• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bert44

Make this team better

Rate this topic

It's not going to happen, but I think Zetterberg should seriously be considered for a trade. He has value to other teams (most of them aren't going to be interested in Hudler, sorry), he isn't working out (last season was pretty damn streaky, this one's flat), and trading him would let every other player know that this is serious (something that firing Babcock won't do).

I think Z + 1st rounder could net Nash + Carter. That's a team that's looking to change in a big way, and they would kill to get a center like Z. The big down side is that they're in the division, but the other teams that are struggling don't have much to offer and probably aren't willing to do something like that.

I know it's crazy talk and will never happen, but it should.

I can dig it, but I would think any trade involving the Wings getting Parise or Hemsky wold no doubt include one of or both Franzen and Hudler...just my opinion.

I would think they'd be after our youth more than Hudler and Franzen. I think the Hemsky/Selanne/Parise/Semin bids are going to cost the Wings a Smith/Mursak/Tatar/Kindl type guy plus a couple picks.

Guest Crymson

I was going to make a thread about the trade I think is most likely to happen next, but I'll post here instead.

Teemu Selanne will be a Red Wing soon, imo.

Selanne will retire a Duck. Beyond that, he's a vital scorer for a goal-starved Anaheim team; he's a local hero; and he's on a small contract.

look for the Wings to trade Brad Stuart and a pick to Anaheim for Selanne before the beginning of the 2012. That will fill one hole.

Stuart is on the final year of his deal. And why would the Ducks even want him anyway? They're fine on defensive-D depth.

A trade deadline move could be made to get Parise or Hemsky later on, as well.

Three big deadline deals would be: a) impossible to pull off, and b) would drain the Wings` farm for the next five years.

It's not going to happen, but I think Zetterberg should seriously be considered for a trade. He has value to other teams (most of them aren't going to be interested in Hudler, sorry), he isn't working out (last season was pretty damn streaky, this one's flat), and trading him would let every other player know that this is serious (something that firing Babcock won't do).

I think Z + 1st rounder could net Nash + Carter. That's a team that's looking to change in a big way, and they would kill to get a center like Z. The big down side is that they're in the division, but the other teams that are struggling don't have much to offer and probably aren't willing to do something like that.

I know it's crazy talk and will never happen, but it should.

It's not the fact that it's our division. I don't know what it is with wings fans thinking that other teams will trade there beat pieces for our struggling players...?

I also don't understand how trading Kronwall and Zetterberg for another player makes is better. I don't care who u bring in but besides Stamkos, Crosby, Ovechkin, and the Sedins, that trade bringing back ie guy will Always make us worse. For this team to get better via trade STOP Looking at roster players, only one of them will be moved for the sole purpose of a roster space. The rest will be picks or prospects. Especially the LAST place Blue jackets.

If Columbus traded Nash and Carter for an Aging Zetterberg I want what ever glue he is huffing. As Winga fans is time to start taking the scraps out of the trade list cause they will get no return and start putting the names down that will. Without hurting our team. Trading Zetterberg will Never help this team or Kronwall. Won't happen no way no how. Look at the prospects and our 1sr round pick and u will find what we have to offer. Every body says draft picks are sooooo valuable. Exactly so stop pretending were going to land Parise on the contending Devils with Hudler involved. Start

Looking at Carter, SPEZZA and Iggy... Horrible teams with players that want a shot or want out and teams that want to rebuild with picks and prospects. No not Hudler, Cleary or Bertuzzi...

Selanne will retire a Duck. Beyond that, he's a vital scorer for a goal-starved Anaheim team; he's a local hero; and he's on a small contract.

Stuart is on the final year of his deal. And why would the Ducks even want him anyway? They're fine on defensive-D depth.

Three big deadline deals would be: a) impossible to pull off, and b) would drain the Wings` farm for the next five years.

I would say that were the deepest we have been in the farm for a while, I don't think trading for 1 guy would drain out farms yea would it cost a lot yea. Would it train our youth, no...

This I disagree with. I think the Ducks are going to give him up for a player like Mursak/Tatar and Stuart.

Stuart could crack the Ducks line-up on defense. He's better than the guys on their 5/6 pairings.

Because this could be the last shot they have at winning. Lidstrom/Zetterberg/Datsyuk aren't exactly looking like they're owning the league anymore. I agree with you that it's going to be tough to make that kind of a deal happen, though.

Guest NeedMoreToughness

Right handed top six players with SIZE. Teams like the San Jose Sharks just run over the current Roster.

Hemsky????? Why? He is made of glass and even when he isn't hurt he can be streaky at best. Kenny bet on Hossa over Mule and lost then he signed Hudler for some reason after he didn't fit the first time. Ken Holland has made some amazing deals in the past but his track record in the last couple of years looks not so good. Sure the team has been very good but when a player like Hossa that is a true sniper and very good two way player comes along you can't let them get away. I think this team needs a trade. The comfort level amoung the players is too high and its starting to show. Kenny should shop Mule and Flip and see whats out there. Maybe the rumour of a trade would spark this team up a bit???

Guest Heaten

Hossa vs Franzen...

Holland made the right decision. Hossa's playoff record is stale. He's Mr. Invisible when it matters.

Guest Crymson

I don't know why people here don't see that the Wings have the talent to win it all. They've just not been getting production from needed quarters, and they've been making stupid mistakes. Once Datsyuk and Zetterberg get going, and once the kinks from the new coaches are worked out, I think things will go much better.

