let in a bad goal a game

Yes the out shoot, and score 1 goal. You can't expect Howard to give up less then 2 goals everynight. The guy already has 3 shutouts.

Our problem is our offense, not our defense. When you don't score on your chances and then they take the lead. You have to open up even more and that leads to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th goal.

Howard is far from the problem... Look at two of the highest paid players on our roster and you will see where the problems is. We win when our secondary scoring is going because they are the only ones putting it in the net.

Our top offensive players have failed so far this season on putting the puck in the net. That needs to change!

Guest blueadams

how do we get better?

1) we can pray.

2) we can drop the entitled attitude and start playing as hard as other good teams.

3) we can make some moves here and there before the deadline - WITHOUT increasing our salary for next year.

4) we can get smith, nyquist and maybe even tatar some more playing time.

5) we can sign suter and parise at the end of the year and have a real shot next year.

Rumor has it Jeff Carter wants out of Columbus.

Jurco+Nyquist and a 4th?

No way.

Carter was traded out of Philly mainly because of off ice issues, and now he's rumoured to be fed up in Columbus after not even a quarter of a season? Avoid at all costs.

Besides, Nyquist is our best forward prospect, and we just drafted Jurco and he's having a tremendous season.

Guest Crymson

I don't like Hudler and Ericsson at all, but let me get this straight: you're looking to trade the two of them for a guy who won't want to play back up and who is injured as of last night.

Brendan Smith is already signed and has been for over a year. If you're referring to clearing cap space to bring him to the majors, then you're still wrong, because the Wings have vastly more than enough space to call him up and keep him for the entire season should they decide they wish to do so.

Power forwards of Bertuzzi's ilk are rare. He wasn't called the Freight Train for no reason. His back surgery put an unfortunate damper on his career.

I have looked into the future and in a parallel universe, where this happens, the Wings win the Stanley Cup

They made a blockbuster move to really shake things up and sent Franzen, Hudler, Ericsson, Smith and a 1st rd pick to Nashville in exchange for Kostitsyn, Erat and Weber... everyone gets healthy and this happens:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Kostitsyn

Cleary-Zetterberg-Erat

Bertuzzi-Helm-Abdelkader

Holmstrom-Emmerton-Eaves

Miller

Lidstrom-Weber

Kronwall-Stuart

Kindl-White

Commodore

:ph34r:

DISCLAIMER - This is meant more as a joke than anything, but in all seriousness, I really do think we need a major roster shake-up, just to break the complacency that has hit this team....

Rumor has it Jeff Carter wants out of Columbus.

Jurco+Nyquist and a 4th?

I would honestly vomit.

Jeff Carter has to be one of the most overrated players in the game. Yes, he gets his points but people on this board are frustarated by the perimeter play of the current crop of forwards...just wait for Carter. The guy has no heart and will never be truly elite in this league.

I have looked into the future and in a parallel universe, where this happens, the Wings win the Stanley Cup

They made a blockbuster move to really shake things up and sent Franzen, Hudler, Ericsson, Smith and a 1st rd pick to Nashville in exchange for Kostitsyn, Erat and Weber... everyone gets healthy and this happens:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Kostitsyn

Cleary-Zetterberg-Erat

Bertuzzi-Helm-Abdelkader

Holmstrom-Emmerton-Eaves

Miller

Lidstrom-Weber

Kronwall-Stuart

Kindl-White

Commodore

:ph34r:

DISCLAIMER - This is meant more as a joke than anything, but in all seriousness, I really do think we need a major roster shake-up, just to break the complacency that has hit this team....

Stevkraus - even as a joke, it pains me so much to see you make such an ugly suggestion.

I would honestly vomit.

Jeff Carter has to be one of the most overrated players in the game. Yes, he gets his points but people on this board are frustarated by the perimeter play of the current crop of forwards...just wait for Carter. The guy has no heart and will never be truly elite in this league.

Stevkraus - even as a joke, it pains me so much to see you make such an ugly suggestion.

Yea... admittedly, I got a little out of hand with that one... the driving point I was making, albeit in an over the top manner, was I think we need a drastic roster shake up to wake some people up... and at least 2 roster players are probably going to have to be involved to do this...