We saw again in the games against Anaheim, Colorado, Edmonton and Dallas what the Wings are capable of, and that was without any scoring from Pavel or Hank.

Edited by Crymson

Guest NeedMoreToughness

I don't know why people here don't see that the Wings have the talent to win it all. They've just not been getting production from needed quarters, and they've been making stupid mistakes. Once Datsyuk and Zetterberg get going, and once the kinks from the new coaches are worked out, I think things will go much better.

We saw again in the games against Anaheim, Colorado, Edmonton and Dallas what the Wings are capable of, and that was without any scoring from Pavel or Hank.

Look at Chicagos/San Jose's top6 and you'll see what a talented top6 looks like. Detroit's top6 got nothing on those two team's top6

Guest Crymson

Look at Chicagos/San Jose's top6 and you'll see what a talented top6 looks like. Detroit's top6 got nothing on those two team's top6

The Wings get significantly more production from their 3rd/4th lines and defense than either of those teams do. If you want the Wings to have a better top-six, a better bottom-six, and a better defensive corps than every other team, then you're going to be disappointed.

Edited by Crymson

We certainly saw what Flip and Franzen are capable of. Quality second line-type objects that can win you some games when your top guys don't score. This is the primary function of depth, of course, but the team won't be very successful if those top guys never score.

I'm continuing to give Pavel the benefit of the doubt because he at least looks like he's trying to play hockey, but Hank has honestly looked like a fourth liner of late. I have no explanation for this; perhaps he's injured. If it's any solace at all he's at least had one other fairly rough start to the season, in 2007, and he ended up above PPG that year.

Guest Heaten

How many 1st round picks do those teams have in their top6?

Couture = 9th overall

Thonton = 1st overall

Marleau = 2nd overall

How many years did Chicago tank to get their current top 6?

It's not rocket science, Detroit doesn't have the luxury of picking top 10 every year. They find stars in the 7th and 9th round and people are still not happy.

I watched a game from the 2008 playoffs this morning because I was bored and wanted to remember what the good Red Wings team was capable of. Quite frankly, they have never really been the same team since that year. Their defense was impeckable, their star players were their star players, and their depth players all fulfilled their jobs and added offense to that.

With that said, the Wings still have the potential to get to that level... we have a good defense core still, our depth guys are playing great... its just a matter of Pavs and Hank doing their part now. Then it hit me... the biggest difference between then and now is Zetterberg... he was the team's goal scorer that entire year... he was the go-to guy because Pavs would just feed him the puck and he would not hesitate to blast that puck every chance he got. The problem? Since then, Mike babcock has consistently tried to always separate the two, leaving Hank to center his own 2nd like where he had to become more focused on being the set-up guy for his wingers and, in doing so, lost his scoring touch. If Mike Babcock wants the Wings to be successful, he has got to put Pavs and Hank together and keep them together and have the emphasis be Hank shooting the puck every time PAvs feeds it to him. If these two are given the time to develop their needed chemistry, and are the dominant line that we know them to be, then the Wings will be icing a team that is one of the best in the league. If babcock continues to not recognize this, then he is largely to blame.

Guest NeedMoreToughness

How many 1st round picks do those teams have in their top6?

Couture = 9th overall

Thonton = 1st overall

Marleau = 2nd overall

How many years did Chicago tank to get their current top 6?

It's not rocket science, Detroit doesn't have the luxury of picking top 10 every year. They find stars in the 7th and 9th round and people are still not happy.

They traded up to get Couture (great active GM'ing), Thornton was a boston draft pick...

The Wings get significantly more production from their 3rd/4th lines and defense than either of those teams do. If you want the Wings to have a better top-six, a better bottom-six, and a better defensive corps than every other team, then you're going to be disappointed.

Yet those teams are playing better than us.

Big surprise.

everyone knows they have the potential to get it done but why would anyone believe it. they honestly give us no reason to believe they will fulfill that potential.

u could literally say the same thing about 15 teams in this league.

Guest Crymson

everyone knows they have the potential to get it done but why would anyone believe it. they honestly give us no reason to believe they will fulfill that potential.

u could literally say the same thing about 15 teams in this league.

That's an arbitrary statement. How many of those teams have proven that they're of championship caliber?

Datsyuk has 3 Selke trophies saying Detroit has the best defensive forward in the game. I would say that Detroit's top six "has that" on Chicago's and San Jose's. San Jose's top six has won a combined zero Stanley Cups. I would say that Detroit's tops six "has that" on them.

Guest NeedMoreToughness

Datsyuk has 3 Selke trophies saying Detroit has the best defensive forward in the game. I would say that Detroit's top six "has that" on Chicago's and San Jose's. San Jose's top six has won a combined zero Stanley Cups. I would say that Detroit's tops six "has that" on them.

Don't bring up the past, live in the present.

None of our top 6 forwards are as good as they were in 2008.

Don't bring up the past, live in the present.

Oh I see... only look at less than 25% of one season, but completely ingnore the previous full regular seasons and playoffs. That seems logical.

Or perhaps you actually mean "Don't bring up things that don't support my statement. Only look at what I want you to." Sorry, I'm not going to do that.

I know it may seem difficult, but if you could remember WAY in the distant past to last season. Detroit won the Central Division, beating Chicago - AND they scored more goals than Chicago. This happened in a season when the top six forwards for both teams were almost identical to what they are THIS season.